Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Adrian Peterson Indicted For Disciplining His Son

U

user43770

Link.

I've been on the receiving end of a few switches. This is ridiculous if you ask me. You can't even discipline your kids without the government's approval.

I can only imagine the sh1t storm that's about to be stirred up.

U

user43770

Just what we need, the government to take away the ability of a father to discipline his son. We've already seen what happens when sons are left without a father figure (i.e. gangs). Let's just punish the fathers that actually stay in their children's lives - the fathers that care about their child's upbringing.

( . )( . )

Banned
Reaction score
It's another nail in the coffin and btw this goes a bit deeper than useful idiot sh!tlibs continually pushing to implement laws to make it illegal for parents to discipline their children coz cruel or whatever retard reasoning they come up with. The family unit is the last bastion against a nation totally and utterly dependent on big daddy alpha government. Hence why the hardcore leftoids have been doubling down on the Marxist "It takes a village to raise a child" meme like it's their job.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I was growing up, even the principal and teachers could hit you with the board, or a paddle, or a ruler, or a stick. Nobody died that I can recall. This is just another step in the process of making the father's role completely obsolete.

Honestly, I don't have much hope for things to recover, this society is already a lost cause and is circling the drain. It's only a matter of time before it all goes down in flames. What a damn shame.

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Am I in the twilight zone?

Have you guys actually seen the pictures?

I trained race horses for many many years, and I would never beat a horse with a whip the way AP did to his kid. In fact there are specific rules against hitting a horse and drawing blood like that, and if violated they lead to fines and suspensions. We are talking a 1000 pound animal here. And AP was doing this to a little 40 pound 4 year old kid? Really?

And on top of that, he stuffed leaves in the kids mouth before he did it? What kind of sick sadist is this guy? IF he took a switch and whipped a 30 year old woman or man like that and left those kinds of marks and bruises, he would be thrown in jail for 5 years. But because corporal punishment on your children was deemed acceptable for years and years, so long that it became an accepted tradition, it was ok to hit a person or whip them when it came your kids? But not an adult? That is sick. I mean, what kind of world is this where people are actually defending this guy?

He should be thrown out of the league for at least a year, serve 30 days in jail, and go to some anger management classes. Because this guy is NOT RIGHT in the head.

I am not against a quick pat on the butt or across the hand now and then, but this guy went way way too far. In fact in his text messages he even talked about how he is going to have to redo his punishment next time on the kid because the kid didn't "cry". So in other words he was going to make it worse.

U

user43770

cordoncordon said:
Am I in the twilight zone?

Have you guys actually seen the pictures?

I trained race horses for many many years, and I would never beat a horse with a whip the way AP did to his kid. In fact there are specific rules against hitting a horse and drawing blood like that, and if violated they lead to fines and suspensions. We are talking a 1000 pound animal here. And AP was doing this to a little 40 pound 4 year old kid? Really?

And on top of that, he stuffed leaves in the kids mouth before he did it? What kind of sick sadist is this guy? IF he took a switch and whipped a 30 year old woman or man like that and left those kinds of marks and bruises, he would be thrown in jail for 5 years. But because corporal punishment on your children was deemed acceptable for years and years, so long that it became an accepted tradition, it was ok to hit a person or whip them when it came your kids? But not an adult? That is sick. I mean, what kind of world is this where people are actually defending this guy?

He should be thrown out of the league for at least a year, serve 30 days in jail, and go to some anger management classes. Because this guy is NOT RIGHT in the head.

I am not against a quick pat on the butt or across the hand now and then, but this guy went way way too far. In fact in his text messages he even talked about how he is going to have to redo his punishment next time on the kid because the kid didn't "cry". So in other words he was going to make it worse.
I haven't seen any pictures. I also didn't read anything about leaves.

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
When I was growing up, even the principal and teachers could hit you with the board, or a paddle, or a ruler, or a stick. Nobody died that I can recall. This is just another step in the process of making the father's role completely obsolete.

Honestly, I don't have much hope for things to recover, this society is already a lost cause and is circling the drain. It's only a matter of time before it all goes down in flames. What a damn shame.

People keep saying something similar to this over and over. I mean, what do people think will happen to kids who are beaten? They end up as serial killers? Insane? Grow up and beat their kids? Well that last one I'm sure does happen. But I am sure you did turn out ok if those things happened to you. I'm sure the majority of children who are beaten turn out 'ok'. Just like the majority of kids who are not beaten while growing up turn out 'ok'. Some of you are acting like if you weren't beat as a kid, then you grew up and are now a societal misfit. That just isn't true.

But when you beat a kid, does that mean it's alright to draw blood? Cut the kid open? Bruise the kid? Lacerate him or her? Is that a morally correct thing to do as a member of the human race?

Would you do that to your dog? Your cat? Your mother? Your friend? All because they pushed a kid off of a bike? A 4 year old? You really thing that deserves getting open faced wounds on your body? Tell ya what, next time your gf or wife does something you don't like, and will not agree with you no matter how hard you reason with her, why don't you strip her naked, bend her over, fill her mouth full of leaves, and whip her endlessly until she bleeds from all the lacerations on her body. Then come back here on the MISC and tell us how you feel about doing that. From a jail cell, because that is where you will be.

