Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is it okay for men to talk about their feelings? For real ?

mv.89

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hello Brothers,

I was one of those guys who had three feelings only "Mad, Happy and Don't give a danm".

Now since I stared a new workout regime (powerlifting) I've noticed there are good days and bad days and if the feelings (exact feeling) goes undressed the workout goes very bad.

I ask cuz I think that I ain't the only one wondering about this.

Every time I have a bad workout - I write about what happened during the day to pin point, so sh!t doesn't happen again and if it does how to counter it.

Do you guys think it's healthy ? that's my question. I write it down in my JOURNAL for that "bad workout day" NOT TALKING TO SOMEONE.

What's the consensus here? It probably won't change what I do but at least I'd know if somethings "up" I need to work on it.

Thanks brothers.

No.Danny

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Awww. You should probably buy a diary too, in hot pink!

latinnova

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Err... No, that is my answer. On the days when a lot of things are bothering me I go to the gym and absolutely destroy the weights in a hulk rage sort of fury. I can lift wayyyy... More and have the the energy of a nuclear weapon.
After that I feel awesome! When something is bothering u obviously u can talk with your friends about it and make fun of it, get it off your chest. But writing stuff down only leaves clear evidence of what was bothering you and u will never forget it. Maybe if you write it down and get it off your chest, then burn that paper in a fire immediately afterwards, that might work

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with talking about how you feel. If writing it down works for you, cool. If talk to people on a forum works for you, cool. And better yet, if you have a good friend to talk to about things, cool. No need to bottle things up.

Personally if I have to talk something out with someone, I usually do it with a girlfriend, or with a good friend. Its not often that I need to, but I have a couple of good friends that I can share things with, and they are able to share things with me as well.

I go through phases though. Sometimes I prefer talking to my friends about things. Other times I prefer to write things down on paper. Lately though Ive just been using forums to talk about certain things, just so I can get diverse opinions.

hop On hop Off

Don Juan
Reaction score
latinnova said:
Err... No, that is my answer. On the days when a lot of things are bothering me I go to the gym and absolutely destroy the weights in a hulk rage sort of fury.
I disagree.

Working out in such a mood is very bad. You want to work out in a happy, joyous mood. It's good for your body and mind.

mv.89

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
latinnova said:
Err... No, that is my answer. On the days when a lot of things are bothering me I go to the gym and absolutely destroy the weights in a hulk rage sort of fury. I can lift wayyyy... More and have the the energy of a nuclear weapon.
After that I feel awesome! When something is bothering u obviously u can talk with your friends about it and make fun of it, get it off your chest. But writing stuff down only leaves clear evidence of what was bothering you and u will never forget it. Maybe if you write it down and get it off your chest, then burn that paper in a fire immediately afterwards, that might work

For real ? Are you on a cycle ? maybe that's what's helping you.

There has been a lot of talks regarding how emotions can affect work outs.

The things I write down - are to pin point- you know some people are visual learner who do stuff once everything is displayed.

When it comes to emotions I think I'm a visual learner and after writing em down it's not visible unless I want to go read it again.

mv.89

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Jaylan said:
There's nothing wrong with talking about how you feel. If writing it down works for you, cool. If talk to people on a forum works for you, cool. And better yet, if you have a good friend to talk to about things, cool. No need to bottle things up.

Personally if I have to talk something out with someone, I usually do it with a girlfriend, or with a good friend. Its not often that I need to, but I have a couple of good friends that I can share things with, and they are able to share things with me as well.

I go through phases though. Sometimes I prefer talking to my friends about things. Other times I prefer to write things down on paper. Lately though Ive just been using forums to talk about certain things, just so I can get diverse opinions.

I do not have the courage to talk to anyone about my emotions that why I write em down and deal with em myself. It also gives me a chance to learn.

I feel like , if I talk to someone about those there perception about me would change from strong to gentle or whatever lol

Judgements or advises from others could be biased but my own rationalizing cannot be because I cannot lie to myself.

mv.89

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
hop On hop Off said:
I disagree.

Working out in such a mood is very bad. You want to work out in a happy, joyous mood. It's good for your body and mind.
I agree with you. There is a reason why there are good days and bad days.

Serenity

Reaction score
I resent the idea that men are/should be emotionless, because the truth is we aren't. It's fine to be vulnerable and talk about how you feel. However there are a few things to steer away from in regards to that.
1. Don't talk about it to girls or people you recently met.
2. Venting it is one thing, but don't ever expect anyone to solve your issues.
3. Keep it to the people close to you, if they hate on it they aren't really friends.
4. If it's very much or often a therapist is a better choice than over-burdening your friends.

If you want to just write it down for yourself that's none of anyone's business, it helps in many cases. You'll never really forget anything, most just have other more positive things they focus on to fill their attention.

I would argue we need emotion to understand emotion. Women have emotion so understanding emotion makes it easier to understand women.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Grewd said:
I resent the idea that men are/should be emotionless, because the truth is we aren't.
There's nothing wrong with having emotions, we just have to be strong.
Some gurus say that playing your vulnerability is a powerful tool, but there isn't a lot of information on it because it's tricky - exactly when to play it and how much.

mv.89

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
There's nothing wrong with having emotions, we just have to be strong.
Some gurus say that playing your vulnerability is a powerful tool, but there isn't a lot of information on it because it's tricky - exactly when to play it and how much.
Yeah I've heard that too but my intention was not that and rather for the purposes of self awareness.

latinnova

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
mv.89 said:
For real ? Are you on a cycle ? maybe that's what's helping you.

There has been a lot of talks regarding how emotions can affect work outs.

The things I write down - are to pin point- you know some people are visual learner who do stuff once everything is displayed.

When it comes to emotions I think I'm a visual learner and after writing em down it's not visible unless I want to go read it again.
No, I like my balls producing their own testestosterone, thank you. I'm not lying, the days I am stressed the most are my best workouts, bar none. It gives me much fuel to do what I have to do. It's hard to believe that is the opposite for anyone else, that is just the way my body works. I have been working out for 14 years, so maybe I know how to focus my energy better, I don't know.

mv.89

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
latinnova said:
No, I like my balls producing their own testestosterone, thank you. I'm not lying, the days I am stressed the most are my best workouts, bar none. It gives me much fuel to do what I have to do. It's hard to believe that is the opposite for anyone else, that is just the way my body works. I have been working out for 14 years, so maybe I know how to focus my energy better, I don't know.
Yeah possibly that because you've been doing it for so long -it's in your procedural memory hence small stuff doesn't bother you.

I should've written "Men to addresstheir feelings instead of talking" lol cuz that's what I meant.

johnywhite17

Don Juan
Reaction score
There have been studies done that show this helps reduce stress. Do you want less stress, or are you going to let social conditioning tell that it's wrong? I personally could not care less how other people think a "real man" behaves. Understanding there is no such thing helps that. Even so you must feel pretty insecure if you're checking an internet forum to see if some trivial thing you do is ok.

johnywhite17

Don Juan
Reaction score
There have been studies done that show this helps reduce stress. Do you want less stress, or are you going to let social conditioning tell that it's wrong? I personally could not care less how other people think a "real man" behaves. Understanding there is no such thing helps that. Even so you must feel pretty insecure if you're checking an internet forum to see if some trivial thing you do is ok.

johnywhite17

Don Juan
Reaction score

johnywhite17

Don Juan
Reaction score

johnywhite17

Don Juan
Reaction score

VikingKing

Banned
Reaction score
Jaylan said:

Jaylans good friends are women. He is like the gay best friend.