Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Nutritional Supplements??

Paintballguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The only supplements you need are:

1. Multi Vitamins
  2. Omega 3's
  3. BCAA's

The rest are just overhyped IMO. I do take a pre-workout with creatine that seems to give me a slight energy boost.

Blistex

Don Juan
Reaction score
Which producer of supplements do you recommend? I have been looking at Phytobec (my parents used their product in the past) or Centrum, both of which are available at my local pharmacies.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If I posted my list it would run a whole page, lol

And Bradd80...full fat milk is better than skim milk...the fat is there to prevent the milk sugar from sending your insulin soaring. Skim milk has no such fat and will send your insulin soaring, ie, shut off the body's ability to burn fat.

That being said, unless its organic milk, its crap loaded with antibiotics, hormones, blood, pus, and tons of inflammatory compounds from sick cows that help create inflammatory states in us. Raw milk would be even better if you can find it. I haven't drank milk in a long time tho...switched to Almond or Coconut Milk instead...

Paintballguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I avoid dairy products while cutting. Skim milk is fine, but I just don't like the taste.

Paintballguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bradd80 said:
Exactly. As for the taste, just do what I do throw the skim milk in a blender and add a banana, strawberries, a bit of peanut butter and yogurt, and there you have a perfect post workout shake to drive those nutrients right into those muscles. I can't stand whey protein with added sugar or artificial sweeteners like that sucralose crap, I grab the natural unadultered stuff from New Zealand and just add these tasty and healthy ingredients.

For guys who want to add weight and muscle, go ahead and throw in a bunch of ice cream and more peanut butter and there you have yourself some instant mass weight gainer.
Check out http://truenutrition.com. They sell plain whey protein among other things.

DanZy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bradd80 said:
Danzy,

You couldn't be more wrong. In one study, people who took 200 milligrams of raspberry ketones combined with 1,200 mg of vitamin C daily for 4 weeks lost more weight and body fat than a similar group that underwent the same diet and training but without the raspberry ketone supplement.

Ignore the scientific studies and the positive experiences of others at your own risk.
Cute, one flawed study that has been widely discredited by experts such as Layne Norton and Alan Aragon. The only person I've seen endorse the stuff is Dr Oz, don't make me explain to you why that's a bad thing. You aren't an expert and clearly don't understand how to read studies adequately, quit reading abstracts and actually look at the cold, hard data and methodology.

Yes, you cherry picked a few studies that supported your view; you can do so to support any standpoint, people do it to support homeopathic medicine all the time. Meta-analysis of ALL the studies on glutamine show it to be a waste of money on the whole.

Wait, I must ignore studies now? You're the one who won't stop banging on how you have studies to support your view...Have fun

DanZy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bradd80 said:
Ah yes you're quoting the same silly website that you used for the glutamine debate, before I posted hundreds of studies from Harvard Medical School and other prominent centers of medical and scientific research which proved you were wrong. Not only this, but in that last debate you even admitted that you didn't bother reading any of the articles!
I'm no expert, I can only analyse articles as well as you; by reading the abstracts and I'm not going to do that because it's ineffective. Thus I get my information from trusted experts, not by being an armchair scientist.
Here's what you said last time I posted scientific studies to counter the false information you get at internet websites:

Do you remember that? Because I certainly do. How much more valid and important scientific information are you now refusing to read?

And coincidentally, your internet website's "metanalysis of ALL the studies" didn't include any of the 150 + studies I linked to. But then again, I don't know why I continue to debate a 20 year old kid who gets all his information from an internet website and some guy who has absolutely zero medical and scientific credentials. And your's are?

