Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Dropping pounds.

Demonpenz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I decided to try to lose some of my weight last Tuesday September 24th. I have been walking and doing some intermittent fasting. What I have seen so far is increased energy and focus on what I am doing. I have given up that there is some other way to get a good body other than hard work and making it a focus in my life. I am also trying to get up and do some of this work as an inspiration for other people. I tried to look for a good weight loss blog to start, but all I can find is other peoples haha. If I was very lean there would be no doubt that I would respect myself more and that my game would be better.

Demonpenz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What I have noticed is that sometimes I need to play with my phone mid work out just to keep myself busy until my mood changes. Sometimes you can start a workout feeling good but feel crappy midway, sometimes you have to get yourself going, and sometimes you have to just say "If I am able to look good, I can inspire those poor nerds on Sosuave!" So I just keep going and try to do the best I can for other people and for myself.

Bizzle13

Don Juan
Reaction score
Try and find someone in a similar situation to be your workout buddy. You can help other and push each other massively. Helped me exponentially! The when you're mid-workout and feel ****ty you want just pack up and leave as you've got someone physically there pushing you. It even becomes a competition between the two of you and that gives a massive psychological boost. All the best

switch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi said:
In my opinion consistency is most important. If you maintain a healthy diet and work out 2-3 days in the gym or other exercise every week, you'll get results. You might have days that are mediocre, and that's fine. The point is to DO...not necessarily do your best...just do.
this

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Walking is better than nothing, but high intensity cardio will burn fat much faster. It also helps if you eat all of your carbs for the day within about six hours after the high-intensity workout.

Demonpenz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I would love to do High Intensity stuff, but my plan is to cut calories and to get as much walking and activity in. I have done high Intesity stuff in the past and I love quick results, but after putting in a crapload of hours of energy into fitness I have discovered that I personally can't put up with crazy soreness or fatigue. I have been there done that and know that if I can do slow stead progress it is more likely to prevent the real killer which is injury.

Demonpenz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have already seen results in a week and a half, pants fit better I feel like I am making progress. The real thing that motivates me is that I know I can write about it or show what I am doing and it may help someone else. Girls/Wet Holes/ social status, personal pride...all is nice. I am always getting motivated for being an inspiration for other people. I am sure that is very ego driven that I can have that influence, but it is getting me out to the gym and keeping me away from eating needlessly.

Demonpenz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
tuesday is week two of really making working out an importance in my life. People already seem to treat me different. I think you get tougher inside and that comes through on the outside.

Demonpenz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Woke up today at like 4 am to work out. It sucks, but needs to be done. I got fitted for a tux for a wedding and I worked out hard enough that atleast the tux fit well.

Driggs

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I am a huge fan of low carb, I recommend it in the strongest possible terms.

I've lost almost 40 pounds since August 1 and it was the easiest thing ever. I have done extreme low carb, most days under 10 grams.

Stort_Brød

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
haha extremely low carbs are the worst way to go about a sustainable fat loss as as soon as you reintroduce the carbs back into your everyday diet your body will not know what to do with them and if you aren't burning them off then BAM welcome to the fat stores being replenished. I have been consuming an average of 250-300gm of carbs per day and have lost 10kg in 8 weeks along with muscle gain.

without the carbs which are an energy source how do you expect to have the energy to get the most out of your workouts? weight loss isn't about doing it as fast as possible but as sustainable as possible.

Demonpenz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Got up at 5:40 AM and worked out harder than most of the time today. Committed to making my life revolve around health and fitness.

TheStig

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stort_Brød said:
haha extremely low carbs are the worst way to go about a sustainable fat loss as as soon as you reintroduce the carbs back into your everyday diet your body will not know what to do with them and if you aren't burning them off then BAM welcome to the fat stores being replenished. I have been consuming an average of 250-300gm of carbs per day and have lost 10kg in 8 weeks along with muscle gain.

without the carbs which are an energy source how do you expect to have the energy to get the most out of your workouts? weight loss isn't about doing it as fast as possible but as sustainable as possible.
Well said. If someone has even a moderately active lifestyle, then low/no carb is a terrible route to go. Carbs are an energy source, as you said. However, some people swear by paleo style diets and it works for them. To each their own, I guess.

But the one fact that remains true no matter which path you choose, is that you should have your sights set on the long term....none of this crash-diet-lose-10lbs-a-week bullsh1t.

Also, way to stick to it so far, Demonpenz

Demonpenz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I woke up today and my mind was playing tricks on me, it wasn't too rough to get to the gym though. I have been through the mind games before. I am experienced to know when the moment is that you just have to work through the voices that say "Go back to bed" "You can do this later" I know those voices because I did what they said for years. It got me a life that sucked LOL. So I pushed through that got to the gym and made sure to put in some effort. Once I got there I made sure to take a moment to reflect on what a big deal it is to work through "The voices" and get your work done. I know that every little inch counts in life and the more you put in the more you get out.

