Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Why do people avoid eye contact?

Krassus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is it always low confidence, shyness, that kinda thing? I'd love to see a breakdown of different kinds of people and top reasons for them to avoid eye contact.

Helter Skelter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For me it's shyness, or sometimes if I look them in the eyes too long they'll think I'm Psycho.

The eyes are powerful stuff so if you know how to use them it will help you greatly.

ReD MaFiA

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
cause they know they can get jumped if they hold eye contact for too long...

Reaction score
Because I don't feel like looking at their f*cking faces.

Boricua_33015

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well it has something to do with instinct. All animals think eye contact is a signal that shows hostility.

Even some confident people look away when eye contact is made. Its like a reflex, when you make eye contact, its natural to look away. Looking into someones eyes sends a bunch of uncomfortable emotions to your head.

For me I would look away and not realize that I did. But I worked on it. For so many years its been natural for me to look away and now it has become habit to keep eye contact to show that I am a confident person.

Julius_Caesar

Don Juan
Reaction score
The funny thing is I just saw this happen in the most akward way! I just got back from hawii, and my family and I stayed at a high rise condo place. To get to our place you have to take the elevator. I was in it, and on the seventh floor we picked up and bunch of people, they did not know each other it seems. The amount of people was not enough pack the elevator, but to fill it nicely. Now, we start going down and I look around at the people, AND EVERYBODY WAS LOOKING AT A DIFFERENT SPOT in DEAD silence, trying to avoid other people's gaze. I myself was the only one who was actually looking up. So it went that way for awhile, and I just realized that everybody is afraid of something so much that we won't even look at other people. I mean it is not like if you do look at somebody that they are gonna lash out(most of the time Ded_Skin_Mask13). I don't know, I tried to hold eyecontact (no smile, to see if they would smile first) with a bunch girls in hawii, my own little boot campish thing, and found that I either got ignored, stares, or smiles, and none of those are so bad.

Big Pimpin'

Don Juan
Reaction score
Because two guys holding eye contact is gay and people dont care about strangers.

becker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree that for some reason, holding eye contact with total strangers is just a bit odd, because you are just stading there with nothing else to say and looking straight at each other. It is different if you say something.

I personally love eye contact with a girl I'm interested in, but any other time, I try it, but as fearless as I am of it, even I cave in sometimes.

Helter Skelter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I notice when I walk down the streets New York City people go out of their way to avoid looking at each other, even if you stare at them they won't look at you. Of course NYC is not the friendlest place in the world

BobbDobbs

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Eye contact is an invitation to interact. Since many people are not interested in interacting with strangers, they won't make the invitation.

Secondly, an invitation opens us up for rejection.

So shy people might avoid eye contact because they don't want to interact, or they fear being rejected.