Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What Website Do You Buy Your Supplements From?

amazingswayze

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've made hitting the gym a habit as of late. I've been sticking to my regimen and noticing many psychological, physical, and social improvements. I'm dedicating the rest of my life to fitness.
Now here is my problem, I've been spending about $5 on protein shakes every time I go to the gym. They taste great and are packed with protein but they are not worth it whatsoever economically speaking. I want to buy some protein that will last me a while so I come to the gym prepared. I've used whey in the past as well as pre-workout, but I don't really need to use a pre-workout anymore.
I'm trying to lose belly fat this summer and boost my testosterone naturally. I'm still lifting but I'm also doing abs and cardio every time I go to the gym now. What do you guys think I should buy, and from which website? I'm looking for something cheap but still high-quality product and service. Any suggestions?

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Save your money at the gym, the only person benefitting is the owner at that price. There is no valid reason you need a protein shake instead of a whole food source such as egg whites or chicken. No study has ever shown a benefit of building more muscle taking shakes than eating whole food.

I do like shakes because they are convenient in a pinch and I can put a bunch of whole foods in like spinach, oatmeal, berries, etc and mix it all up.

Amazon, All StarHealth, Netrition, DPS Nutrition, Nutraplanet, Swanson Vitamins, etc...I usually Google what I am looking for then choose the place with the cheapest price,check out shipping costs, and see if there are any coupons or discount codes...I buy from the cheapest possible place, and if I am ordering more than one thing it's the place where the combined total is lowest...

Also if you are looking to lose weight I would stay away from whey as it tends to bloat a lot of people. Brown rice and pea protein combines have virtually the same Amino acid profile but are hypoallergenic and won't bloat you.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
The supplements I take are Opti-Men Multi, Green Tea Extract, Fish Oil, and Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard (Whey Protein). The benefits of Whey Protein are through the roof, you are usually going to bloat with Whey when you are taking too much of it or consuming too many proteins. Also you might experience bloating when you are consuming too much fiber like I had the experience of.

www.bodybuilding.com is the best place to get the supplements. Sign up for a good Credit Card like the Upromise Mastercard and get 10% cashback at BB.com on TOP OF other discounts BB.com is offering. I usually buy everything for the year in a stack during the after Thanksgiving sales because BB.com would usually have about 20% - 35% off everything in general, then combining the cashback from my card, I would get 30% - 45% off the standard pricing.

Also stay away from GNC for the most part. They literally would take the price of a 5lb ON Whey and bump it to $99.99 and say they are offering a sale for "$59.99" on it, when $59.99 is the standard price of the damn product everywhere else.

Ronaldo7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ISO-100

Excellent profile.

As Marmel has already stated, whole food is better.

Use a protein shake after your workout only. The other meals should consist of whole foods.

Egg whites, oatmeal, beef, brown rice, chicken breast, white rice, tilapia, salmon, and don't forget vegetables.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Young OG said:
Bodybuilding.com and Amazon.

I don't know if anyone mentioned it, but I would recommend taking creatine. It's helped me a lot. Optimum Nutrition is a great brand for protein and creatine.
Bodybuilding.com is great when they have sales on those items otherwise it usually is more expensive...

Creatine is good, I recommend getting MagnaPower as its bonded to magnesium, which really helps get it inside the cells since magnesium is used by every cell in the body, it carries it in with it...plus most people don't get anywhere near the magnesium they need so this at least will help a little bit

amazingswayze

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm taking these supplements:

Gold Standard Whey (Extreme Milk Chocolate)
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/whey.html
CLA by RSP Nutrition
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/rsp-nutrition/cla.html
Optimum Nutrition Glutamine
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/glut.html?searchterm=on glutamin

I drink whey protein shakes mixed with water post-workout. I take CLA 3x daily, breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I take glutamine 2x with breakfast and dinner. I also take a One-A-Day men's multivitamin at breakfast, as well as fish oil.
My next step is green tea extract. What do you guys recommend?

