Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

on slimming down- need some advice

glass half full

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
After some time away from women after my D, now I'm getting interested again. But in my "off time", or more appropriately "didn't much give a dam time" I've managed to gain a lot of weight. Mainly midsection, all around. Any dieting/workout suggestions that are tried and true?

bmp2cpm

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You could join your local gym, hire a cute female trainer, work out with her regularly (e.g, 2 to 3 times a week), thus be seen by a lot of the female gym members, and maybe find out more about some of the cute female gym members from your personal trainer. Seeing cute females at the gym always motivates me to give it my all in a workout.

apprenticedj

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've lost 50 pounds this year and my confidence has improved vastly so let me say this:

Lose the damn weight!

You'll feel and look so much better, being out of shape is not attractive. I've had more success recently then I've ever had before so it's worth every bit of effort.

As with most things in life I follow the K.I.S.S. method (Keep it simple stupid). Though we may behave differently we all basically know what's healthy and what's not. So keep it simple: eat cleaner, healthier foods and start exercising. Even it's just a brisk walk in the evening the point is to get moving, get your body back in gear and you'll see results quickly.

After a period of acclimation you can start to look for different routines. One thing I would recommend very highly is lifting weights. Losing poundage is great but you don't want to be "skinny fat", you know those soft looking dudes, baby belly with twig arms? Not a good look!

Best of luck my friend, if you ever have any other questions feel free to msg me.

sodbuster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cut out the carbs.....avoid as much wheat, corn,sugar, etc as you can stand. IF you are still hungry, eat nuts or cheese as a snack. Think Paleo or Adkins type diets. Then exercise.

MOTU

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have lost 60lbs in the last 2yrs and can now bench my own body weight, and let me tell you, it feels good. It's worth the work. I have actually noticed chicks giving the "the look" up and down lately, for the first time in years. Young, hot chicks. Now I feel no chick is "out of my league".

I am doing low carb now but lost the first 45lbs counting calories. If you use an app like Loseit or myfitnesspal it's not that hard, and it works great.

As others have mentioned, you get skinny in the kitchen and fit in the gym. Exercise 3-4 times per week. Be committed to this. I just walked for the first 6months then added in light weights for the next six and this year I have focused on strength training. HIIT is good for fat burning, but don't cut corners. Pick a plan and stick with it, and be committed to exercising for the rest of your life.
These days I lift 3x per week (one full body, one upper, one legs and core) and do cardio 3x per week (walk once on a lift day, sprints once and a 3 or 4 mile run once). I don't exercise on wknds.

Dreesy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Keto diets are so restrictive, and everyone has the mindset that carbs are the enemy - they aren't. Unless you have a heath condition like diabetes, it's not necessary for most people.

1. Use myfitnesspal or similar app to track all of your calories. Get a cheap food scale. Counting calories is pointless if you don't scale properly. Eat More Protein.

2. Use a 500-1000 calorie deficit, depending on how much weight you have to lose. You can increase a calorie deficit by either eating less, or exercising more. A combination of the two is best. Be VERY careful when 'calculating' calories burned from exercise. Eat More Protein.

Never. Ever. Eat back the calories you've burned exercising.

3. If it fits your macros. Use myfitnesspal or similar app and make sure you're getting your daily protein. Fats and carbs generally fall into place pretty easily. Eat More Protein.

4. Intermittent fasting. Pick an 8 hour window and eat all of your food during it. The other 16 hours are no food, water only (8 of which are spent sleeping). Eat More Protein.

5. Lift some weights if you want to be sexy. Lifting burns less than cardio, but has the benefits of ambient calorie burn hours after lifting, as well as HGH release and other benefits. Eat More Protein.

Cardio if you want to target that fat like a madman and accelerate your weight loss. Be careful, too much cardio and not enough weights and protein means you will also be shedding off lots of muscle. Eat More Protein. Get it yet?

BadNews

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Eat clean, and eat appropriate portion sizes; don't eat until you're "full." NEVER eat carbs in the morning, and NEVER eat carbs before you work out, this will dramatically hinder your body's process of burning fat during the two most important times of the day. Carbs after a workout are great, LOTS of healthy fats when you wake up (combined with protein) is the absolute best favor you can do for yourself.

Exercise, this doesn't mean run on a treadmill for hours, that is almost useless. Lift weights, you burn more calories lifting heavy weights, and for cardio do interval training. Find a program that motives you, that you can track your progression, and that you WILL stick to.

SLEEP! This is one of the most important factors that is often overlooked. Make sure you're getting 8 hours sleep minimum.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The keto diet fanatics say that if you eat a ton of protein, the body will convert it to glycogen, therefore kicking you out of ketosis even though you didn't eat carbs. From what I read, research has not been able to confirm or deny that claim; no one really knows for sure.

From reading posts by people who lost a lot of weight on low-carb diets, most of them seem to have followed a diet that had most of its calories coming from fat. Cutting out processed food not only cuts down on carbs, it tends to make you consume healthier fats. Cooking your own food in olive or coconut oil is going to be better for you than any pre-prepared food you can buy; mass-produced items have to use the cheapest of ingredients to be competitive on price.

