Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

A clarification on natural vs enhanced

[S]alvatore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So there seems to be some people on this forum that are pretty misinformed on what is achievable as a natural lifter. This comes down to a few things:

1. Personal inexperience in the gym, which means you don't know what is attainable after 2,3,4,5,10 years of training.

2. The supplement industry claiming that x product gave x bodybuilder faster/more gains. Money.

3. Professional bodybuilder and physique competitors that claim "100% NATTY, GOD LIKE GENETICS". They need to say this, otherwise they will lose their sponserships with supplement companies. There are also legal repercussions in certain countries. The problem with this, is that all the newbies become misinformed and their perception is skewed.

Big
Lean
Natural

As a natural, you can only choose 2.

- Big & natural (but fat)
- Lean & natural (but small)
- Big & lean (hormonized)

A simple formula to calculate your maximum natural potential is: your height in centimetres minus 100. (In contest condition)

Using myself as an example:

170cm - 100 = 70kg at 5% bodyfat

That is as big as I can get without using AAS. It may be a little bit more, or it may be a little bit less, depending on your genetics.

Here is a good guide: http://i40.tinypic.com/2qlhfn7.jpg

Scale weight is not the only indicator. If someone has nice rounded, 3D delts, they either have or are currently using gear. If they have that photoshop look to them, they're on.

When a natural is lean, they look like sh1t without a pump. If they are big, they will look fat and bloated.

After 3-4 years of consistent training and proper nutrition, you will be lucky to gain 1-2lbs of muscle per year. After 10 years? Forget it.

Don't believe these pro's that claim they are so big because they've been training for 10, 15, 20 years, it's a bunch of B.S.

Strength development is a different story. It can keep progressing for decades, but it also slows down alot after those initial few years of training.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pretty much exactly true...made more progress on 8 weeks of test than I did in the previous year and a half in fat loss, strength and muscle gain.