Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Just went to a meetup.com event. Need insight.

Nikar

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi all,

I went to a meetup.com event (which was about tv shows and movies) as I'm always curious what it's like.

Generally, the people were all friendly and nice.
More girls than guys which is good, but the type of girls (and guys there) seems to all fall into the AFC / goody-two-shoes type if you know what I mean.

The chicks there were.....ummm....mostly fat / plump ones, with their score on average about 4.5 - 6. There's only one whom I would give 7 / 10.
From what I know, most of the people there are single.

I wonder if anyone has joined meetup.com events before.

Specifically, I'm unsure if I should continue going for more of such events hoping that there might be a couple of hotter chicks some time.

I always don't understand where do people go and meet all these hot cute girls, because the ones in my life are mostly fat ones like described above.
I'm really not into the pub / club type of thing, though, and it's really unfortunate if pubs / clubs are the only places to meet HB7s and above.

Tks!
Nik

El Payaso

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd say keep going but go with an open mind and outcome independence mindset. That way you're not bummed out when you don't get any potential dates and you'll still be pleasantly surprised if you do.

mangotot

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I never been to one of these specifically but the bar I visit, they hold these language exchange meets. Its about 40% women which is not too bad but most at best are average looking. You don't get a hottie at these things. A hottie has already got people (men who want to bang her but probably wont) lined up to help her, be it to learn a language, job prospects or whatever she wants. She has already won the lottery.

Nikar

Don Juan
Reaction score
LOL tks guys, but the question begets: are pubs / clubs / bars the only place to meet hot chicks (HB 7.5 and above)?

Krueg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, all those people you saw were lonley, needy, desperate, afraid of being single... But, YOU a Don Juan; is a man! You go after and take what you want. You approach and introduce yourself to the woman that interests you!

Where to find these girls? Anywhere! You just gotta approach, make small talk and ask for the number. You know right then and there if she is interested.

skinnyguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I will be very blunt about meetup. It is for people with weak social skills That is why they need meetup.

The events I go to in the Bay area, pretty much all AFCs (lots of indian guys, surprise) and ugly girls. There is one hot girl who i am attracted to but she is getting attacked by a swarm of men at those events.

So you can go to meetup events but don't expect to see HB 9's. They are going out with their social circle which is hard to penetrate unless you're a top tier guy.

Another thing - you should not be approaching women at meetup events. You should be approaching MEN. I found some cool guy friends through it and now I actually have a better social circle around me. Some of them are AFCs, but others are not...adding more people to your friend list can't hurt.

Nikar

Don Juan
Reaction score
skinnyguy said:
The events I go to in the Bay area, pretty much all AFCs (lots of indian guys, surprise) and ugly girls. There is one hot girl who i am attracted to but she is getting attacked by a swarm of men at those events.
Actually, you're right. The meetup I went to, the guys are true AFCs from the way they behave LOL.
I'm not a DJ, but going to meetup events makes me feel like one due to the folks there :D

Any idea why a hot girl would attend meetup events? Maybe one of those hot chicks with personality issues etc.?

So you can go to meetup events but don't expect to see HB 9's. They are going out with their social circle which is hard to penetrate unless you're a top tier guy.
I would be happy if I can even see HB7s and above in those events, not to mention anything more. LOL

Another thing - you should not be approaching women at meetup events. You should be approaching MEN. I found some cool guy friends through it and now I actually have a better social circle around me. Some of them are AFCs, but others are not...adding more people to your friend list can't hurt.
Yeah making guy friends is not hard, but my goal now is to find a source that have at least decent looking girls.
Where can I try besides meetup.com? Tks!
I'm actually afraid of my friends finding out I went to meetup events, because like what you say, what normal human with social skills would go to one if they already have their own social circle? LOL
(well, for me, I'm trying out meetup events as a way to meet new girls)

Zarky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well OP, you went to a meetup group for people who sit around watching TV and movies. Of course they're all going to be chubby. Next time why don't you go to a yoga or jogging or swimming one or something?

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Did you at least have fun?

If you're going to attend a meetup event, make sure it's one that caters to something you like so you'll be able to have fun contributing to the conversation. If you're having fun, you won't debate on attending solely due to the quality of the women.

3agle 3yes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nikar said:
I'm really not into the pub / club type of thing, though, and it's really unfortunate if pubs / clubs are the only places to meet HB7s and above.
This actually makes no sense.

People don't go to bars/clubs because they like bars/clubs, they go there because they like PEOPLE.

Don't you like people?

If you did you'd know this.

Nikar

Don Juan
Reaction score
Tks guys!

@3agle 3yes : Actually, the main reason I don't go to pubs / bars / clubs is because I don't drink (alcohol) due to health-conscious reasons.
Of course you can take non-alcoholic drinks, but it just makes one look like a sissy which is why I rather avoid those places LOL

Partizan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Zarky said:
Well OP, you went to a meetup group for people who sit around watching TV and movies. Of course they're all going to be chubby. Next time why don't you go to a yoga or jogging or swimming one or something?
Exactly what I was about to say. Add hiking meetups to the list.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
3agle 3yes said:
People don't go to bars/clubs because they like bars/clubs, they go there because they like PEOPLE.

Don't you like people?
While I take your point, this is a little too sweeping a statement. Most of the people who frequent such places and become regulars are very attached to alcohol. While I did enjoy drinking when I was young, I no longer care for it. And when you get away from alcohol, it can become very difficult to put up with drunk people, because most of them act pretty stupid. Now if you like hanging around with a bunch of people acting stupid, that's great for you, but I don't care for it.

As for meetup.com, for whatever reason where I live people don't use this site. I've checked it out before, and I would have to drive an hour just to find a group I'm not even interested in.

Zarky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
remember that meetup is populated by people who are actually interested in the meetup topic. If you're not super interested in the actual topic of the meetup, you're probably not going to enjoy the group.

Most people, I hate to say, search for an interest first. And then, if they meet hot chicks who share that interest, it's a match. Not the other way around.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
where do people go and meet all these hot cute girls?

I'd say social circle first. Then college, especially in chick-centric subjects like social work and liberal arts.

Hot girls have an attitude about never having to chase men - men chase them. So you're not going to see them online dating or using meetup. When a hot girl is single, she has plenty of options on facebook alone. They love hooking up through facebook because there's no stigma. Real-life social circle is similar. A girl might know she's trolling for men, but she wants to have plausible deniability. Women shame each other over trying too hard to get a man, and women hate other hot women out of jealousy. The hot ones know that, and know that if they were ever obvious about looking for men, all the other women would gossip mercilessly behind their back.

ThisNThat

Banned
Reaction score
I will be very blunt about meetup. It is for people with weak social skills That is why they need meetup.
Wow, quite a d**chbag thing to say. There's thousands of people joining these sites every day and some have flourished nicely, made some great friends out of it as well.

Another thing - you should not be approaching women at meetup events.[/quote]

Really, genius? Why is this? I've known men and women to meet and marry through Meetup. Let's not make a sausage fest out of this. lol