Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Back Pain for two weeks now.. whats wrong?

Barbillus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok I have been having back pain for two weeks now and I have no idea why.

It started Sunday the 12th in the middle of my back to the left of my spine. It felt like a HUGE knot. And for almost 4 days I was on OTC painkillers to help the pain so I could sleep etc. I also developed a fever and cold symptoms during this time.

I went to my doctor, Thursday the 16th and had a whole bunch of tests done on me, urine, chest xray, blood test, and had ultra sound of my organs including kidney. NOTHING turned up and everything was normal. My doctor told me to just wait it out for a while and see what happens.

By the end of the week the pain had gradually improved from an 8/10 to a 2/10.

Ever since then and for the past week now I have had the pain at a 1/10 to 2/10. It is still there. Dull, throbbing pain.

It hurts sometime when I lie on it and when I do certain movements, and I cant go to the gym and lift either as that would greatly provoke the pain.

What is wrong!!!? Anyone had anything like this before?
Could this be a result of me going to the gym? 2 days before the pain onset I went to the gym and did my typical back workout routine. Is it possible for me to ahve pulled a muslce, pinched a nerve.. etc.? How long till this goes away? I want to go back to the gym..

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd be curious to know about my own back pain, as well. I believe it's "lower back pain", because every now and again I'll lay down to go to sleep (I sleep on my stomach) and my entire lower back region will hurt incessantly until it finally fades away. My hurting, I mean it actually takes a focused effort to not shift position; only by telling myself that it will be over soon am I able to keep from trying to turn over. Any thoughts?

MrFitness880

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i think my lower back pain might have been adjusting to the matress i have here as opposed to the one in the dorm. might something like that be involved in your situation?

i say - go somewhere and get a massage. that seems to help. assuming that isnt contrary to physician advice

MoveYourAss...

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to have lower back pain for YEARS, even some of these "shots" when you can't move anymore for several days. No doctor could help me.

I figured it was my abs beeing to short due to sitting, slouching, sleeping with legs pulled to the torso etc. and the chronic pain went away after just a few times stretching my abs for 2 minutes (long time is crucial).

Apply this hint entirely on your own risk, I am not a physician and its impossible to do a diagnosis per these posts anyway.

MoveYourA$$... and your brain will follow

il_duce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by diablo
I'd be curious to know about my own back pain, as well. I believe it's "lower back pain", because every now and again I'll lay down to go to sleep (I sleep on my stomach) and my entire lower back region will hurt incessantly until it finally fades away. My hurting, I mean it actually takes a focused effort to not shift position; only by telling myself that it will be over soon am I able to keep from trying to turn over. Any thoughts?
Sounds like a cramp to me

Epimanes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I find often lower back pain is directly related to constipation quite often. You might have a blockage of sorts... Yes you can still pass stool.. But not as good. If you take ibprophen or other anti inflamatories make sure to drink PLENTY of water... And to take some stool softeners becasue pain meds cause constipation also and may increase the pain even more so. (Pain killers harden your stool and that pushes on your sciatia nerves and can often stop the signal to empty bowels).

Ask me how I know...

Epi

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Chiropractor...if you are lifting you need to be seeing one at least every six months...stuff gets out of line after a while, the heavier the weights the more likely you need to visit them