Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Leg Day - Front Squats

Cloudtopsun2100

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What exercises compliments front squats the best?

Used to do only back squats till I kinda tweaked a tendon in my knee. Its all better now but then I got interested in exercises that are less taxing on my knees and I found the front squat. Now my leg days are based on a concentration on back then front squats? I gotta clean the bar up for the front squats so the amount I front squat is limited to my clean max.

But, its amazing the burn I get from the back/front/clean workout though. What else can further enhance the workout?

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cloudtopsun2100 said:
What exercises compliments front squats the best?

Used to do only back squats till I kinda tweaked a tendon in my knee. Its all better now but then I got interested in exercises that are less taxing on my knees and I found the front squat. Now my leg days are based on a concentration on back then front squats? I gotta clean the bar up for the front squats so the amount I front squat is limited to my clean max.

But, its amazing the burn I get from the back/front/clean workout though. What else can further enhance the workout?
Immediately after finishing each set do 15-20 jump squats.

Then prepare not to be able to walk the next day.

Cloudtopsun2100

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi said:
Ha ha NOTHING in my opinion mixes well with squats--just more torture.

For the past year or so I've habitually started my workouts with front squats and pullups, 3-4 sets, little-to-no rest in between. I pyramid the weight up with each superset.

Front squats 135 x 15
Pullups bodyweight only 8-10 reps

rest only as needed

Front squats 165 x 12
Pullups 10 lb. plate stuck into my backpack 6-8 reps

rest only as much as needed (usually sweating now)

Front squats 185 x 10
Pullups 2-10 lb. plates inserted into my backpack 4-6 reps

rest only as much as needed

Front squats 225 x 8
Pullups 25 lb. plate inserted into my backpack 2-4 reps

By the time I complete 4 sets of these, I'm usually sweating profusely and breathing hard. I'll then usually repeat another superset involving shoulder movement with leg extensions.

Supersets can also be done on leg days. Squats followed by leg extensions or vice versa...
Thats a novel idea. I usually center my back days around pullups but I could go ahead and move pullups to leg day so I can do something extra while waiting between sets.

Cloudtopsun2100

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
yannick43 said:
I injured myself doing heavy squats, now i go for reps 100 pounds i go for 21 reps 4 sets.

When i was training in kyokushin karate we used to do so many bodyweight squats.

There are many varieties of squats you can try, i don't like the front squats its uncomfortable for me.

ya they feel a bit different. Have you tried those single leg bodyweight squats? they seem like a good workout