Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I'm only 5'6 and I want to bench more weight. Does my height affect how much i bench?

elro

Reaction score
I'm 5'6 and can lift 35 lb on each side but thats my max. Does my height have anything to do with me having a harder time to lift more weight?

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
elro said:
I'm 5'6 and can lift 35 lb on each side but thats my max. Does my height have anything to do with me having a harder time to lift more weight?

No your lack of strength has to do with you not lifting more.

SeymourCake

Banned
Reaction score
Height plays a role in weight, and your weight plays a role how much you can compound lift.

So yes, it does play a role, but it can be fixable.

Krueg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Numerous things can affect your bench press. Without seeing you bench or have any knowledge about you... Check your form, make your you are setting up correctly and using proper technique. This could instantly increase your bench. Or maybe your over-training. You could need to gain weight, it can be lots of things....

What are you currently doing for ur bench?

Pin

Reaction score
Being short (5'6) and thus having shorter arms actually gives you an advantage over taller people with longer arms in benching since your range of motion is much smaller.