Think of that. Whip an adult, who can defend his or her self, and you go to jail. Whip a defenseless 4 year old who can't defend jack? And many of you think that is A Ok.

U

user43770

cordoncordon said:
People keep saying something similar to this over and over. I mean, what do people think will happen to kids who are beaten? They end up as serial killers? Insane? Grow up and beat their kids? Well that last one I'm sure does happen. But I am sure you did turn out ok if those things happened to you. I'm sure the majority of children who are beaten turn out 'ok'. Just like the majority of kids who are not beaten while growing up turn out 'ok'. Some of you are acting like if you weren't beat as a kid, then you grew up and are now a societal misfit. That just isn't true.

But when you beat a kid, does that mean it's alright to draw blood? Cut the kid open? Bruise the kid? Lacerate him or her? Is that a morally correct thing to do as a member of the human race?

Would you do that to your dog? Your cat? Your mother? Your friend? All because they pushed a kid off of a bike? A 4 year old? You really thing that deserves getting open faced wounds on your body? Tell ya what, next time your gf or wife does something you don't like, and will not agree with you no matter how hard you reason with her, why don't you strip her naked, bend her over, fill her mouth full of leaves, and whip her endlessly until she bleeds from all the lacerations on her body. Then come back here on the MISC and tell us how you feel about doing that. From a jail cell, because that is where you will be.

Think of that. Whip an adult, who can defend his or her self, and you go to jail. Whip a defenseless 4 year old who can't defend jack? And many of you think that is A Ok.
I don't think any of this info was out yesterday. I didn't read anything about bleeding or leaves last night. All they were saying was that he used a switch.

With this new info coming to light, I seriously doubt any of us condone what Peterson did.

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's part of the problem. Idiots ruin it for everyone. There's nothing wrong, actually it's most likely beneficial, with reasonably spanking a child or manhandling your wife if and when the situation calls for it. But when idiots take it way too far, it gives libtards the ammo to paint all physical discipline with a broad brush. That doesn't justify liberals but still empowers them to act.

Tictac

Banned
Reaction score
There is way more to this than the original photographs.

No one here has seen the evidence. But if half what I've seen and read is accurate, this guy has a problem. And he (nor anyone else) ought treat children this way.

rascal99v

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It didn't seem to phase Adrian that much because he was smiling in his mug shot just like a publicity team photo.

TyTe`EyEz said:
You can't even discipline your kids without the government's approval.

I can only imagine the sh1t storm that's about to be stirred up.

TyTe`EyEz said:
Just what we need, the government to take away the ability of a father to discipline his son. We've already seen what happens when sons are left without a father figure (i.e. gangs). Let's just punish the fathers that actually stay in their children's lives - the fathers that care about their child's upbringing.

( . )( . ) said:
It's another nail in the coffin and btw this goes a bit deeper than useful idiot sh!tlibs continually pushing to implement laws to make it illegal for parents to discipline their children coz cruel or whatever retard reasoning they come up with. The family unit is the last bastion against a nation totally and utterly dependent on big daddy alpha government. Hence why the hardcore leftoids have been doubling down on the Marxist "It takes a village to raise a child" meme like it's their job.

zekko said:

Stagger Lee said:
That's part of the problem. Idiots ruin it for everyone. There's nothing wrong, actually it's most likely beneficial, with reasonably spanking a child or manhandling your wife if and when the situation calls for it. But when idiots take it way too far, it gives libtards the ammo to paint all physical discipline with a broad brush. That doesn't justify liberals but still empowers them to act.
:nono:

Here we go again, the same group of guys spouting off against the government, Liberals, feminists, without even knowing the facts in which they are proven wrong once again. It's a real shame to be that biased and so far to the right even before the facts come out. :yes:

This isn't Liberal or Conservative, it's about someone abusing a kid who should be punished for going too far.

I'm tired of biased misinformed people always attaching a label a like "Liberal" to everything or even "Conservative" when it isn't even the case. That's why the country is in such bad shape, everybody wants to attack each other instead of getting the laws right and getting stuff done. It's a never ending fight of who's wrong and who's right, which never gets anywhere because both sides are usually wrong. Start compromising and get sh1t working in the right direction. They did it in 1776 and they can do it now if they wanted to, but they don't, because of their special interest buddies on the left and right filling their pockets with money to keep the nonsense going.

I'm all for discipline with children and women, but when you are physically beating them with foreign objects, giving them scars on their body, maybe for life, then that is way out of line and the abuser should be severly punished for that.

There is no reason to beat a kid or a woman like that. This goes way beyond
discipline and nobody should be supporting that. How would you like to be beaten like that?

There is nothing wrong with a good spanking to keep a kid in line, but this goes well beyond what discipline should be.

I have a female friend who works with abused kids, and these kids ended up with broken bones, noses, burns, arms, legs, you name it because of an abusive parent. No kid should have to go through that type of punishment. Then you wonder why they grow up to have and hold so much anger in life because of it.