P.S. I'm cutting right now, so is creatine going to help me? I have no clue. Can someone explain the purpose of creatine?

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MR.LPC said:
Gold Standard Whey (Extreme Milk Chocolate)
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/whey.html
CLA by RSP Nutrition
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/rsp-nutrition/cla.html
Optimum Nutrition Glutamine
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/glut.html?searchterm=on glutamin

I drink whey protein shakes mixed with water post-workout. I take CLA 3x daily, breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I take glutamine 2x with breakfast and dinner. I also take a One-A-Day men's multivitamin at breakfast, as well as fish oil.
My next step is green tea extract. What do you guys recommend?

P.S. I'm cutting right now, so is creatine going to help me? I have no clue. Can someone explain the purpose of creatine?
Creatine will always help---its one of the most studied substances there is and has always shown improved results. Basically in simple terms, it gives your muscle cells more energy to utilize while working out and helps volumize them, allowing for about a 10% increase in strength and a few more reps. ATP(Adenosine TriPhosphate) is the energy that is used by the mitochondria(the powerhouse of the cells) when you do any type of "work". ATP is derived from creatine. So by increasing the stores of creatine in the muscle, you are increasing the amount of ATP available to the cell to get energy from. Creatine also pulls water along with itself inside the muscle cells, thereby volumizing the cell and increasing the amount of water in it. This increased amount of water leads to a stronger cell, meaning you can lift more weight. This isn't like steroid type strength, but it is a good 10% or so give or take a few percent depending on where you are at.

Pretty much everyone who works out should be taking this, as it helps provide energy for your muscle cells while working out and then tops off the creatine levels after you workout so you will have the maximum amount of ATP available when you lift again. Creating is NOT needed on days you don't workout. You can only store so much creatine in your cells, and taking excess of this amount will result in it simply being broken down into its waste product creatinine and excreted from the body. Once you have topped off your levels post workout, taking more creatine on an off day is simply going to lead to you pissing it out. Wait until after your next workout before taking it again.

Young OG

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
marmel75 said:
Creatine will always help---its one of the most studied substances there is and has always shown improved results. Basically in simple terms, it gives your muscle cells more energy to utilize while working out and helps volumize them, allowing for about a 10% increase in strength and a few more reps. ATP(Adenosine TriPhosphate) is the energy that is used by the mitochondria(the powerhouse of the cells) when you do any type of "work". ATP is derived from creatine. So by increasing the stores of creatine in the muscle, you are increasing the amount of ATP available to the cell to get energy from. Creatine also pulls water along with itself inside the muscle cells, thereby volumizing the cell and increasing the amount of water in it. This increased amount of water leads to a stronger cell, meaning you can lift more weight. This isn't like steroid type strength, but it is a good 10% or so give or take a few percent depending on where you are at.

Pretty much everyone who works out should be taking this, as it helps provide energy for your muscle cells while working out and then tops off the creatine levels after you workout so you will have the maximum amount of ATP available when you lift again. Creating is NOT needed on days you don't workout. You can only store so much creatine in your cells, and taking excess of this amount will result in it simply being broken down into its waste product creatinine and excreted from the body. Once you have topped off your levels post workout, taking more creatine on an off day is simply going to lead to you pissing it out. Wait until after your next workout before taking it again.
I take it everyday. I take it for 8 weeks then 4 weeks off. Some people say to do a loading phase the first week some dont. You will get tons of different opinions online about taking creatine. It does give me way bigger pumps, so I highly recommend it to everyone.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I bought from bodybuilding.com plenty of times but sometime the custom bothers with documents or with extra taxes so I relied on european retailers mostly.

Somebody suggested me myprotein.com which is based in uk so free market in europe, anyone tried it? do u know if its good?

JDJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bodybuilding.com has really cheap prices for alot of supplments

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
JDJ said:
Bodybuilding.com has really cheap prices for alot of supplments
Yeah it does but if the shipments dont come from the german facilities but straight from the us, any european buyer risks to pay a sh1tload of taxes on it.