Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What path of nutrition

Pave

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been reading a lot on bulking vs cutting. I'm 5'6 165 and just started hitting the gym. I'm assuming you need to bulk up a bit before you start cutting. I'm no were near skinny. Have a large frame and muscular legs due to my job. I'm a cart pusher for a grocery store and work 30 to 40 hours a week and burn a minimum of 800 calories by just walking.

Now this is where my question arises. I read that you need to have a surplus of calories to bulk up and build muscle. Since I work an active job I now need to eat even more or its fine to burn fat because I have a little belly. I've been eating healthy fruits and lots of protein yogurt eggs and milk. Do I need to eat a ton of calories? Or just watch what I eat and disregard my job and see it as me burning fat like a Cardio session? Anything will help. If you need further info let me know. Thanks.

Ronaldo7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you have a belly, you need to cut down, not bulk. What is your body fat percentage? Since you need to cut down, you would need a calorie deficit. That means burn more calories than you eat. What does your regular diet consist of? Do you drink? How often do you eat?

TheStig

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're a complete noob to the gym, it is possible to initially gain muscle and lose fat simultaneously for a period of time. I'd hit the gym hard for a solid couple months and decide where to go from there. Keep the diet clean, and don't have too low of a caloric intake. I'd eat at maintenance. Heavy compound movements, pullups, dips, and ab movements should be all you need right now.

Before you even think of going one way or another you need a solid foundation.

Once you taper off, then you can complicate things.

All of this is just advice, do whatever the FVCK! you wanna do. (hodgetwins reference)

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't pay any attention to bulking or cutting unless you are taking steroids. It's ridiculous to hear some natural dude talk about how they are "going to bulk" in the winter by piling on muscle from increasing calories. No they are not. They are piling on fat. In a perfect world, they could at most gain 2 lbs of muscle in a month and that's with eating, sleeping and training perfectly.

People have no understanding that people using steroids operate under totally different rule sets. That applies to training, eating, methodology, etc. Everything is different. You can gain 20-25 lbs of muscle in 12 weeks on a cycle. If you are lucky, you might be able to do that in a year naturally. Most people would need a year and a half to two years.

Instead of bulking and cutting people should follow the slow and steady route to their goal and save a lot of muscle loss from cutting and fat gain from bulking.