And this is off-topic, but it was known in the 1920's that ketogenosis would reduce seizures in child epilepsy patients by 1/2 to 2/3. Then in the 30s, the drug companies came out with Tramadol, which they thought was the perfect solution, and began a long history of healthcare run by the pharma industry. Doctors today don't even tell parents that a keto diet will reduce seizures; they probably don't even know that. All we want are pills to fix our health problems, because that is the easy way. Making diet changes takes more effort than most people can handle.

Tictac

Banned
Reaction score
30 minutes cardio, 4 consecutive days, 6 days if you can.

Progressive weight training will build lean mass and up your metabolism.

Eat better, drink less alcohol and more water.

Don't expect visible results for about a month.

Keep at it.

Paintballguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

soden

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just keep it as simpe as possible.

Maybe this is a good starting point for you, if you plan on lifting too:

http://www.t-nation.com/diet-fat-loss/simple-diet

"The leaner you are, the closer to where you want to be physique-wise, the more you can cheat." Keep that in mind!

Avoid all processed foods, only drink water and your coffee without any extras. AND go to the gym.

And the best way to burn extra kcal is long endurance training. If your time is limited, you might have to go for Intervalltraining/Sprints.
Of course in combination with lifting :box:

And calorie counting is in general pointless. You might get a refernce point but it can easily be higher or lower (200-400 +/- !). Same goes for the heartrate and the holy grail of heartrate training bull****. Just ignore this crap, you dont need it.

Maybe a look over my diet might help you:

breakfast
oats+water (microwave)
whey protein shake
apple
banana

wholegrain bread
smoked salmon
cream cheese

lunch
chicken breast
potatoes
brokkoli

wholegrain bread
chicken breast
cream cheese
half avocado

dinner
scrambled eggs
onions, champignons
gouda

Its just a sample day. Fruits/Veggies differ and sometimes I add walnuts, etc...
And theres another Whey+Creatin Shake after lifting

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are many diets out there. The best advice I can repeat, from a dude named Elliot Hulse (YouTube him), is to pick an exercise program, and stick to it for one whole year. If you can do that, you have successfully changed your lifestyle. Good luck.

Tortendieb

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
For me it has really helped to switch diet very slowly, and not stick to crazy plans.

Basically I collected all kinds of dishes that are high in protein and medium-low in carbs and fat. Then I chose those which I naturally like! At work I will have a "cheat lunch", simply because I can't be a$$ed to bring something every day. Other than that, my diet consists of:

Morning: Muesli (Oats, Nuts, bit of raisins, bit of something sweet). Be aware though that I cut down MASSIVELY on the size! Sorry pal, breakfast is not that important after all. I barely feel the difference and I'm only eating half of what I used to. At least I'm hungry before lunch (which will be heavy anyway)!

Lunch: Something reasonable at a restaurant near work, but can also be a burger sometimes. But there's a long afternoon + workout afterwards.

Pre-Workout: Apple+Banana, maybe an hour before. If lunch was small, maybe some muesli bar - whatever is available and reasonable in calories.

Post-Workout: Another apple, just so I don't collapse since I have to ride my bike home

Dinner: One of
- Curd (3-500g), mixed with frozen (hence fresh) fruit. Fills you like crazy and has 0 fat, and only as many carbs as you need to recover
- Chicken breast (300g), dice and fry, together with vegetables (can also be frozen for convenience. just buy good quality). Heavy pepper, maybe a bit of olive oil.
- If very hungry, can add 1-2 slices of bread. Very thin topping of whatever you like (butter cheese jam, but just for the taste!). Lean ham is great.
- If it NEEDS TO BE, buy a frozen dish but pay attention that it's not too fat. You can get some stir fry stuff, put some fresh vegetables and egg in there and only eat half of it. But prefer cleaner options.

Anyway, what really helped me was CURD and Boiled ham. Both have high protein and almost 0 fat/carbs. They don't go bad quickly, I have huge stashes of them. Whenever I feel like snacking, I whip up something quick with them. Stuff like curd+tuna+horseradish (season with lemon+pepper) sounds crazy, but it actually tastes great.

And when I'm talking curd I don't mean cheese, but pure, unprocessed curd. Here in Germany it's a staple food, next to milk, and ridiculously cheap.

Tortendieb

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So you see, my diet is not really very clean but I lost like 5 kg in the last 3 months, without changing my workout.

Girls really notice. I never knew I'd be so handsome.

ZTIME

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
P-90X!! I'll tell you, been going through a little crazy stuff recently, but this is a great cure for whatever ails you.

I'm sure you already know what kind of junk you're putting into your body,(soda,candy,pasta,etc.) so just stop doing it. Drink a lot of water, eat protein, and get to work.

I like P-90x because it's all basic and can be done at home. Buy it for $70 or find a ripped copy. follow it like a religion.

I'm 35 days in. lost 25lbs. I'm 43 and can do it your 50 so can you. Once you're done, hit the gym to meet women if you prefer, but you'll already look amazing when you get there.

Good Luck Sir!