Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Workout log.. A second time round.

playa99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm starting a workout log (again.) cause I want to get back into decent shape for myself, my medium term aim's are to do events like tough mudder at least once a year. My long term aim is to do the fan dance race and get back into boxing again.

A background:

I used to be a fitness instructor back when I was 17, I was around 150lbs and could bench 220lbs, squat around 300lbs and dead about 340 lbs. I had a great level of general fitness and was around 12% bf.

I ate whatever I wanted and drank like a degenerate at the weekends. I then became a kick boxing coach, after a good year doing that i dislocated my knee sparring.

Dislocating my knee destroyed my mindset. Since then I have had little spurts at the gym but nothing major, over the years my weight has gone up to 185lbs and around 20-25% bf.

I've been back at the gym a couple of weeks doing some bits and bobs, generally speaking press-ups, pull ups, some running and high rep weights.

My only constraint is time, I work 60-70 hours a week, but I do know the clock is ticking and I want to make the most of being young and get back into shape.

I am going to do one rep max testing tonight on squats, pull-ups, deads and bench press.

I like body weight excercises and want to incorporate these into a plan which I can easily fit around work.

The only thing I have set in stone at present is a 1 mile jog every morning at 6am.

My diet at the minute consists of: Cereal for breakfast, Tuna & Rice for dinner, some form of snack around 4pm then my gf will cook me tea at about 8, usually meat & pasta or rice.

Any thoughts on a workout going forward would be much appreciated.

playa99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I went to the gym last night and maxed out on a few exercises:

DB Bench press: 42kgs x 3
Squats: 80kg x 4
Military grip pull ups: 16
Dips: 16

I went on a jog this morning roughly a mile, was able to sprint the last 200 which I've not done before, weight as of last night is still 185.

playa99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been regularly jogging this week a solid mile or so, not made it to the gym unfortunately, however I will be making it tomorrow. My legs feel a LOT stronger through jogging most mornings and I can notice some body fat coming off which is good.

playa99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i had a family birthday and had a pretty shoddy weekend in terms of diet and training.

I went to the gym on Monday night, was able to do 3k in 15 minutes on the treadmilll. I did a light 5 mins on the static bike.

I also did a circuit of:

Wide grip pull ups: 2 x 10, 1 x 8
Close grip pull ups: x 10

Jump squats: 2 sets below knee height, 1 above knee height
Front squats: 20kg Kettlebell 3 x 8
Kettlebell one arm swings: 3 x 20

playa99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
An update: I have been mad busy with work therefore not able to post much.

I have change my diet recently, I was finding that since being about 16 I have had EXCESSIVE sugar levels, and have felt faint a couple of times. I also wasnt having a lot of fruit/veg, contributing to having low levels of energy all of the time.

I have been playing football once a week as well as jogging most mornings for about 10-15 minutes. My overall fitness has got a lot better and I have also gone from 185 down to 179, which I am quite happy with for now.

My workouts have also improved. Yesterday I did:

Incline bench, 60kg 2 x 10, 70kg, 2 x 5.

Clean & Jerk/Squat superset:
C&J: 40kg 2 x 5, 1 x 3
Squat: 70kg 3 x 10.

Pressup/Pullup superset:
Press: 2 x 20, 1 x 14
Pull: 1 x 15, 1 x 9, 1 x 11

Tricep pulldown: 25kg 3 x 8
Curls: 18kgs 3 x 10.

I want to steadily make my way back down to the 160's again and stay there.

I know with my time constraints at present I am not going to be going to the gym 4 times a week, I just want to get to a decent level of fitness and maintain it for now, whilst still being healthy.

Thinking of buying a nutri bullet, anyone got any thoughts?

playa99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm back at it.. Been on and off the past few months,
still been playing footy every week, however my weight is the same and body fat is 20%. I want this to be down to the 12% mark.

I have decided to go for this workout for 8 weeks...
https://www.defrancostraining.com/westside-for-skinny-bastards-part1/

Monday I am doing upper body heavy which went like this...

Decline bench press:
Work up to 80kg x 5 no spot (easy). Easily could have done more on this, disappointed that I didn't.

Chest press machine:
80kg x 10
90kg x 6
85kg x 6
85kg x 7
50kg x 10 no rest

Seated rows:
50kg x 15
100kg x 10
90kg x 10

Face pulls:
18.75 kgx 20
21.75 kgx 12
21.75 kgx 12

Treadmill:
1.5 miles 1% incline 11:47

Abs machine:
45kg x 10
30kg x 14
40kg x 15

playa99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yesterday I did this..

1.5 mile cross trainer, level 8: 9:31

Step ups:
1 minute: 1 kg
2 minutes: 2 kg
1 minute rest

Foam roller on all muscles.

I am going to do tough mudder next year, so I desperately need to get in shape. The cardio kills me but it's a necessary evil to be able to do this.

playa99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My diet this week is ok I've been eating like this:

Breakfast: Porridge
10am: scrambled eggs with toast
2pm tuna with rice
5/6 pm: main meal, this week has been pizza and a burrito.

Diet is the grey area for me, I am cutting out sugary drinks and drinking more water. When I move in my own place this month I am going to get a nutribullet to get more fruit/veg in my diet as well! Maybe add a protein shake in there as well!

playa99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My diet is improving, but I haven't made it in the gym this week which is annoying, I did play footy though which is always a solid cardio workout. My knee has been niggling me the past week, but it seems to be a bit better now.

I have pretty much cut out sugary drinks like lucozade, I used to have 2/3 of these a day.

I'm keeping my diet like the above post and I seem to losing a bit of belly already! .

Have any of you guys used collagen supplements to help your joints? They have been recommended to me by a friend!

ill be back in to gym later today!