Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Lets make a list of the crap we have to get rid of

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Im talking about unhealthy or even worse dangerous foods, anyone add what he knows and the reason if he can.

1)sodas, coke and carbonated sugar drinks

2)candy bars, sweets and processed crap you can get in machines

3)alchool

This 3 are the ones that come in my mind right now, the reasons are many from the high content of simple sugars which create the hormonal setting to get fat to the fact that they disturb healthy physiologics processes like protein syntesys and fat burning like alchool.

Lets list the foods that make us unhealthy and out of shape.

Eternal_water

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I drink alcohol If I'm on a night out (which I don't get as often as I'd like). Other than that I never have anything on that list.

dasein

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
IMO almost no food is bad in and of itself, all things in moderation. I'm not going through life eating gruel and counting every calorie.

But to add to your list of foods to cut way down, processed meats of any kind including hot dogs, sausage, any deli meats that aren't carved straight off an animal. Fatty cuts of meat such as brisket, bacon, ham, ground beef, ribeye very sparingly. Cheese, I love it but it's way too calorie dense for frequent consumption, move to lowfat greek yogurt where possible. White potatoes, very nutritious but also very starchy, get the nutrients elsewhere, move to sweet potatoes and eat those sparingly. Same for corn, great nutritional profile on the cob, too sugary/starchy though, move to beans and learn to love them, they are truly the magical fruit. Fruit juice, choose the fruit itself over juice. Choose low GI spike fruits like grapefruit over grapes, etc. Watch high salt foods whether you have high BP or not.

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Who Dares Win said:

3)alchool
I love all that stuff. In moderation.

No need to be a monk to live healthy.

Embers84

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Who are you guys to tell Americans what they can and can't do? Who are you to tell them what they can't eat? Sounds like "Big Conservative Government" to me, prying into the lives of Americans. Funny that all 3 of you right wingers would condone such a thing after you rant non stop against Liberals in mine and other threads.

Can you imagine if President Obama or a Liberal suggested this? Every right winger on radio and TV would be screaming bloody murder about "Big Liberal Government" taking away your freedoms and rights telling you what you can't eat. Blowhards like Limbaugh and Hannity would use some talking point about cheeseburgers to rile up the overweight burger eaters in the south. Then you sheep would listen to it and repeat it here and in your daily conversations. Such hypocrites you are. :crackup:

Even hot chicks will eat a burger or a slice of pizza every now and then.

Quit trying to take away people's freedoms with your conservative ideals.

Who Dares Win said:
Im talking about unhealthy or even worse dangerous foods, anyone add what he knows and the reason if he can.

3)alchool

This 3 are the ones that come in my mind right now, the reasons are many from the high content of simple sugars which create the hormonal setting to get fat to the fact that they disturb healthy physiologics processes like protein syntesys and fat burning like alchool.

Lets list the foods that make us unhealthy and out of shape.

Bible_Belt said:
Gluten would be nice to cut out altogether - bread, pasta, pizza crust, pretzels, anything breaded and fried.
dasein said:
IMO almost no food is bad in and of itself, all things in moderation. I'm not going through life eating gruel and counting every calorie.

But to add to your list of foods to cut way down, processed meats of any kind including hot dogs, sausage, any deli meats that aren't carved straight off an animal. Fatty cuts of meat such as brisket, bacon, ham, ground beef, ribeye very sparingly. Cheese, I love it but it's way too calorie dense for frequent consumption, move to lowfat greek yogurt where possible. White potatoes, very nutritious but also very starchy, get the nutrients elsewhere, move to sweet potatoes and eat those sparingly. Same for corn, great nutritional profile on the cob, too sugary/starchy though, move to beans and learn to love them, they are truly the magical fruit. Fruit juice, choose the fruit itself over juice. Choose low GI spike fruits like grapefruit over grapes, etc. Watch high salt foods whether you have high BP or not.

dasein

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Embers84 said:
Who are you guys to tell Americans what they can and can't do?
Just how stupid are you? No one in this thread is doing the above. This is a health & fitness forum, and OP is obviously talking about personal diet choices, not government policy. How on earth did that sail over your head?

Embers84 said:
Quit being an idiot.

Moroder

Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually, candy bars and booze are just the most visible layer of crap. You avoid them and think you're fine, but you're not. The problem, at least in America, is processed food. Read one or two of Michael Pollan's books about this. I started with "Cooked", which is a fascinating and scary read.
Shows you how nearly every foodstuff is pumped up with salt, sugar and fat. In the end, you buy heavily advertised "cheap" food that will probably make you fat, prone to strokes and loads of other ailments.
The solution is simple: Don't buy processed $hit, cook. Yes, cook. It is not just way more healthy, it is fun and rewarding. And, if you look at the gender stats of the world's leading cooks, a very manly thing as well. ;-)

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Embers84 said:
Who are you guys to tell Americans what they can and can't do? Who are you to tell them what they can't eat? Sounds like "Big Conservative Government" to me, prying into the lives of Americans. Funny that all 3 of you right wingers would condone such a thing after you rant non stop against Liberals in mine and other threads.

Can you imagine if President Obama or a Liberal suggested this? Every right winger on radio and TV would be screaming bloody murder about "Big Liberal Government" taking away your freedoms and rights telling you what you can't eat. Blowhards like Limbaugh and Hannity would use some talking point about cheeseburgers to rile up the overweight burger eaters in the south. Then you sheep would listen to it and repeat it here and in your daily conversations. Such hypocrites you are. :crackup:

Even hot chicks will eat a burger or a slice of pizza every now and then.

What the f*ck are you talking about?

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I love to eat, drink and smoke. I will never cut out any of them fully. I also believe people have to be able to make their own choices and have a little willpower if they want to look/feel well. So cutting out stuff does not interest me. You can do this on your own. There are specialty grocery stores everywhere.

Misinformation from the health nuts out there is just as stupid as the big companies. Any of you see that video where they dipped that burger in the acid (allegedly stomach acid) and claimed that it turned to tar or some sh*t? Give me a break.

Krueg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You know, I've always ate what I wanted, smoked and drinked for years... I'm not over-weight or have any major health problems... I think today's society is too into some fad about being "healthy" going "green" and whatever the fvck else people are buying into. I think just about anything is okay in Moderation