Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How to Find Balance

Starwolf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys,

How do you find the right balance between living frugal and spending?

I have adopted the minimalist and frugal life for a while now after reading about minimalism, The millionaire next door and recently Aaron Clarey videos (Captain Capitalism)

My experience so far..it will definitely not drop any panties or get u respect from peers. (yes i know society only looks at your material possessions)
The only satisfaction you get is that you are debt free and an increasing bank account.

This is what i want to find out. is the satisfaction you get worth it over time. i've been at it for 3 years now.

Knowing how society views value and living in that society is it worth it to go against the stream?

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
My thing is that you only get one life, but at the same time you want to LIVE this life to the best that you can WHILE passing on some sort of Legacy afterwards.

With that being said, I would focus on living below your means, but not necessarily living a Minimalist lifestyle.

I like Aaron Clarey but he's a hypocrite in a number of ways as (according to his own words in his own videos) the guy does NOT have an increasing bank account but is BROKE. He always says he makes about $20,000 a year. So perhaps he's living a Minimalist lifestyle because he has no other choice.

I would live a lifestyle of being BELOW your means, focus hard on reducing your expenses and tax expenses, but keeping a certain QUALITY of life while adding to your savings/retirement plans every year.

You worked hard for the money, so you deserve a certain quality of life, however, that quality does NOT have to be above nor at your means but should be below it.

Being a single guy with no kids making $50,000 a year in a low cost of living area, can give you a good quality of life while still living below your means and saving.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm the polar opposite of most people who come into money. When I first really started making money I went out of my way to hide it. I went without stuff, I lived down just to show that it hasn't changed me

I don't splurge now but now I'm like **** it I work too hard to not enjoy life.

My only rule is that I don't spend money just to spend money. But if I want something and I feel like i've earned it, go get it.

Starwolf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the insight.

evan12

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was living minimalist before (actually until the age of 27 ) , then I found it is not the life I wanted it because I was limiting my spending to make my income enough , the life was passing by me and I was just "debt free" but cant really get what I want.
I worked more smart and increased my income , now I can (almost ) what I want .
I am not a rich but if I want a new laptop I can afford to buy it , or a vacation , I can go .

read : 4 hour works a week . this is my new philosophy

Starwolf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
read : 4 hour works a week . this is my new philosophy
Just started reading this last night. I agree with it so far

mandyoi

Reaction score
I would live a lifestyle of being BELOW your means, focus hard on reducing your expenses and tax expenses, but keeping a certain QUALITY of life while adding to your savings/retirement plans every year.