Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Some girl I want to date at Gamestop

666goobypls69

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi

I've never had a problem talking to women until recently. I went into a gamestop store to feel the nostalgic effect of entering a gamestop when I was young.

At the counter I saw this very cute girl with glasses.

I noticed that she was wearing baggy clothes unlike most typical gamestop employees, she appeared to be a bit self-conscious by the way she dressed but she seemed pretty to me.

Now, problem is when I went to talk to her I couldn't think of anything to talk about because my mind shut down due to nervousness so I was forced to play it cool and not really say much. I think it also doesn't help that there were other people in the store at the time.

I've come to this forum to ask for advice to get over this hurdle. How do I talk to her without freezing up again and get a conversation going?

No.Danny

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are countless threads on conversation and confidence. Please read those. Not hard to find. Or the DJ bible.

666goobypls69

Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess so, wasn't sure about how deep I wanted to dive into the PUA philosophy, but I guess there's no other way.

No.Danny

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
666goobypls69 said:
I guess so, wasn't sure about how deep I wanted to dive into the PUA philosophy, but I guess there's no other way.
We are not pick up artist with canned lines. This is a way of living. Don't confuse the two.

Zapp Brannigan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I know how overwhelming it can be to talk to cute girls. Try to make an effort to talk each time you come in the store, but don't go by there to often. Maybe start by saying "hi" as you walk in followed by a genuine smile. See how she reacts, and if she seems to like it, build on talking to her.

Gamestop pressures their employees to sale Game Informer subscriptions/preorders, and sometimes the girls working there can be deceptive. Had an experience with one last fall around the time GTA 5 came out. Try flirting when having a conversation that isn't about anything you can buy from the store, and if she seems interested then, ask her out. No matter what happens it's always better try than wonder.

Good luck with everything. Also, reading the DJ Bible is something everyone looking to improve should do. It teaches a good deal, and helps confidence immensely.

666goobypls69

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Zapp,

Thank you for the words of encouragement and the warnings. I'll make sure to steer the conversation away from store related subjects.

I'm going in tonight and gonna see how it goes.

BetterCallSaul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So how did it go?

666goobypls69

Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay, so I went to the gamestop store on the 10th, but she wasn't there. I went yesterday night and she was there!

Now, I've run into a problem.

It turns out that she is actually a huge gamer and I can't relate to her at all because I don't play video games as often as I used to. She's up to date with all of the latest games and I can't relate to her.

I walked into the store and I made eye contact with her and smiled as soon as I walked in. I said "hi" and she returned the smile and welcomed me, then I walked off to browse the games because I knew she would approach me with offers.

Sure enough she came up to me with an advertisement paper and gave it to me and asked me if I had any questions. This time I didn't freeze up but the conversation didn't take the direction I wanted it to because I asked her if she had played any cool games lately and she went off talking about a bunch of games I don't know anything about.

I was just nodding like a puppet listening to her talk about some game. She was so passionate about it, I wasn't sure I could steer the conversation to anything else, so I just thanked her for the help and left.

I have failed y'all.

defensiveend96

Don Juan
Reaction score
You didn't fail bruh. When you started this thread you didn't know how to talk to this girl and you were nervous to talk to her. Now you conquered your nervousness and you talked to her and you learned something. That's what this is all about.

Zapp Brannigan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
^^^Agreed completely. You didn't fail. You got the courage to talk to her, and things didn't go badly. You can always come back and try to steer the conversation away in the future. Maybe talk about some of the games you like and are familiar with to. But if you go back give it a week or two, that way you maintain mysteriousness.

cardalomim

Reaction score
Congrats.

now approach more women, one every day.

And talk of what your interested in (for example going out with her), stop following her and trying to talk about video games that you are not interested in.

Callmejoe

Don Juan
Reaction score
First, realize this is not the girl for you.

Second, realize she can help you learn, for when you meet the girls for you.

Practice, practice practice. Strike up conversations with anyone you see, cute, ugly, slim, fat, young, old. Maybe practice with grandmothers. Women in their 70's and 80's like to be flirted with as much as those who are 17 or 18. Say nice things to them, being ever so polite and respectful, and they will respond accordingly. Ask them questions about who they are and what they have lived through. They were your age once and they remember it. They will have a nice day, and you will too. There is no pressure on you, your entire point is to make them smile, not to get a date. Then, just start dropping the age.

For girls your age, ask them out. You don't have to <like> them, just ask out anyone you can tolerate. When you've had lunch, dinner, or coffee with a couple hundred women, you'll know how to spot the ones you like, more importantly the ones that like you, and you won't have a problem talking to strangers.

One technique I have used is to look for a girl sitting alone in a food court, then ask to sit at the same table, "I see you are alone, do you mind if I sit here too?" If you aren't revolting, she will let you, then you can start talking to her. Try to get her to do most of the talking.

adamwalkner

Banned
Reaction score
Hello all newbies, how are you all. I am Prince Charming. Nice to meet all of you. I am an Artist. I love to meet new people as well as making new friends. I like to watch new Hollywood Movies as well as Bollywood Movies and want to know about them as more as possible. I made a Website for this task and i want to share it with all of you. So if you really want to know my thinking about Some Girl i want to Date at Game stop, then i will tell you that oh ho ho ho. Who's that lucky one buddy, who is your Crush now. I want give you a Advice that give her True Love and do not Cheat her anytime even not think about it. So Congratulations again.

Eph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's good that she did all the talking. You want it that way. The more you know about her, the more connected she will feel. She only needs to know enough about you to feel comfortable around you. No more, no more. And you don't need to be up to date on all the latest games. Just tell her you don't play games as much as you used to, and you might be able to start a conversation on old games.