Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What are your guys thoughts on peanut butter?

Eternal_water

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When trying to gain muscle but not fat?

Bradd80 brought it up on the "10 foods for those who want to get ripped" thread
http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=223532

He mentioned putting it in his protein shakes and he has been losing pounds.

It just seems to be a move against ones self to eat something that is calorie dense and high in fat when also trying to maintain a low body fat %.

What are your experiences with the "2 tablespoons of peanut butter a day" trick when
a: Trying to lose fat/maintain low body fat %?
b: Gain muscle?

Starwolf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Although PB is one of my favorite foods...

losing weight while having PB in my diet is almost impossible.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Store made peanut butter is crap unless you are getting the organic brands that only contain peanuts, but its much cheaper just to make your own nut butters...

I like Raw almond nut butter personally...just take a bunch of raw almonds and a little olive oil and put it in a food processor and add olive oil until it gets to the texture you want...

You can do that with pretty much any nut, always make sure to get raw unsalted nuts, preferably organic...

And as far as adding fat, I can personally tell you that it aids you in losing weight because the body will not release stored fat until it has a steady supply of incoming fat, even if that fat is used for energy...its another way the body incorporates checks and balances to keep it where it wants to be...ie, if you have no money coming in you are going to much more careful with how you spend it, but if you have a steady income, you are much more likely to spend money even if it means you still are in the same place you started every month because you know it will be replaced...same with your body...fat is the body's currency...it will try and hold on to it at all costs because it believes at some point we are going to be faced with a famine and it will need to use the fat to live off of...

I used to drink olive oil(literally) and eat a whole homemade flaxseed granola 3 times a week in the morning(whole flax baked with raisins, cinnamon, and nutmeg) with apples, berries or pears thrown in once its done with some raw almonds and coconut milk...it was extremely high in calories, close to 2,000 with a lot of it being from fat, but I used to lose weight like crazy doing it...and it tasted awesome to boot

you can reduce the likelihood of this by maintaining optimum Vitamin D levels...for most this means somewhere between 8,000-10,000 IU per day...Your Vitamin D level is the signal your body looks for to determine whether this "famine" is beginning---the same way declining Vitamin D levels tells bears to hibernate and trees to shed their leaves---it signals the onset of winter and "tough times". For those of you with low Vitamin D levels, your body is in a constant state of hibernation and will try and store as much fat as possible, as well as only do enough to "get by" until "good times" return(ever wonder why injuries never seem to heal?)...Optimal Vitamin D levels make the body believe that abundant food is there(its summer---the sun is shining brightly) and it will be more willing to rid itself of fat as well as properly repair itself fully to get ready for hunting and gathering activities...it doesn't know its the year 2015 and we can get food anytime we want...it only knows based on the clues it has been programmed with thousands of years ago

The_flying_dutchman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My experience with peanut butter during a bulk phase was that, yes, it does help with putting on mass, but it's dirty bulking which means you accumulate a lot of fat along with muscle.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, good point, I was going to add that the cheap stuff has sugar mixed in it. "Natural" is the stuff that is just peanuts and salt. The oil separates when it sits; Smuckers is one brand.

Reaction score
Peanut butter is fairly nutritious. It has vitamins and minerals that your body needs. Just be careful in eating too much of it because it is still rich in fats and carbohydrates!