Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Going back to college, tips needed!

apprenticedj

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've finally decided to go back to school in order to achieve my ultimate dream of being a teacher. I was always an insane slacker so I'm excited to get back in there, right many wrongs and clean up my transcripts. In addition to taking care of business school-wise I'm also excited at the prospect of gaming some cuties. Now bear in mind this is community college so the range of classmates are more diverse than say a university. I'm 29 years old, moderately good looking and funny as hell. I love to have fun and I'm often told I look 24 so I'm not too worried about being the weird old creeper but I'm still looking for some tips from DJs who have done this before. Here's my overall game plan:

I'm going to be friendly but not overly so. I'll attempt to befriend classmates of all walks of life, from shy nerdy dudes, to old ladies, crazy fresh off the boat foreigners, not just the cute chicks. My reasoning for this is it will show my genuinely social side, which isn't an act, I love people. I'm hoping to help break the ice for the whole class which I believe will score me points with any cuties via social proof. Also I own my own home so I'll definitely be offering to host study sessions followed by drinks.

I feel so much more confident these days so I know I'll do well. I can game chicks easily especially once the ice is broken so I'm very excited. Plus this my first semester of many to come so I'm just trying to sharpen my sword, no real expectations.

How does my plan sound? Any tips my wise fellow DJs?

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Community college is definitely better for someone older than mid 20s, since the vibe is a bit different. I made friends of varying age while in community college (from ages 19 to 40). Honestly, you should just do what youre saying youll do. Be friendly, crack jokes, be involved in class and with assignments, and definitely hang out in the student union building if you have one.

I made my friends in the cafeteria and the pool room. Granted I went into school as a 21 yr old freshman, but this should apply to you. Everyone I met seemed cool with chatting with older folks, so long as they fit in.

Once I went to university the vibe was much different. At a 4 yr school, it is odd to see someone older than their mid 20s in certain classes or hangout settings. If you were on a 4 yr campus, Id tell you to target grad students in order to find older friends, parties and hang out spots.

Anyways, though community college is usually missing the big party atmosphere, its good in that its very more diverse student wise. There were a couple of older women I wanted to get with when I was in community college. I usually saw them in afternoon or night classes. One was moderately flirty with me, but as a 21 yr old kid, I didnt know how to translate any of that into a date.

Do your thing OP and dont sweat it. Just play it real cool and dont be overeager to befriend people and get them at your house. And definitely make sure you build a good friendly rapport before inviting people to your place. Have a study session or two on campus first. Have fun.

JaegerPilot217

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
apprenticedj said:
I've finally decided to go back to school in order to achieve my ultimate dream of being a teacher. I was always an insane slacker so I'm excited to get back in there, right many wrongs and clean up my transcripts. In addition to taking care of business school-wise I'm also excited at the prospect of gaming some cuties. Now bear in mind this is community college so the range of classmates are more diverse than say a university. I'm 29 years old, moderately good looking and funny as hell. I love to have fun and I'm often told I look 24 so I'm not too worried about being the weird old creeper but I'm still looking for some tips from DJs who have done this before. Here's my overall game plan:

I'm going to be friendly but not overly so. I'll attempt to befriend classmates of all walks of life, from shy nerdy dudes, to old ladies, crazy fresh off the boat foreigners, not just the cute chicks. My reasoning for this is it will show my genuinely social side, which isn't an act, I love people. I'm hoping to help break the ice for the whole class which I believe will score me points with any cuties via social proof. Also I own my own home so I'll definitely be offering to host study sessions followed by drinks.

I feel so much more confident these days so I know I'll do well. I can game chicks easily especially once the ice is broken so I'm very excited. Plus this my first semester of many to come so I'm just trying to sharpen my sword, no real expectations.

How does my plan sound? Any tips my wise fellow DJs?
Just wondering OP, do you already have an associates or bachelors degree?

apprenticedj

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
JaegerPilot217 said:
Just wondering OP, do you already have an associates or bachelors degree?
No sir, I'm 100% degree-less. I spent my prime college age years in an adjunct program specializing in marijuana related studies! :up:

JaegerPilot217

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
apprenticedj said:
No sir, I'm 100% degree-less. I spent my prime college age years in an adjunct program specializing in marijuana related studies! :up:
same here in regards to being degree-less, I lacked ambition and motivation for a while

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The point of talking to girls at school is so you have an excuse to talk to them again later, somewhere other than class. Have a brief, funny chat, then just walk off like you don't even notice the girl is hot. Then when you see her again, say at a bar, then you're not just a random guy hitting on her. It's much more socially acceptable for her to talk to a guy at a bar that she knows from somewhere else, than a complete cold approach. Plus, she'll be a lot friendlier with a few drinks in her.

Dating is pretty much dead. It's been a hookup culture for quite a while. When you talk to girls at school, you're priming them for a hookup later, and nothing more. That's how to avoid becoming known as the creepy desperate guy who hits on everyone in class.

escaleraroyal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wow. i wish i can go back to school. so jealous. all those fresh n yummy possyes

JaegerPilot217

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
and this is where it gets annoying on how ambition and life direction is expected of men more than women

Cerwin Vega

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great tips. I would like to join the boat, since I'm going to the university next year. (21-22 years old)

apprenticedj

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Let me give a quick report since my first week is in the books.

Just as expected with regards to the diverse mix of students. Loads of different types of people, many much older than myself. I'm taking evening courses after work so it seems that most people are working during the day, doing the school thing at night. There are many 18-20 year olds in my classes. I overheard two young blond girls talking and I almost instantly wanted to hang myself!!! The most god awful "conversation"!

I wasn't very talkative during our first sessions as I was trying to get a feel for the place and actually listen to the professor but I'm seeing several nice targets. There is one chick (I would estimated 32 years old, HB7.5, nice tits, pretty face, SLIGHTY chunky) that I have in two classes and who is also a history major so I'm thinking this could be easy, she seems like fun.

But gentleman let me say this: THE EYE CANDY IS AMAZING!!!

I saw a few HB8.5, borderline HB9's. Youth and beauty personified, I hate to imagine the mental anguish they bestow on AFC orbiters.

Feeling very optimistic.

JaegerPilot217

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
apprenticedj said:
Let me give a quick report since my first week is in the books.

Just as expected with regards to the diverse mix of students. Loads of different types of people, many much older than myself. I'm taking evening courses after work so it seems that most people are working during the day, doing the school thing at night. There are many 18-20 year olds in my classes. I overheard two young blond girls talking and I almost instantly wanted to hang myself!!! The most god awful "conversation"!

I wasn't very talkative during our first sessions as I was trying to get a feel for the place and actually listen to the professor but I'm seeing several nice targets. There is one chick (I would estimated 32 years old, HB7.5, nice tits, pretty face, SLIGHTY chunky) that I have in two classes and who is also a history major so I'm thinking this could be easy, she seems like fun.

But gentleman let me say this: THE EYE CANDY IS AMAZING!!!

I saw a few HB8.5, borderline HB9's. Youth and beauty personified, I hate to imagine the mental anguish they bestow on AFC orbiters.

Feeling very optimistic.
Interesting, since it usually seems women get a college degree more often than men do and at the same time finish college faster

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Freshmen are the easy marks in the first week or two...pounce before they realize how things work