Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What do you think about this 3 days split?

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been trying many unconventional routines and found out that I got most results by working on a high volume in general, and train arms more than once a week.

MONDAY
(back+tri)
Chin ups 3x failure
Standing barbell rower(supinated) stoamch height 4x10
Pull downs 14-12-10-8
Standing barbell rower large grip nipple height 4x10

French press 3x10, then superset of presses with that same barbel
Triceps pushown cable 3x10

WEDNESDAY (legs and shoulders)
Dead lift 12-10-8-6
legs extension 12-10-8-6
legs curl 12-10-8-6
standing calves on machine to failure (will aim around 16-20)

Dumbbels overhead shoulder press 12-10-8-6
Dumbbels lateral raises 14-12-10-8
Dumbbels reverse flyes for back shoulder
Face pulls on cable 3x20

FRIDAY (chest+arms)
Bench press 12-10-8-6
Inclined dumbbels flies 3x10
Upper chest cable flies 4x10 (the only exercise I feel in my upper chest)
Push ups 1 to failure to exhaust pecs

preacher curl 12-10-8-6
triceps extensions cable 14-12-10-8
overhead cable curl 12-10-8-6
triceps pushown with ropes 12-10-8-6
standing dumbbel curls 3 to failure to exhaust biceps

Every training will begin with few minutes warmup cardio
abs and lower back are trained with compound exercise but planks, hyper extentions and crunches will be added if the stimulus wont be felt enough.

Feedbacks, suggestions?

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
boyfromaus said:
Why leg extensions? What about squats?
Squats are just an exercise and not a sacred grail, and he is already doing deadlifts on leg day - squats and deadlifts overlap with each other and he really shouldn't be adding in more things that tire his lower back if he wants to do non-supported rows that are also very taxing on that area.

Now for my feedback, most muscles are resting too long inbetween sessions. If you want to do high volume then do something like:

Day 1: X
Day 2: Y
Day 3: Z
Day 4: Rest
Day 5: Restart from day 1

My current split is 6 days a week and that's down from 7 only because I'll be starting martial arts now. Unless you are suffering from some debilitation, your body can take far more than 3 days a week of strength training not to mention it gets conditioned to your level of effort up to a point. And definitely add in regular ab work to your program, it's not enough to hit them with compounds ime and strong abs help safeguard your spine from injury.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
boyfromaus said:
Why leg extensions? What about squats?
As attack pointed out, I already hit legs and lower back with dead lifts on leg day, plus lower back and some legs are taxed on back day due to the standing rowers.

AttackFormation said:
Squats are just an exercise and not a sacred grail, and he is already doing deadlifts on leg day - squats and deadlifts overlap with each other and he really shouldn't be adding in more things that tire his lower back if he wants to do non-supported rows that are also very taxing on that area.

Now for my feedback, most muscles are resting too long inbetween sessions. If you want to do high volume then do something like:

Day 1: X
Day 2: Y
Day 3: Z
Day 4: Rest
Day 5: Restart from day 1

My current split is 6 days a week and that's down from 7 only because I'll be starting martial arts now. Unless you are suffering from some debilitation, your body can take far more than 3 days a week of strength training not to mention it gets conditioned to your level of effort up to a point. And definitely add in regular ab work to your program, it's not enough to hit them with compounds ime and strong abs help safeguard your spine from injury.
Yeah I considered something like that but first of all Im 30 not 20 which grants me much higher performances from 10yrs ago but it requires me more attention in terms of recover and injury prevention.

Also I would like to do other things rather than being at the gym almost every day, thats why I hit it hard those days (and globally in a week as you see triceps work all days, even wed with shoulders) but then get complete rest.

Any opinion about the exercises and the number of sets?

Krueg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I always say, do what works for you! If you dont know what works for you.. you better start learning and adapting.

Heres my personal opinion...

Monday: Squat (Legs/Abs)
Wednesday: Bench (Chest/Arms)
Friday: Deadlift (Back/abs)

If your into bodybuilding, you can split up your body parts however you want. Though I believe you should always incorporate basic compound movements.

If your into powerlifting, the big 3 will be your staples, then you move on to accessory work to compliment your competitive lifts

Or if you want to just get big & strong, combine powelifting & bodybuilding into one program..

Good Luck!

P.S. If you want your deadlift to go up, try squatting more and pulling less. ;)