Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Thoughts on Glutamine, 2 weeks so far

The_flying_dutchman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So I've been seeing promising stuff about glutamine on youtube so I decided to give it a shot.

Supposedly it helps you recover from soreness quicker. I haven't noticed any change in recovery time so far.

But what I have noticed is that it's making me less hungry. I normally eat like a king but ever since I started glutamine my appetite has been reduced by at least half.

This is actually listed as a known side effect of taking glutamine but in my opinion it's not an "adverse" side effect, I think it might actually be beneficial since it might help me cut down for summer.

The only adverse side effect I've experienced so far is nausea when i took a little bit too much it at one point. My best recommendation would be to take it in small multiple doses to avoid nausea.

I'm gonna give it at least 2 months before deciding whether to continue or discontinue use.

Anima

Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you talking about glutamine chondroitin? If so, I believe it's for joint health more than recovery; that's why I use it, anyway. My joints were giving out before my workout was over and it was crippling me. If you're interested in recovery, have you tried creatine? I've used creatine before some of my most intense workouts and I wake up the next day as if I never went to the gym.

The_flying_dutchman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You're referring to "glucosamine" and yes I take those too.

Anima

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ah. I don't know anything about glutamine, but I do heavily recommend creatine for recovery. If glutamine supresses your appetite, then I might have to give it a shot. I'm trying to get to 9% BF and it'd help me lose that hardest bit.

The_flying_dutchman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
DoctorCoops said:
Ah. I don't know anything about glutamine, but I do heavily recommend creatine for recovery. If glutamine supresses your appetite, then I might have to give it a shot. I'm trying to get to 9% BF and it'd help me lose that hardest bit.

I would recommend the powder form over the pill form.

The_flying_dutchman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi said:
Hey Dutchman I'm more curious about your motivation. Are you looking to lose weight?

I'm 50/50 on supplements. I'm not convinced they're needed. I personally believe that drinking a gallon of water and eating veggies daily helped me maintain an intense physical level of fitness while decreasing my calories.

Moreso about cutting... but on a cut, you still have to lift heavy to maintain the gainz....

I've been doing jump rope and sprinting intervals for cardio and lifting heavy.

I haven't noticed any quicker recovery from the glutamine, I've only noticed that it's curbing my appetite.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To me gluta makes my muscles more full, gives me more endurance in the gym and faster recovery between session.

I read that before bed on empty stomach increase GH but I avoid doing it since it makes me too vigilant, cant fall asleep, same effect of bcaa at night.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The_flying_dutchman said:
Moreso about cutting... but on a cut, you still have to lift heavy to maintain the gainz....

I've been doing jump rope and sprinting intervals for cardio and lifting heavy.

I haven't noticed any quicker recovery from the glutamine, I've only noticed that it's curbing my appetite.
Cutting and bulking are for people on steroids. If you aren't taking steroids there is no need to cut or bulk, there is only the need to go slow and steadily upwards in terms of weight/volume, etc.

Caloric/Carb cycling is also a great tool to help drop bodyfat while maintaining strength as wel...

The_flying_dutchman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I started taking glutamine at the beginning of june and we're now near the 1 month mark.

In my absolute honest opinion:

* I have noticed that my recovery time has sped up just a little, but honestly I've always adapted to workout fairly quickly so I'm not even sure if it's the glutamine or if it's just my physiology. For the sake of argument, even if it's the glutamine, it's really not even a big difference -- maybe a 1 day decrease in recovery time at best.

* It does a great job of suppressing my appetite. Particularly my evening cravings for junk food.

So I would say so far I'm quite pleased with the glutamine due to the fact that it prevents me from craving junk food. Since I'm on a cut, this is definitely something positive.