Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Need help with diet to lose weight

thunder_god

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm trying to lose weight so that I can get a six pack. I never achieved this feat before in my life. The best I ever got is a two pack. I'm at the point in my life where I'm sick of not achieving my fitness goals. I've tried to do this for several years now and never been successful. I moved out of my parents house so now I have control over what I eat, so I'd like to finally achieve this goal. So far, I've been cooking some days of the week, while other days I've succumbed to temptations and ended up buying junk food outside. So far they only healthy foods I really cook are, chicken breast, and salad. I also cook spaghetti, beef and broccoli stir fry and this week cooked noodles stroganoff for the first time. I'm getting tired of eating just these lol. I think I need some sort of a day to day diet plan that will last me for a week. I also don't like sweet stuff for breakfast but instead prefer protein. Does anyone have any good diet plans to lose weight?

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ditch the spaghetti and the noodles. Pasta is a processed carb.

Learn to cook dried beans, peas, and lentils. Rice is a little harder to get right when cooking - I like the boil-in-bag brown rice. You want a diet that is high in naturally occurring fiber. Raw vegetables are great. I like raw broccoli and carrots dipped in caesar dressing.

Try to cut out all sugar, wheat, and processed carbs. It sounds easier than it is. If you have to eat out and end up at a burger joint, throw away the bun, don't get fries, and drink water. If you do those three things, a triple cheeseburger is not that unhealthy, or at least not that fattening.

Fats are a lot better than carbs for weight loss, especially if they are healthy fats like olive oil, coconut oil, avocados, and farm eggs. You can lose a lot of fat with a diet that is primarily fat.

Paintballguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would also recommend to get an accurate number of calories that your body needs to maintain your current rate. http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/

That site will give you a quick and dirty amount of calories you need to consume to lose weight as well as total macros (amount of carbs, protein, fat).

thunder_god

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Paintballguy said:
I would also recommend to get an accurate number of calories that your body needs to maintain your current rate. http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/

That site will give you a quick and dirty amount of calories you need to consume to lose weight as well as total macros (amount of carbs, protein, fat).
I'm not sure what my current bf% is so I used 16%. My Total daily calorie needs are 2550 kcal to maintain my weight.

CARBS PROTEIN FAT FIBER CALORIES
GRAMS per day 271.7 151.2 52.9 36 - 45 2168
GRAMS per meal 90.6 50.4 17.6 12 - 15 723

That looks quite overwhelming. How do I now make a meal plan to incorporate this in?

Krueg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its simple... Eat Less, Eat cleaner foods, higher protein diet.

Do some cardio; Sled Dragging, Prowler, Walking, Jogging, Hill Sprints, Tread-Mill ect..

Weights: Lighter weight, higher reps, shorter rest periods.

My two cents! Good Luck.

thunder_god

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi said:
I'd like to see an outline of your daily food intake. List foods per each meal.

Ideally I like to eat 5-6 times a day.

I personally arrived at a point where I really didn't care about tasty foods, other than for fueling my body to look lean and muscular. Oatmeal, raw eggs, broccoli, grilled chicken, brown rice, almonds. These foods comprise the majority of my caloric intake and keep me looking lean and muscular. I swallow the eggs raw. I eat my oatmeal plain, without sugar, often in distilled water. Very simple and clean.
This is what I ate today:

ham and egg bun
lean ground turkey meatballs made with lean ground turkey, 1/2 cup oatmeal, onion, 2 eggs, salt and pepper
baked sweet potato fries made with just salt and a drizzle of olive oil
cantaloupe, honeydew, pineapple
pan seared chicken breast marinated in greek dressing

I stopped eating rice months ago. I did order seafood chow mein yesterday though, had a double whopper meal at bk and ordered some bavarian sausages with frites, and a thornberry cider at a pub when I was out with my buddy last night. That was my worst eating day this week. I suppose you can call it my cheating day.

I try to eat salad on a regular basis but I don't enjoy it and it seems more like a task or hassle more then anything when I eat salad. I usually have trouble finishing it all and some of it tends to get spoiled. I eat chicken breast probably about 4-5 x a week.

I occasionally eat oatmeal prepared with water and honey in the morning. I like to cook beef and broccoli stir fry as well using flank steak as its cheap and lean. I also noticed I stopped drinking pop in the last 2 or so weeks. I was drinking coke zero with zero calories. I suppose I was doing that because I was always sleepy and tired from having to get up early for classes.

I also eat a lot of pasta being on a student budget. I make spaghetti regularly with lean ground beef, I purchase one of those premade ragu pasta sauces, add in mushrooms and mix it all together and eat it with the spaghetti.

This mainly comprises my diet right now. I'm tweaking things as I go. Things that I can stick with I keep, things I have trouble eating consistently I get rid of. Usually when I'm out of food is when I tend to go eat crap. I also was eating chips and cookies a lot up until like a few days ago. I suppose that's gotta have to go. I find I get hungry a lot and tend to overeat which I can't help doing.