Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is this 15 percent bodyfat?

Lostsoul85

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am about 5 ft 8 166 Bmi of around 25

Last edited:

Lostsoul85

Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah i tend to store fat in my stomach and face and love handles.Not too much in the glutes.If i didn't lift i would be skinny fat.The thing that bothers me however, is that alot of times i wear tight shirts and walk straight and notice that women don't look in my direction when i check them out and give me alot of smiling ios or approach signals.It's like i want them to look my way but either they are very sneaky and don't let me catch them or they just aren't interested.I am wondering if this is because if i have too much muscle for my height or if my bodyfat is slightly to high at 15 or whatever percent.I admit it is a problem looking for attention to see if women are checking me out (maybe narcissm) which is approval seeking.

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, that looks to be maybe not exactly but definitely around 15% body fat.

\\mattyice//

Don Juan
Reaction score
I would agree, your between 15-20% but I would say definitely not lower than 15%. You trying to bulk or cut? Coming from my experience as an ectomorph your best bet is to slow bulk, lift heavy, and then cut to where your satisfied. As an ectomorph I find it easy to cut weight but it takes a **** ton of work to put on quality mass without gaining too much fat.

Lostsoul85

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just trying to maintain and maybe recomp i don't want to put on any more fat.I wouldn't mind putting on more muscle but don't want to go through cut.bulk cycles so i just continue to eat at maintenance.

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No. You are around 18-20%. You would have more vascularity if you were at 15%.

IF you really want an opinion, post that on the MISC at bodybuilding.com. But be prepared to be roasted haha.

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just to add to this. Your arms and traps are a real weak point. It is giving kind of a square, boxy look with sticks coming out of your body. Don't get me wrong, it is better than most.

For your arms, do this. My arms grew an inch in a month from this, and I am wayyyyyy older than you. Either right before you go to bed or when you are done at the gym as your last exercise, get 2 15 pound dumbbells. First do 100 skullcrushers while laying down on the ground with each dumbbell. Then get right up, sit on your knees, and do 60 hammer curls. Take a one minute break, and do it again. And then one more time. So 3 sets of each. Trust me by the time you are done (should take about 10-15 minutes) your arms will be more pumped that you have ever felt them. And oh yeah, do that EVERY day for at least 1.5-2 months. :) Maybe take a Sunday off. After a month or two, cut it back do doing it about 3 times a week. Anymore than that and you risk injury. It really takes a toll on your arms.

For your traps? I would recommend this. Take a 20-30 pound dumbbell in each arm, and first to a forward raise so the dumbbell comes straight out in front of you. Then do the other arm. Then using both arms, do a lateral raise and remember to 'pour' at the top of the move so it looks like you are pointing your thumbs downwards. Do that twice a week.

Lostsoul85

Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting observation while my arms are about 14.5 inches and i can curl 40lb dumbells with each arm and do tricep pushdown with ALL of the weights on the rack(I actually have to add a 45 lb plate) my arms are still small..you are saying they look underdeveloped.I would say my triceps are one of my strongest areas and it makes up 2/3 of the ar.

Last edited:

thatfeel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anatomically speaking the tricep makes up 2/3 of any male's upper arm.. I don't know why numbers matter, if you want to look leaner just keep losing weight until you're where you want to be. You're fixating on something that has no bearing on anything.

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lostsoul85 said:
Interesting observation while my arms are about 14.5 inches and i can curl 40lb dumbells with each arm and do tricep pushdown with ALL of the weights on the rack(I actually have to add a 45 lb plate) my arms are still small..you are saying they look underdeveloped.I would say my triceps are one of my strongest areas and it makes up 2/3 of the arm..

Maybe it was the camera angle

Here is a better video of me flexing..

18-20 percent bodyfat?

I was thinking maybe 17 at the most

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOmz1wd4_QM
Well 14.5 is not small (mine are around 16 3/4) but they look kinda small because your chest and lats are bigger, so compared to those areas it makes your arms and traps look weak by comparison.

Honestly if I had to guess I would put you right around 18-19%.

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah that second video confirmed it. Arms and traps are super weak. You tube Nick Wright, he has traps just like you. Or lack of I should say. But he has giant arms so he looks really uneven.

Lostsoul85

Don Juan
Reaction score
you see i have no problems if its a builtfat 18 percent bodyfat. Some fat but descent amount of muscle underneath it.

Last edited:

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lostsoul85 said:
you see i have no problems if its a builtfat 18 percent bodyfat. Some fat but descent amount of muscle underneath it.

Regardless of the specific numbers
Would you say overalll i am a solidly built and muscular 15-20% or Skinnyfat 15-20%?

Be honest in your criticism.
Yes for your height, you are pretty solidly built. Just get those arms and traps bigger and you will be much more aesthetic.

Lostsoul85

Don Juan
Reaction score

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd say 15-17 or so...not under 15, not seeing any abs, usuallyb under 15 you will start seeing some abs

In2theGame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
cordoncordon said:
Just to add to this. Your arms and traps are a real weak point. It is giving kind of a square, boxy look with sticks coming out of your body. Don't get me wrong, it is better than most.

For your arms, do this. My arms grew an inch in a month from this, and I am wayyyyyy older than you. Either right before you go to bed or when you are done at the gym as your last exercise, get 2 15 pound dumbbells. First do 100 skullcrushers while laying down on the ground with each dumbbell. Then get right up, sit on your knees, and do 60 hammer curls. Take a one minute break, and do it again. And then one more time. So 3 sets of each. Trust me by the time you are done (should take about 10-15 minutes) your arms will be more pumped that you have ever felt them. And oh yeah, do that EVERY day for at least 1.5-2 months. :) Maybe take a Sunday off. After a month or two, cut it back do doing it about 3 times a week. Anymore than that and you risk injury. It really takes a toll on your arms.

For your traps? I would recommend this. Take a 20-30 pound dumbbell in each arm, and first to a forward raise so the dumbbell comes straight out in front of you. Then do the other arm. Then using both arms, do a lateral raise and remember to 'pour' at the top of the move so it looks like you are pointing your thumbs downwards. Do that twice a week.
I second this and also, He needs more delt/shoulder work. Arms definitely need work.