Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Can I lose weight without quitting fast food?

mantishugo

Reaction score
Hello guys,

My question may sound strange, but I don't want to quit fast food. I love chicken burger, pizza and potato wafers. Is there any way I can lose my weight without stopping eating them? I eat fast food once in a week and I don't think it is harmful... :)

Reaction score
mantishugo said:
Hello guys,

My question may sound strange, but I don't want to quit fast food. I love chicken burger, pizza and potato wafers. Is there any way I can lose my weight without stopping eating them? I eat fast food once in a week and I don't think it is harmful... :)
Like Obama says. "YES YOU CAN".

You can quit fast food and you can moderate fast food! You can put anything in your mouth that you choose to, or not...

My guess is if you have weight issues that once a week fast food is not the problem, it's that you are getting it several days a week.

Reaction score
u can get fat on "plain home food", too, ya know. it's mostly (but not all) a question of how many calories you take in, vs how many your body burns.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you are only eating fast food once a week, its not that day that's your problem, its the other 6 days.

Likely you are eating things you think are good for you but they aren't.

Krueg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Simple, eat less fast food. I believe in moderation.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
You can eat processed foods and fast foods, but try to LIMIT them to about 1 meal a week and let that meal be a very moderate size (not a buffet).

The way I have my eating plan, is that I have developed an 80/20 rule where 80% of the month I'm eating healthy sources such as my baked meats, veggies, fruits, nuts and whey protein shakes. The other 20% of the time represents the cheat meals that I do once a week, which is usually every 5 or 6 days.

So 30 days in a month, I will be eating my regular healthy meal sources 24 days out of the month and then 6 days of the month will feature my cheat meal.

This is a balanced eating plan for the long term. Never do a diet and never set goals to lose XYZ pounds by XYZ time. Instead, change your lifestyle and find a eating/exercise pattern that you can STICK TO FOR LIFE.

It does you absolutely no good (unless you are only training for a particular show date) to do everything right for 4 months, achieve your "goal" and then drop the hell back to the bad eating and exercise patterns.

cola

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can eat whatever you like and lose weight as long as your in a caloric deficit.

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For a long time, I was extremely skinny despite eating fastfood EVERYDAY!

I started counting my calories and turns out I was eating around 1400 calories a day :eek:

Also when I cut out fastfood and started eating more home prepared food (as well as packaged prepared food from local restaurants, cafes) fast food started tasting worse and worse for me. I can't say with certainty that I feeling a gigantic difference, the fast food does add up with all the ill effects.

Also I found cheaper alternatives to fastfood which are just as tasty for me.

The_flying_dutchman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bruh, I'm a fast food lover too. And yes, you can lose weight without giving up the fast food.

The trick is to just slightly cut back on the fast food. if you eat out 5 days a week, just cut back to 4 days a week.

Also, if you don't want to give up fast food then cardio is a MUST.

My preferred method is to do a combination of walking with push ups, sit up, flutter kicks. I usually walk 4 miles a day and everytime I approach an intersection I will do a set of 30 pushups, 30 situps, and 30 flutter kicks.

This is a killer workout and I would encourage you to give it a try. It burns major calories.