Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How To Lose Fat For Newbies

Tuppy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I lost 16.0 pounds in the last 2 months and did no cardio what so ever, lost no muscle or strength.

How to burn fat? - (its easier than what a lot of the other guides on this site claim.)
If you do what I tell you I promise you’ll lose 1% bodyfat per week.

Burn Fat: EAT LESS CALORIES THAN YOU NEED
Calories are units of energy. If you eat less calories than you need, this is called a calorie deficit. When you are in a calorie deficit your body is forced to 'burn fat into energy'. You will probably be feeling lightheaded during the first week - your body needs to adjust. But how do I know how many calories I need? Easy:

Body weight (in pounds) X 15 = The amount of calories your body needs to maintain its current weight (maintenance calories)
Eg 200pound x 15 = 3000 calories per day to stay at same weight.

To lose fat: Maintenance Calories - (Maintenance Calories x 0.20)
EG 3000 - (3000 x 0.20)
3000 - 600 = 2400 calories per day to lose fat.
This is a 20% calorie deficit (which is why we times by 0.20). 20% is a good deficit because it’s big enough to see results (3500 calories in one pound of fat, 3500 / 600 = 5.83 days theoretically to lose 1 pound of fat). It’s also a number that isn’t too big to the point where your body will break muscle down for energy. 20% is good ;)
Write down a meal plan with the exact calories every meal has throughout the day. Its easy if you eat the same meals every day for two months (I did it, a lot of other people do it) but understandably some people might find it boring. Its only two months for a new body, I’m sure you’ll manage. Otherwise cook new meals every day but just know that starting over again counting calories for new foods etc is very annoying and tedious (unless you have a calorie counting app on your phone).
Possible Meal Plan:
Meal 1:
1 cup almond milk 85 calories
¾ cup rolled oats 342 calories
1 green apple 52 calories
3 hardboiled eggs on the side 208 calories.
etc
That’s really all you need to know, I could stop writing right now and you’d be fully equipped to just watch the fat drop off. Eat less calories than you need.

Additional info:
Things to avoid if you want to lose fat:

Avoid cardio: yes cardio will help A LITTLE (maybe put you in a calorie deficit of about 400 at about 30mins jog) but my main point here is that it’s better to avoid it because most newbies tend to overdo and loath it after the first week and drop their diet, give up and ruin their chances of losing fat. IT IS NOT NECESSARY OR ESSENTIAL AT ALL! (good for your heart though)

Avoid simple carbs (ie soft drinks, mass gainer, white rice/bread, most pasta and grains, sugary ****): Simple carbohydrates are 'aggressive' calories that contain a lot of glucose that will enter your bloodstream quickly. Large amounts of glucose in the bloodstream is toxic to the human body so our body needs to get rid of it. The body removes excess glucose from the body by releasing a hormone called insulin. Insulin stores glucose (what carbs are broken down into) in the liver and muscle cells. When you eat simple carbs the body runs out of places to store glucose so human growth hormone is released to build adipose fat tissue to store the excess glucose. Insulin release also inhibits the release of glucagon hormone which is a fat burning hormone.
TL;DR: Simple carbs are bad because insulin comes out to play, insulin bad because it creates more fat and stops our bodies ability to burn fat.

Avoid trying to increase your resistance weights: If you’re lifting at the gym keep doing it and stay on the same weights you were on when you started losing fat. Don’t try to increase your weights, you’re only lifting to put strenuous heavy activity on your muscles so they don’t wither away and die.

Avoid milk: A lot of unnecessary sugar and calories, drink skim or almond milk instead.

Avoid large amounts of salt: Salt increases water weight -> water weight gives appearance of looking fatter.

Avoid excuses: excuses are for losers and the weak

Things you want when losing fat:

Complex carbs (brown rice, wholemeal bread, rolled oats, : They’re broken down slowly and will not cause exaggerated insulin spikes.
Lean Protein sources and good fats (Canned/fresh tuna, chicken breast, eggs and for fats either flaxseed or coconut oil): Protein and fats keep you satiated (feeling full) a lot better than carbs. Your diet should look something like 40/30/30 protein/carbs/fats.
Greentea/Coffee (black): They raise your metabolism and have thermo genic effects – “Fat burners”.

Look into intermittent fasting: at Leangains.com: It’s faster than this method but does require 16 hours fasting with 8 hour feeding window…pretty impractical for a lot of you I imagine.

Take Zinc pills every morning (helps spare you muscle) and Vitamin C before bed (Zinc flushes out Vit C and Vit C also helps with L-Glutamine

Drink Alot of water: Your urine should always be clear.

Weigh yourself every morning at the same time on empty stomach and empty bowels etc. Record this on an excel spreadsheet.
Cook all your own food and know exactly what calories are going in your body. Always be eating less and watch the fat drop off. For the record, I was still going out and drinking at least once a week and still having one meal a week where I’d eat whatever I wanted.

SeymourCake

Banned
Reaction score
I would not say avoid cardio. Just do HIIT.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would add that while insulin is the most anabolic hormone by far---4 times more anabolic than testosterone---it is indiscriminately anabolic, meaning it will shuttle glucose into muscle and fat at the same rate...

One of testosterone's effect is to increase insulin sensitivity in muscle cells while simultaneously decreasing it in fat cells which explains why you tend to gain muscle and lose fat while taking test...

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most people think that fat makes you fat, but that's only true if it's the processed garbage fats in the typical American diet. I've lost a good bit of weight lately with a diet that is predominantly fat, but always good fats like olive oil, coconut oil, peanuts, almonds, and farm eggs.

Here's some peppers from my garden being sauteed in olive oil and garlic , to this I'd add three or four eggs:
http://i.imgur.com/USKKCkB.jpg

Eat like that, and you can eat all you want and still lose weight - high in fiber, high in healthy fat, no sugar, no processed carbs.

Last edited:

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
Most people think that fat makes you fat, but that's only true if it's the processed garbage fats in the typical American diet. I've lost a good bit of weight lately with a diet that is predominantly fat, but always good fats like olive oil, coconut oil, peanuts, almonds, and farm eggs.

Here's some peppers from my garden being sauteed in olive oil and garlic , to this I'd add three or four eggs:
http://i.imgur.com/USKKCkB.jpg

Eat that like, and you can eat all you want and still lose weight - high in fiber, high in healthy fat, no sugar, no processed carbs.
Yes, and in addition I'd point out a few things:

1) New fat is needed by the body before it is willing to release stored fat. Almost like its ensuring it will have a steady supply of money coming in before its willing to spend money

2) Olive Oil and Coconut Oil are particularly effective at slimming you down. Animal fats tend to be more readily stored as fats while vegetable fats tend to be used for energy. In addition olive oil stimulates the production of cathecholines(epinephrine/norepinephrine) which in turn causes increased fat burning. Olive Oil and Coconut Oil both also supersaturate the leydig cells in the testes with cholesterol by enhancing enzymatic functioning of the process that turns cholesterol into testosterone thereby increasing testosterone levels, which can in turn lower body fat as well.

3) Most fat sources do not create a great surge in insulin, which is the true cause of most fat gain, especially among those who are somewhat insulin resistant, which is pretty much anyone who carries excessive abdominal fat.

4) If its a carb source that can be bought in a box, bag or is processed, avoid it like the plague. These are the carbs that will send your insulin levels soaring and cause fat gain.