[S]alvatore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stort_Brød said:
haha extremely low carbs are the worst way to go about a sustainable fat loss as as soon as you reintroduce the carbs back into your everyday diet your body will not know what to do with them and if you aren't burning them off then BAM welcome to the fat stores being replenished.
Sorry, that's incorrect.

Please read this post: http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2080346&postcount=16

B

BeDJ

You don't want to go below 20g net carbs/day. I have increased strength and muscle mass by doing my variation of Keto and 5x5 SL.

25g --- Net Carbs
1:1 --- Protein:Weight
1:2 --- Fat:Weight

I agree that the food choices are repetitive, but I make meals that I love to eat. It's the same meal plan every week and I never got tired of it.

Hot wings
Steaks
Asparagus
Salmon
Roast beef

As with working out, Keto diet is all about dedication at the end of the day.

bradd80 said:
] eating extreme low carb is not only ineffective but it is also potentially very dangerous to your health
Can you link any source(s?)

[S]alvatore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bradd80 said:
I agree with stort brod eating extreme low carb is not only ineffective but it is also potentially very dangerous to your health, especially if it is under 10 grams of carbs for sustained periods of time.

Not true. Do you have a source for this? Ketoacidosis is dangerous for diabetics, but not ketosis alone for other healthy people.

On an extreme low carb diet, most of the weight you lose will be water weight that is no longer held by your body because it no longer has the carbohydrates in your body which are meant to retain it. And since the body is over 70% water, you can see how important water retention is.

Yes, you drop alot of water at the start of a low carb diet. For every gram of carbohydrate you consume, your body stores 2-3 grams of water along with it. Eliminate the carbs, your body drops water. Water retention is not important, staying hydrated is. Your body is smart though. Drink more water, you urinate more. Drink less water, and your body thinks that you are dehydrated so it retains water.

One of the reasons why the low carb Atkins fad diet was ultimately unsuccesful was two reasons: (1) the weight loss is very fast, but you put the weight back on just as quickly plus with interest and (2) it is rather difficult to maintain a very high protein, high fat, and low carb diet for prolonged periods of time due to lack of choice. There is only so much steak, chicken, bacon, eggs, and fish you can eat without getting bored.

You will only put the weight back on rapidly if you start eating over your maintenance, that goes with any diet. Once you start consuming carbohydrates again, some water weight will be gained back for reasons that I posted above.

I agree that a keto diet may be hard to maintain for some people, but again, it's the same with any diet. The BEST diet for a person is the one that they will stick to.

Secondly and even more importantly, the human brain and vital organs require a bare minimum of carbohydrates to operate effectively. Through his research, Dr. Atkins found that 20 grams of carbs per day were the minimum requirement for effective brain and organ functioning - and even this only for certain relatively short periods of time. On an extreme low carb diet you will lose weight very quickly, but chances are you will gain it all back plus interest, and at the cost of putting your brain and internal organs at extreme risk. As stort bord mentioned, on a very high protein, low carb diet you will feel very sluggish and tired since burning fat is not the optimal energy fuel preferred by the human body. Your workouts will suffer from lower weights, lower reps, shorter routines, and all round less effective workout sessions. Remember, the human muscle is only about 24% protein, much of the rest is water which requires carbohydrates to properly maintain.

When carbohydrates are absent from your diet, your body creates glucose as it needs it. Also when going low carb, ketones are produced by your body as the preferred fuel source (Once adapted to ketosis, your body still only uses ketones for about 75% of it's fuel). The sluggishness you describe is also known as "keto flu". This process can take anywhere from 7-21 days until your body has adjusted to using ketones for energy. Most people don't stick it out and say that they can't function without carbs. I would say if you still feel like sh1t after 21 days, keto is not for you.

A healthy, well balanced diet - although the weight loss will be slower - will always be the healthier, more effective choice.
Bold.

You seem to be mis-informed on alot about nutrition and training in general, you need to read up a bit on both. Not just for knowledge, but so you can apply it to your own nutrition and training.

switch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
all those articles are written by skinny/obese faggots who have never lifted a dumbell.
In a keto diet u shud b comsumin around 5lbs of meat per day + oil and veggies.
Has any1 of those faggot "experts" done that? No.
Have i done it? Yes
Who u gonna believe is up to you

[S]alvatore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, those are just articles, not clinical studies. NY Times? Daily Mail? A doctor from Mens Health? All credible sources no doubt.

Brad, start reading articles at bodyrecomposition.com, absolutely everything you need to know about nutrition is there.