Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Ice skating

Moroder

Don Juan
Reaction score
Went ice skating today with a friend and his kids, the first time in 25 years. I was no good at it as a kid and have been avoiding it ever since. Well, contrary to my fears, I only fell down once, and not even on my ass. Granted, I am slower than a granny or any 4yr old kid, but it was so nice to rediscover this stuff.
On the ice, I realized that this skating thing was a pretty good implementation of what I take to be the DJ mindset. Trying out new things, winging things, getting better by persisting, not caring what might happen etc. Plus, it was freaking cold and snowing like crazy all the time, winter wonderland so to speak, and I thought to myself what a great first date location this is gonna be once I can handle the skates. :)
Next thing coming up is indoor rock climbing, also a first. Man, once you get in the mood there's loads of things to discover. And all this is within 30mins of my place.

logicallefty

Reaction score
Good for you on the ice skating. I used to play hockey and teach ice skating lessons. Good stuff.

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wintertime Hockey is the ultimate nirvana for me. Nothing like cutting up a fresh sheet, scoring a few top cheese and a fast paced game to make you remember why we are alive.

Also a great first date. Keep it up.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I went through a long phase of life when I was frequently trying out new things and picking up new interests. That has never fully stopped, but the problem is I reached a point where I got spread too thin. You know what they say: "jack of all trades, master of none". '

There comes a point where you have to choose if you are going to have mastery over one or a few things or if you are going to dabble in many. Still, it's nice to have skills and knowledge in a wide range of areas.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Last year, I went ice skating with a girl I was dating. She was excited as hell that I agreed to go since her last BF was a big suck when it came to skating. I rented a set of skates and they were worn out so bad that they hurt my feet. I went and exchanged the skates and got a better pair, but I was not in great shape for the rest of the day because of how much pain the first pair induced. So I did the smart thing and bought myself a pair of skates. The next time we went, I skated like a pro.

I don't like hockey, but I like skating. Chicks love it too. They all seem kinda surprised that I know how.

Moroder

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for your replies and encouragement, guys. I will go back next week to get more practice. This is going to be a challenge because I am usually very slow with sensomotory stuff. It took me weeks to get the hang of the machines at the gym when I started working out. Once I've got it, it's OK, but those neurons seem to be phoning in on a land line.
The skating rink is definitely out of my comfort zone, and I have successfully avoided it for decades. But I want to get better just for the sake of skating with the kids. If I can land a date, even better.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What is it with girls and skating? Why do they like it so much?
It's a sport of sorts, so you'd think guys would like it, but it's more of a feminine sport. Not sure why?

And that goes for ice skating and roller skating.

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
It's a sport of sorts, so you'd think guys would like it, but it's more of a feminine sport. Not sure why?

And that goes for ice skating and roller skating.
Friend, there is nothing feminine about hockey.

Cloudtopsun2100

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ha, ya I live in Beijing and my gf was begging me to take her ice skating on an imperial lake, so I finally said yes..I thought Id be falling down all over the place as the last time I went was in like 1999 and the ice massacred me.. this time I didn't fall once and was speeding around as one of the fastest people on the lake.. which is weird.. must have been cause I used to rollerblade alot in the early 90s. Was fun and damn its good kino opportunities too when I was brushing ice off her leg after she fell over ha. Fun stuff, going to try to go ice skating a lot while the lake is still frozen!

Tortendieb

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
What the hell is wrong with the girls I meet?
They don't want to come ice skating, they're afraid of climbing, they step on my feet in dance class, really!!

Sometimes I'm at a loss at where to take a girl, when she has nothing going on except for work, "meeting friends", "watching movies". Maybe the zoo, oh man.

Moroder

Don Juan
Reaction score
Tortendieb said:
What the hell is wrong with the girls I meet?
Everything. You stick to skating, climbing and dancing, son. What a great way of weeding out the boring princesses. May they perish along with their TV series, iced macchiatos and polished nails while you find some real women.

backbeat

Don Juan
Reaction score
sounds like fun bro. girls love doin that skatin stuff n even roller skatin too. did me sum time with that an that was sum fun i had with a few girls that we was hangin n stuff. didnt fall on my @ss on the ice but did on the fu@kin roller skates man n that thinkin that is crazy that i didnt fall on my @ss on the ice lol.