Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Back on the Drink.

Rainman4707

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Had'nt drank Alcohol since July 2013.

Back then when I decided I'd stop, I can remember thinking "Yes Rainman, but what if you're having an evening candlelit meal on an ocean balcony in a exotic country with a girlfriend/wife....surely you're going to have to have at least a couple glasses of red wine...if you don't then she'll feel that you're boring/no fun.

I'm in a relationship now & I'm starting to think that if I go to our friends partys & don't drink she'll feel I'm no fun, so I think I'm going to get back on the drink.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The problem with this is that you are deciding whether or not to drink based on what other people will think of you, instead of what you want to do yourself. Worse yet, you are deciding what to do based on what a woman will think of you.

If a girl rejects you because you don't drink, wow is that a red flag.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This will kill ALL objections to NOT drinking, from within and without:

Alan Carr's Easy Way To Stop Drinking

It's pretty much one long mind fvck, and destroys any reason for drinking from all angles. Goes into much detail about how to deal with people trying to get you to drink with them.

I quit using that book YEARS ago, and now I don't care what people think or where I am, I look at a glass of alcohol like I'd look at a glass of moldy mayonnaise.

ZERO willpower required.

Rainman4707

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great posts guys :up: they give me something to consider.

I gave up because I drank to much :S I couldn't control it.

Die Hard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you couldn't control it then, what makes you think you can control it NOW? Don't do it...

Furthermore, to hell with any bytch that thinks you're no fun if you don't drink! People can be fun and have fun without aclohol, didn't you ever laugh your ass off or have an otherwise fun time with people around you (friends, family, colleagues, chicks) WITHOUT alcohol?!?!

Besides, being fun is attractive to women, but being a MAN and being STRONG is also attractive to women! Alcohol caused you trouble in the past so you quit, that was a very STRONG act, it shows willpower. Now what kind of man would you be if you gave up on that decision? You would be a WEAK man...

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Die Hard said:
Furthermore, to hell with any bytch that thinks you're no fun if you don't drink! People can be fun and have fun without aclohol, didn't you ever laugh your ass off or have an otherwise fun time with people around you (friends, family, colleagues, chicks) WITHOUT alcohol?!?!
People who drink a lot have a hard time remembering when they had a good time without it, because they are drunk all the time. So they begin associating the alcohol with the fun.

Most girls I've known have LOVED the fact that I don't drink, because that is such a refreshing change from most average guys, who do the pub crawl thing, or the weekend drunk thing.

I virtually never drink any more, not because I'm a former alchoholic (although I used to drink and party a lot), but because I've simply lost my desire for it. There are two stories in my life that helped lead to this, I've saved them for last because some might find them boring.

1) I was sitting in a living room with some buddies on a Sunday afternoon getting drunk in my mid twenties. It suddenly occurred to me that this was boring as fvck, and I had better things to do - work on my hobbies, exercise, pretty much anything. So I got up and left, and didn't look back.

2) When I went to college (a few years later) I worked full time. Between all that and studying, I had no time to do anything else, really. I found myself craving a nice cold beer. So I told myself when summer break comes, I was going to go out and have a nice drink. Funny thing is, when summer came, and I sat down to have a beer, I was surprised to find out that I didn't want it. So I left.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backseatjuan said:
Damn dudes, I drink everyday a beer, sometimes someone offers me vodka, I'm a damn alcoholic!??
Who said you were an alcoholic?

I used to get drunk regularly to the point of throwing up three times a week when I was in my early 20s. But I always knew I wasn't an alcoholic, I knew I didn't have the gene. I never felt that alcohol had any sort of permanent hold on me. And that was true, because once I got a little older, I lost all desire for it.

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with Taiyuu and Mauser. And zekko.

I recently "quit" drinking myself. I say that in quotes because I never had a problem per se with booze, but the older I get the more I hate what it does to me. I don't even really like the way I feel when buzzed; maybe it feels good for 30 minutes or so but that quickly gives way to feeling bloated, sluggish, tired, and sick.

For the last 3 years since grad school I've only had 1-3 beers at a time, maybe once or twice a month, but even that got to be abhorrent to me. The last straw was about a month ago when I had 2 light beers at home one night before bed. I slept like sh!t, woke up feeling queasy and with a headache, and didn't feel like myself for a good 3 hours that next morning. From 2 BEERS. And this wasn't a one-time anomaly; I've been noticing this every time I drink. I can hit some quality cannabis on the vaporizer and feel like a million bucks the next morning. Cup of coffee and I'm good to go.

