Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Better Call Saul

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
probably the most overrated TV show I've ever seen in my life. It's just not good. I tried. I LOVE breaking bad. probably my fav tv series of all time. I wanted to like BCS. I really did. It's just not entertaining. I mean at the end of the day, it is entertainment. And I'm not entertained.

Basically they have a TV show and throw in some breaking bad references and people flock to it. They could have recreated sponge bob squarepants with breaking bad characters for BCS and it would have gotten high ratings.

I gave it a good 6 episodes. The last episode where I had to sit for an hour watching mike talk to his daughter.. for one ****ing hour lol... that was the last straw. I dont' care how powerful he acting was, it's one ****ing scene. ONE ****ing scene took one hour.

**** show

BetterCallSaul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I still have not yet seen the show, however I fully endorse Saul from the original BB.

SamTheHobit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I for one think better caul saul is fvcking awesome!!

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I admit, the tuco episode was pretty bad ass. but after that. meh. i'm not feeling the whole brother with the electromagnetic filed plot line

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I never did like fresh prance becuase people say I look like Carton banks in real life and i hate that

dasein

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Still liking it. Remember, no one got into Breaking Bad until after the first season. It kind of flew under the radar. They have the luxury of really setting this one up that they didn't with BB, that had to be a grabber from day one, and are taking their time. They could have started right in with a snap-cracking courtroom comedy/drama from the start, but are obviously taking setup time to show just how miserable Jimmy's life is before some miraculous transformation into "Saul Goodman" that will make for great contrast.

Have a hunch once that transformation into Saul Goodman occurs, we will be into the serious plotlines involving Tuco, Mike, maybe even Gus, others in BB fashion, and it won't be about old sad sack Jimmy and his troubles any more. The new troubles will be a high impact contrast to the lame Kimmelmans (that Julie Ann Emery is smoking hot even trying to frump her up) and calling bingo. You have to remember, while this part is going on, Gus is selling big meth or getting f-ed by the cartel, WW is teaching chemistry or getting f-ed by his business partners, Jesse is failing school, Hank is alive and well at the DEA... right there in the same town at the same time. We will see more of the vacuum cleaner guy, we will see more of Bill Burr, Hector Salamanca, Huell. They are just getting wound up. They can go many different ways with this, and I trust they will be good.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I love it. Episode seems like it goes by in 10 minutes.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I haven't seen it, but it's got pretty high ratings on IMDB, and for TV shows, I've found that to be pretty accurate.

I'll also echo the sentiment that some TV shows take a while to "get into."

For example, it took a me lot of effort to get through "The Killing" on Netflix, but after that I was pretty hooked.

BetterCallSaul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
I admit, the tuco episode was pretty bad ass. but after that. meh. i'm not feeling the whole brother with the electromagnetic filed plot line
I need a Huell equivalent here on SS. You feel like you could handle the job?? :)

dasein

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BTW, anyone else think Jimmy's brother (Michael McKean) is going to die or at least become permanently incapacitated next week?

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I dumped my gf for a while, but I had to take her back. I really missed her DVR.

I'm almost caught up. I'm liking the show a lot. It's interesting to note that Bob Odenkirk is also the producer, as well as the star. I'm seeing a lot less of the bluntly over the top symbolism that BB had, like the way that everything Hank and Marie owned was purple.

I like their take on the legal profession. It's not glamorous like a typical tv show about lawyers. Attorneys are, for the most part of course, overworked, miserable, sleazy, or a combination of the three.

They do need some better martial arts consultants if they are going to make it believable that old man Mike is such a badass. I noticed that they edited the throat strike to the parking garage guy down to a quick blur. A crotch kick would have been a more realistic badass old man move, but maybe that wouldn't make Mike seem as cool.

I did like the UV dye and black light to find the money. That was a good trick.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
fi haven't watched since around ep 5 should i keep going?

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just got to the part where Mike decides to turn to a life of crime to make money for his family. Sound like a familiar plot line? I think it will get more like Breaking Bad from here, at least with more focus on the criminal underworld.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Liked the first series, liked the character and the secondary ones.

Didnt get bored for a minute unlike 90% of tv series around, even the drama here is put in a way that not only is tolerable but also functional to the main storyline.

dasein

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The "Chicago Sunroof" story alone made the whole season worthwhile for me. What we have seen in the first season of BCS is the kind of buildup they would have done with BB had they had the luxury of time and money to do so. Imagine if we had a whole season or most of a season of WW in the chemistry lab, car wash, money troubles, before the big Heisenberg transformation. This buildup in BCS will make what follows all the more better.

dasein

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mike scamming Tuco into felony assault and robbery, pure genius and comedy gold. BCS is starting to heat up, and mark my words the Salamancas are coming.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Breaking Bad writers were big on car symbolism. The dorky drug dealer's Hummer was a little over the top obvious as symbolism, but still consistent with the car symbolism theme. Look at Mike's old car, and how it reflects him as a character. And Tuco at the Mexican restaurant, all he does is stare at his car, and then his pride in the car is his downfall. Jimmy trades his old Hyundai for a new luxury company car when he gets the new job. Everyone's car is an important part of their character.

I'm also seeing a lot of lighting symbolism, when they are showing Mike as the conflicted character, the good guy who does bad things for good reasons. One side of his face will be lit; the other will be dark. There are two sides to Mike Ehrmantrout.