Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is it possible to get taller?

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had just turned 16 one month ago and I am currently 5'10". I want to reach a height of at least 6'3" though. Is it possible to go through another major growth spurt again?

My arm span is 6'3" if that has anything to do with it and I take fish oil capsules too. I eat more than anyone I know. My dad was at most 6'0 but he isn't a good indicator because from age 15-26 he was severely starved (long depressing story). And my mom was probably around 5'6. Her mom was like 5'4 back when [South] Korea had terrible food shortages though. And I have a cousin who suddenly grew from like 5'11 to 6'6 in one year.

How are things looking for me? :nervous:

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I very much doubt it. If you're 178 cm at 16, that's very likely around the range you'll end up.

1) How old was your cousin when he had that one-year spurt? I'm wagering he was already tall for his age and he "blew up" when he entered puberty rather than growing 10+cm after he already had his growth spurt.

2) He might as well have been your brother and not your cousin - there's still the fact that kids can inherit completely different traits. I have three little brothers: one who is taller than me and lanky, one who is shorter (might yet grow though) and fat, and one who is similar to me but a little smaller.

3) You can't force yourself to grow taller AFAIK (unless you successfully inject growth hormone before you're an adult I guess? *shrug*). What determines how tall you are is pretty much genetics and whether or not you're malnourished during the growth spurts. If you're getting the nutrients you need, then your body is already operating "according to plan".

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well my cousin blew up when he was 19 or 20 actually. He's somewhat a druggy though so maybe that affects it?

I know sleep is the biggest thing but I wake up really early for practice in the morning. I try to sleep early but it's still ridiculous. My brother is now 5'10 at 14. It's just kind of a bummer to me because height in my sports is a big advantage while being tall in his sports have it at a disadvantage.

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ImTheDoubleGreatest! said:
I had just turned 16 one month ago and I am currently 5'10". I want to reach a height of at least 6'3" though. Is it possible to go through another major growth spurt again?

My arm span is 6'3" if that has anything to do with it and I take fish oil capsules too. I eat more than anyone I know. My dad was at most 6'0 but he isn't a good indicator because from age 15-26 he was severely starved (long depressing story). And my mom was probably around 5'6. Her mom was like 5'4 back when [South] Korea had terrible food shortages though. And I have a cousin who suddenly grew from like 5'11 to 6'6 in one year.

How are things looking for me? :nervous:
The only way to know for sure if you will keep growing is if your growth plates closed or not, and that's largely on genetics. You can't really test for that unless going to a doctor, but highly unlikely they even would test it unless you were freakishly tall or short.

DylanGemelli

Don Juan
Reaction score
you ever seen the movie "big?" Maybe if you find a zoltar machine then things could go your way? JUST KIDDING...

people hit growth spurts at different times and i have seen them into their early 20's etc. but genetics play a huge role. you can't "force" yourself to grow taller... of course there are procedures in Europe, etc. but you would find that to be of the most extreme nature, cost and pain wise and when I say pain wise, i mean significant abuse. Anything is possible but factoring in both parent heights, i would not count on 6'3"...