My dad had a friend who died at 44 because of his abusive father kept beating him and hitting him in the head all the time as a kid. All the trauma to the head gave him a stroke and he died.

He came from a strict conservative father who was mean drunk who beat him his mom, and his brother just for anything. He got pissed off that his son bought his own car, rebuilt the entire engine, and made it a show car. One day the dad drove the car to a remote location and killed himself inside the car. The mother who was hooked on pills to escape hung herself after she took too many with booze. What a terrible life those people had to go through because of abuse and "discipline" that some people condone.

A kid is a small person who shouldn't be beaten like that nor should a woman who can't defend herself.

Laws are in place because people abused them, as a result it diminishes what type of discipline can be used as a parent. Some laws go too far, but they say it starts out as something small and turns into something bigger. I disagree with some of the laws, but in this case it is just, and I'm not sure why anybody would condone this abuse.

I'll probably be called some lame names, but as usual, I don't even care. :yes:

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TyTe`EyEz said:
I don't think any of this info was out yesterday. I didn't read anything about bleeding or leaves last night. All they were saying was that he used a switch.

With this new info coming to light, I seriously doubt any of us condone what Peterson did.
Yeah, I didn't know anything about this yesterday. Having seen it, I agree that he went too far. That said, I'm with PairPlus, I'm not sure I find those pictures all that shocking. If you hit someone with a switch, you're probably going to leave a few marks.

Peaks&Valleys

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
Yeah, I didn't know anything about this yesterday. Having seen it, I agree that he went too far. That said, I'm with PairPlus, I'm not sure I find those pictures all that shocking. If you hit someone with a switch, you're probably going to leave a few marks.
Right, what the fvck is a switch supposed to do? Still, I don't know about this whole thing. Still on the fence about it. I have a son, and I've never had to go that far with him. And I can't see myself ever doing it. Different parenting styles? Probably. Is he in the wrong for doing that? Probably. Should he be punished for it, as in suspended a game because the league considers it child abuse? No.

rascall said:
That's why the country is in such bad shape, everybody wants to attack each other
All you do is attack people. Get off your high horse, and while you're at it, start consolidating your posts.

Maximus Rex

Banned
Reaction score
Tictac said:
this guy has a problem.
What problem is that?

Tictac said:
And he (nor anyone else) ought treat children this way.
Here's the issue, A.P. was probably disciplined in the same manner, as were his parents and his grandparents. I know because my granny, would tell me stories about she got whoopins with switches.

Now did I ever get a whoopin with a switch? No, just a belt, (maybe Granny felt that switches were too extreme,) however, I I seriously doubt that this a case of child abuse.

The problem is that we do live in an emasculated society where people can't discipline their children without fear of an overzealous prosecutor getting involved in their family affairs. The fact of the matter is that some kids need their ass beat. Just the other day, I was in Office Maxx when this little girl was having a temper tantrum, and quite frankly the little girl needed her ass whooped right there in the store. We as a society need to be able to distinguish between stern discipline and child abuse.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the kid supposedly did that he was being punished for? To get that kind of beating, I would hope it was something pretty terrible. Like I said, I do think Peterson went too far, I don't see why it would be necessary to punish a kid that severely. Whether or not that constitutes child abuse I'm not certain.

Oddly, the thing that bugs me the most about this is that he stuffed leaves in his mouth. To me, that sounds like it is going beyond mere punishment and shows an intent to humiliate the kid. It suggests that the guy is a little off balance. It sends up red flags. But hey, the guy plays for the Vikings, so it's no surprise if he's a scumbag :yes:

rascal99v said:
Here we go again, the same group of guys spouting off against the government, Liberals, feminists, without even knowing the facts in which they are proven wrong once again
Maybe so, but I would say that we have reason to be suspicious of the government, feminists, and liberals.

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've spanked my daughter a few times while she was growing up. But I can probably count them on two hands with fingers left over.

Spanking is almost always more about the parent establishing dominance than punishing a child. The only times I did it is when she deliberately disobeyed other punishments I doled out (extra chores, grounding, forbading usage of TV, computer, or phone). I don't thinking spanking or using a switch actually changes behavior much. If anything it probably would make a kid more violent in the future if used any more than sparingly. HOWEVER it does establish the parent as the leader and the child as the follower.

It's this type of thinking that so easily bleeds over (pun not intended) to actual child abuse. I don't know the specifics but those marks look like child abuse to me.

Fatal Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I been hit with switches a few times has child, your going to have welps. NFL been out to get Peterson ever since he said the nfl is like slavery. He said something along the lines that the owners are the masters.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Spanking with the open hand is one thing. It's a temporary sting but it can instill fear and discipline at a young age.

Using a switch or belt and leaving lacerations - I don't think that will teach a child much in the long run. Or it will teach the wrong things.

As far as government is concerned, there IS a line at which it must step in, and that's when a parent is deemed unfit. I'm as big an opponent of government meddling as you'll find, but if the welfare of a child is at stake, there needs to be limits. The government potentially punishing Peterson is the same idea as a father disciplining his son. In other words Adrian Peterson seems like the undisciplined one.