But anyway, here we go again:

As long as you continue to live on the word of guys like Alan Aragon you will continue to regurgitate inaccurate information. Apparently you don't even realize that Alan Aragon is not a scientist and in fact, he does not have any scientific or medical credentials whatsoever. He's just another guy who blogs and writes about topics, sometimes erroneously as he himself has admitted. Another thing: when intermittent fasting first appeared he also said it was bs. But I myself have tried it and have obtained extraordinary results, as have some of my friends and hundreds of people who post on the IF threads at bodybuilding.com. Actors such as Hugh Jackman and Brad Pitt have gone on record stating that they have used IF And lots of anabolics in Jackman's case, additionally Pitt's physique has never been anything impressive. What kind of proof is this anyway? to obtain their most impressive movie role physiques. Above all, vast mounds of scientific studies are now coming out praising IF for its positive effects on health. And as long as you continue to receive your erroneous information from inaccurate sources like Alan Aragon and an internet website like examine.com, you will continue to propagate inaccurate information. The thing with Alan Aragon is, that at least he can admit when he is wrong (as he did with IF). But you, obviously, cannot. LOL:crackup:, this is fvcking hilarious. I like IF, not because there's any hard science behind it (there isn't and that's what Alan has pointed out, it's all conjecture) but because it makes cutting easier, plain and simple. Totally off-topic though

So moving on, you say there's only one study but the strange thing is that's not what I found:

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23601452
This link is broken, how handy. I found the study however (through examine no less), participants used a mixture that contained raspberry ketones, not in isolation. In that mixture, there were other known fat burners like capsaicin and caffeine. So known fat burners were more effective than placebo? Fvcking crazy. Proves nothing about raspberry ketones
^ In this 8 week study, 70 obese participants were given either a placebo or a supplement containing raspberry ketones, but both groups were placed under the same regimen of exercise and a calorie restricted diet. The participants given the raspberry ketone lost 7.8% of their fat mass, compared with the placebo group which lost only 2.8%.

So what this study shows is that taking raspberry ketones may not be a miracle cure for obesity and you can't just eat a bunch of fatty foods, then take some ketones and expect to lose weight. But what it does show is that when combined with a healthy diet and exercise, it leads to greater fat loss than diet and exercise alone. Which is exactly what its use is for.

Then there's

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20425690
This is an in-vitro study, and thus utterly useless for our purposes. Turmeric kills cancer cells in-vitro, it sure as hell doesn't kill cancer in humans; go figure.
which concluded that

"An immunoassay showed that RK increased both the expression and the secretion of adiponectin, an adipocytokine mainly expressed and secreted by adipose tissue. In addition, treatment with 10 µM of RK increased the fatty acid oxidation and suppressed lipid accumulation in 3T3-L1 adipocytes. These findings suggest that RK holds great promise as an herbal medicine since its biological activities alter the lipid metabolism in 3T3-L1 adipocytes."

In other words, when researchers took isolated fat cells and made them grow in a test tube, adding raspberry ketones to the mix had two effects:

1. It increased lipolysis (breakdown of fat), primarily by making the cells more sensitive to the effects of the fat burning hormone norepinephrine.

2. It made the fat cells release more of the hormone adiponectin, which is involved in regulating glucose levels and breaking down fat.

Thin people have much higher levels of adiponectin than people who are overweight and the levels of the hormone increase when people lose weight

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12611609

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18378021

These two studies are meaningless alongside an in-vitro trial. Find an actual human trial which shows significant increase in such compounds
So now I'm "cherrypicking" scientific studies to support a position? I guess this is what you call me posting studies performed at medical schools such as Harvard and Stanford to support my position, whereas you use internet websites such as examine.com to support yours.
Exactly, posting specific studies that have abstracts which support your bullsh1t claims. Find me one decent meta that comes close to any claims like this, I couldn't find one that supports your position. Single studies are useless, they need to be repeated.
So because I use information from widely-respected industry experts (and trust me, there's far more than Alan Aragon and Examine), whilst you cherry pick studies to support your position, I'm wrong? Again, find a meta-analysis broken down by experts who actually understand studies; you're not one.
What do you have against examine? Find me any other such resource that is as widely respected and utilised by experts, I beg of you.

This is a waste of both of our time and we're not going to agree.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
My Natural Supplements:

- ON Whey Gold Standard

- ON Opti-Men

- Vitamin World Omega 3 Fish Oil

- BB.com Green Tea Extract

- Psyllium Husks for additional Fiber