So I finally had enough and said "Fvck it. Why am I continuing to drink? I don't NEED to drink for anything, and I don't even enjoy it when I do!! I enjoy myself more so when sober in social situations." It's easier for me too because my fiance doesn't drink at all, and we are rarely in social situations where there is pressure. But to be honest I don't give a fvck if there is pressure.

So it took a few years, but I finally just let alcohol go. Will I ever have a beer again? Probably, but only A singular beer on a special occasion.

Tictac

Banned
Reaction score
I enjoy a neat bourbon at a bar and a glass of wine (maybe two) over a good dinner - maybe twice a month and go weeks without any alcohol at all.

Every so often, I'll do the whiskey, wine and an after dinner Armagnac. When I do that, I definitely feel it the next day and wonder if it's worth it.

But that's about it.

Early Fall, I was with some friends. Sitting outside in the night air and over about 4 maybe 5 hours, two of us split a bottle of Angel's Envy. That was a huge mistake and I paid for it over the next two days. That's why it's about 10 years between bouts like that.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Colossus said:
maybe it feels good for 30 minutes or so but that quickly gives way to feeling bloated, sluggish, tired, and sick.
You've hit the nail on the head here, this is exactly the way I feel. There is a very small window, maybe 30 minutes to an hour, where I might feel euphoric from the alcohol. The rest of the time it just makes me feel sluggish.

Alcohol is kind of a dumb drug when you think about it, but it happens to be the one that is legal. It was fun when I was younger, but I can't say I get much out it now.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Die Hard said:
If you couldn't control it then, what makes you think you can control it NOW? Don't do it...

Besides, being fun is attractive to women, but being a MAN and being STRONG is also attractive to women! Alcohol caused you trouble in the past so you quit, that was a very STRONG act, it shows willpower. Now what kind of man would you be if you gave up on that decision? You would be a WEAK man...
^This.

Don't ruin the great progress you made in staying "clean" from alcohol because of some female. No puzzy is worth that. You have to take care of yourself first and foremost.

Darth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I never really saw drinking as a big deal. Keep it to a couple drinks a day, maybe more on special occasions, and you'll never run into trouble unless you're some kind of an alcoholic.

Cloudtopsun2100

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I was trending towards drinking too much.. cutting down the night game and making a rule to only drink with friends and never at home (not even a beer once a month) has cut my drinking to next to nothing.

amoka

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Darth said:
I never really saw drinking as a big deal. Keep it to a couple drinks a day, maybe more on special occasions, and you'll never run into trouble unless you're some kind of an alcoholic.
If drinking "a couple of drinks a day" doesn't make you an alcoholic, I don't know what will.

U

user43770

Espi said:
In my opinion nothing "makes" me an alcoholic unless I choose to label myself as one.

A few drinks a day and someone is an alcoholic??? Strongly disagree with that.
Agreed. Can you imagine something like that at an AA meeting?

"Hello, my name is Bob. I like to have a couple of drinks a day."

amoka

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi said:
In my opinion nothing "makes" me an alcoholic unless I choose to label myself as one.

A few drinks a day and someone is an alcoholic??? Strongly disagree with that.
That's alright but how many alcoholics do you know that "label" themselves as such? Very few. But that doesn't make them nonalcoholic. Personally someone who drinks "a couple of drinks a day" is an alcoholic in my book. Your assessment of that individual may of course differ from mine.

VikingKing

Banned
Reaction score
amoka said:
That's alright but how many alcoholics do you know that "label" themselves as such? Very few. But that doesn't make them nonalcoholic. Personally someone who drinks "a couple of drinks a day" is an alcoholic in my book. Your assessment of that individual may of course differ from mine.
When I start drinking, I need more and more. I sober up quickly so I can drink ALOT.

My binges I usually end up drinking a liter a day, for any where from 3 days to 7 days, until my body starts to reject it. Then I can sober up for a period of time, dont even want to drink.

I dont believe in all the aa/ na talk. Not at all.

Here is a good article on addiction. http://elitedaily.com/news/world/scientists-may-discovered-real-cause-addiction/915030/