Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

differences in preferred music- how to handle this...

glass half full

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I was out of high school, it seemed I never had that problem. But as I got older, I found that any woman I was with did not like my kind of music. From 60's acid rock to 70's hard rock, some 80' HM/hardcore, and some 2000-era stoner rock. Sure I can handle what they call "classic rock", but I can only listen to the same old songs for so long (radio crap).

A guy I used to work with couldn't believe I was married to a woman who didn't share my music interests, his wife did. They were into really heavy metal, where they "growl" instead of sing. They are maybe 10 years younger then I. I asked him if he knew any women my age that listened to what I listen to, he didn't have an answer. He got my point...

So my question- What to do?
Have any of you guys had this problem? And if so, WTF?

Soolaimon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What kind of music do you like?

Women I dated listened to mainly country, pop, and hip hop.

They would listen to older stuff from the 70's and 80's too.

Classic Rock is still popular with bands like Journey, AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd.

I don't think the conflict of music taste would matter unless you are with her in the car or at her place with music playing.

At my place or in my cars I listen to what I want and she can listen to it with me.

You should do the same.

My GF and I pretty much like the same stuff so it isn't really a problem.

glass half full

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's where my wife and I had the problem, in the car, mainly. She used to ***** about it at work, where I was too. And her ***** friends would look down on me about it. But that's old crap now...lol!

My current reason for asking this is, I'm interested in a 55yo., she looks 40 or so, and her Facebook music likes are mainly country. Seems like all chicks like country nowadays. That sh!t gets old on me real quick...

smooth_as_silk

Don Juan
Reaction score
Another one looking for a soulmate who would share his musical, culinary, blah blah... tastes :crackup:
This is completely irrelevant... after shagging her, turn on your music or go enjoy it with your buddies.

latinnova

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The other night we went back to one of my plates houses for the night. She had some of this new techno babble bullsh!t playing. I went over there, told her I was going to put on something a little more relaxing. Put it on without her permission, she just went with it and it set the mood a lot better. She actually put on more songs by the artist as the night went on. In the car I put on what ever the hell I want too. If she really hates it I may make a compromise, but I just put on what ever I want.