Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Post-Workout Ache

Gunner26

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I know that aching the day after working out is common, and that it is protein and rest that we need to help rebuild muscle so the muscles don't hurt. My problem lies with leg day. It doesn't matter how much protein or rest I get in, the few days after leg day always lead to me having to walk with a limp due to the ache. It takes me an age to go up or down stairs, and I can't do any sort of cardio exercise fully for about a week. I've purposely been doing leg day on my days off of work and going in the morning so that I can maximise the amount of protein I can get in the remainder of the day, but this doesn't seem to have made any difference.

Just wondering if anyone else has this problem, or if I'm doing something wrong during my workout or post-workout? The ache is predominantly in my quads, but also slightly in my hamstrings.

Any tips would be helpful.

My routine generally consists of:

4 sets of squats
3 sets of leg presses
3 sets of calf raises
3 sets of leg extensions
3 sets of leg curls

I complete all sets to around 7 reps.

Gunner

Çharismo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't really know what to tell you but your legs might be getting used to being worked. Have you tried stretching or warming up with lighter weight before you start working out just to get the blood flowing in!?

Paintballguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How's your warmup? I typically try to walk a few minutes on the treadmill before I squat or deadlift. Then, I typically do 10 reps with 135 to finish getting warmed up.

Also, I recommend looking into a high density foam roller. The help tremendously in breaking up knots and getting blood flowing through your muscles. I also get a deep tissue massage once a month.

SeymourCake

Banned
Reaction score
Get a foam roller.

Gunner26

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys.

My warm up for those asking is generally a few sets of squats at a comfortable weight. As I'm still fairly new to squats the warm-up sets are more to check my form is good. And it might still have something to do with the fact that I'm still fairly new to regular leg days. Before I was playing football 3 times a week and didn't really do leg days as it affected my performance when playing, now that I can't play football as much because of work I've started increasing the number of leg day workout's.

I will look into the foam roller. A couple of you guys have mentioned it so it must be helpful.

Bradd, I'm still very weak, especially my legs haha. One day I hope to get near the numbers that you are hitting now. I know I don't want to be overtraining my legs, but I don't feel that I am, as I don't have a spotter I'm not going as heavy as I could, plus for me it's a real effort to hit leg's hard. Takes some serious motivation for me to do them, fortunately I am very motivated at the moment haha.

For supplements I've really only got a whey protein weight gainer powder. I'm looking into getting some creatine as well when my protein runs out, which should be some time next week. Fruit and veg has been added to my diet a lot more as well and I am making sure to get through as much lean meat's and chicken as possible.

I'll see what I can do with working legs twice a week. At the moment however I am aiming for 5 gym days a week and hitting each area individually: Back, Chest, Legs, Shoulders and Arms. I haven't quite been able to get 5 days in a week yet. Normally I average about 4 sessions a week.

And I know it's a crime but at the moment I am not deadlifting. I don't feel confident enough with it yet, and my form sucks. It doesn't help that the gym I go to doesn't have a dedicated area for that sort of stuff either, basically only has a couple of floor tiles. I would ask the personal trainers for some help, but I get the distinct impression that they don't dead lift either. I am looking to upgrade gyms, but at the moment it's just too damn expensive.

Gunner

DanZy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bradd80 said:
Here are some of the foods and supplements I use which helps me lift weight like crazy, almost as if I was on steroids:

- and last but not least the secret ingredients for muscle soreness: tart cherry juice, watermelon, peach, blackberries (as well as the others like blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries) --> scientifically proven to reduce inflammation and muscle soreness don't make me start posting studies
- some other favorite super foods include avocado, mango, guava (but eat the fruit instead of the juice - the juices are just loaded with sugar and carbs)

It'll take a little while for these nutrients, vitamins, and minerals to kick in but once they do it'll be like you're on steroids, but it'll be all natural.

. Also, do more sets of squats on leg day #1 it'll naturally produce more HGH (human growth hormone) and testosterone, leading to greater anabolic gains.
So much broscience. Want steroid-like gains? Only steroids will do that for you.

Please do post double-blind, controlled studies that actually prove any claims that fruit juice will eliminate DOMS. I found exactly one that required participants to consume 14 bottles of juice per week, hardly worth the money or extra calories. Fruit's great (to an extent, tons of fructose isn't going to help you though) but it certainly does not help enough to warrant it's usage at such high amounts.

The effects on HGH and test are so minor that the effects are negligible if any. To get any decent results from those compounds, you require supraphysiological doses. How do you get these? Anabolics.