Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Some good vegetal mix to get complete proteins?

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So Im trying to introduce more vegetables in my diet since I cant eat meat twice a day every day, even eating fish 3 times a week is not enough.

I read about the aminoacid profile which is uncomplete in many vegetables like cereals and leguminosae.
In order to get a balanced protein profile it takes to mix both of those kinds for example pasta with beans.

Does any of you can provide more infos and recipes about this?

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eggs have a complete AA profile, they're not vegetables but why do you care? just add vegetables. I personally make an omelette of eggs, shrimps, spinach, broccoli and garlic, it's easy, quick and healthy.

Eternal_water

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not sure how you would get a complete AA profile from just vegetables.

Personally I like adding Lentils, they are packed full of protein. Not all 20 amino acids but a couple of eggs/some meat/some fish would fill in the essential AA's.

Chickpeas are pretty good for protein as well.

Why can't you eat much meat/fish? Is it a tolerance issue or money or something?

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eternal_water said:
I'm not sure how you would get a complete AA profile from just vegetables.

Personally I like adding Lentils, they are packed full of protein. Not all 20 amino acids but a couple of eggs/some meat/some fish would fill in the essential AA's.

Chickpeas are pretty good for protein as well.

Why can't you eat much meat/fish? Is it a tolerance issue or money or something?
I dont believe its healty to eat meat twice a day everyday, regarding fish its already in my diet but considering the mercury in tuna it gets hard to manage it in terms of time and preparation.
Salmon and cod helps anyway.

At least 3 solid meals a day means 21 meals weekly, if I manage to have at least 5 coming from vegs would be great.

Eggs I love them but again cant overdo with them either.

Also Im trying to rely less on protein powders, they are good and useful post workout but you cant substitute real food.

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oats have all the AAs except for 2 or 3 (you can easily google this), I make up for that by cooking them into porrage with milk instead of water (which also makes it taste better). I add blueberries, a little salt and when it's finished and in your plate you put some apple sauce to make it tastier (just get one with low sugar). It's cheap, easy and quick.

If you don't care about recipes and just want vegetables with protein then just google vegetables with complete amino acid profile.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most vegetables lack leucine with the exception of peas, which are high in leucine...sprouted brown rice protein mixed with pea protein gives an Amino Acid profile nearly identical to whey without any of the bloat

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thx for the hints guys, so till now pasta with beans and rice with peas?

What about porridge with milk for the breakfast?

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Who Dares Win said:
What about porridge with milk for the breakfast?
AF's how to make a good porrage:

* Pour milk (not d@mned water) into a pot
* Pour oats into the pot
* Pour blueberries (and whatever else you'd like) into the pot
+ Cook for several minutes
* Add some applesauce on top (or whatever you prefer) for the taste if you want to

Milk, oats and blueberries are all great for you and they combine well into a porrage.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
AttackFormation said:
AF's how to make a good porrage:

* Pour milk (not d@mned water) into a pot
* Pour oats into the pot
* Pour blueberries (and whatever else you'd like) into the pot
+ Cook for several minutes
* Add some applesauce on top (or whatever you prefer) for the taste if you want to

Milk, oats and blueberries are all great for you and they combine well into a porrage.
Unless its organic milk from grass fed pastured cows, milk is absolute crap...

Milk from sick cows has high levels of blood, pus and major inflammatory compounds in it...and the normal type of milk you get in a store ALL comes from sick cows...if you take in large amounts of inflammatory compounds, you become inflamed, its really pretty simple.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/04/15/inhumane-treatment-on-dairy-cows.aspx

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
marmel75 said:
Unless its organic milk from grass fed pastured cows, milk is absolute crap...

Milk from sick cows has high levels of blood, pus and major inflammatory compounds in it...and the normal type of milk you get in a store ALL comes from sick cows...if you take in large amounts of inflammatory compounds, you become inflamed, its really pretty simple.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/04/15/inhumane-treatment-on-dairy-cows.aspx
I should have elaborated: I live in Sweden, a country that in short is relatively hard on stuff like this. It's still not perfect (unless you buy ecological milk or as you guys say organic) but milk is a staple household food here which it doesn't seem to be there.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
AttackFormation said:
I should have elaborated: I live in Sweden, a country that in short is relatively hard on stuff like this. It's still not perfect (unless you buy ecological milk or as you guys say organic) but milk is a staple household food here which it doesn't seem to be there.
Gotcha...yeah in the US, the milk industry is an absolute embarrassment...force the cows to make 10 X the milk they should be making for monetary purposes and greed...health of the customers and cows be damned

MamieBrockman

Banned
Reaction score
Just for you! Copied from one of the other health forums. Hope it would help:

Morning: 1 slice of black bread covered with half teaspoon of sunflower-seed oil, one cup of coffee or tea with milk without sugar.

Lunch at 1 p.m.
One cup of meat or fish broth, slice of boiled meat or fish, 1 teaspoon of green peas, 1 slice of black bread.

Snack at 4 p.m.
1 glass of low-fat milk or a cup of tea with one teaspoon of honey.

Dinner at 7 p.m.
Choose one of the following options:
1 slice of boiled meat or fish
2 slices of low-fat ham
1 boiled egg
50 g of low-fat cottage cheese
1 glass of low-fat organic yogurt with 1 slice of black bread

Next 2 days are fruit and vegetable days:
Morning: 2 apples or an orange.
Lunch at 1 p.m.
Vegetable soup mixed with one teaspoon of vegetable oil, 1 slice of black bread, vegetable salad made of white cabbage, carrots and cucumbers.
Snack at 4 p.m.
1 fruit of your choice.
Dinner at 7p.m.
Salad made of white cabbage and cucumbers, 1 slice of black bread, 1 glass of tea with one teaspoon of honey.

Repeat this list again beginning from 2 hungry days for the next 14 days.