Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Using something as a crutch vs using it to enhance your looks.Would like honest input

Lostsoul85

Don Juan
Reaction score
I started shaving my head bald at 29 after hair loss and i have accepted the baldness

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8vVGMF9908

At the same time i also notice that when i go out like this wearing a beanie i get more glances from females.This happened on friday.

Wearing a black vneck and black beanie like i am here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWQ56BKS3Qw

I noticed more stares,glances,females bumping into me

I don't want to use the beanie as a crutch for example

This friday i went out the my usual spot and a women asked me to take it off as i was taking off my coat.In the past i would have been ashamed but now i am not.

I have nothing to hide so i took it off without shame.So i was there at the bar for about an hour with it off playing ping pong

Than i put it on for about 30 mins before i was leaving.This was at the same bar.

Lots more ios,women bumping into me,glancing towards me

Say i go out for 3 hours.I will take it take it off briefly just to show myself there is no shame in bald head and i am secure with the baldness.

At the same time, i will put on the beanie back on again for some time because it enhances my facial aesthetics overall and i think that although i look good bald i look even better with a beanie.

Is it necessary to throw away the beanie so i don't use it as a crutch and just walk around bald 100% of the time.I can leave it on,(show off my facial aesethics which is my purpose for using it)If anyone asks me to take it off i don't have the shame although i know that i look better with it on.

Is this healthy to view the beanie as an enhancement to one's look so long as i am comfortable taking it off if anyone asks at a drop of a dime?

Last edited:

j.619

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bump. Curious for responses...

You're a good lookin' cat. I think you'd probably get looks with or without the beanie. Wear it if it makes you comfortable or makes you feel more confident. I would consider it an accessory in that case... not much different from a watch, earrings/plugs, necklace/chain, nice belt buckles, etc.

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I use to have these insecurities to, but I stopped giving a damn. Men in general with or without hair look better IMO with a hat on. I got hotter chicks without the beanie on and girls usually tell me i'm to cute to worry about my hair loss. In fact I was told by both women and men i look better with out a hat

SmooveMooves

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good facial traits. Accessories often enhance male appearance. For instance I look great in a baseball cap.

Wear your beanie but just continue not giving a fūck about being bald. Nothing you can do.

Lostsoul85

Don Juan
Reaction score
SmooveMooves said:
Good facial traits. Accessories often enhance male appearance. For instance I look great in a baseball cap.

Wear your beanie but just continue not giving a fūck about being bald. Nothing you can do.
Yeah i feel like it empasizes(the beanie)my facial proportion/bone structure and symmetry which i feel like is the best part of my looks.

When i am without the beanie and clean shaven bald i have gotten to the point where i feel good looking and handsome.Didn't use to be that way

When i wear the beanie and walk around at night,internally i literally feel like a male model and i guess that why i get the looks and stares.

I feel that every single chick in the bar should be looking in my direction and consequently quite a few of them do when i wear it.

The reason i posted this is because i was curious if wearing a beanie which emphasizes my facial/bone structure is the same thing like taking a drug?

Am i subconciously band aiding my baldness or am i using this as a drug?

I am more concerned about inner game than outer

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Lostsoul85 said:
I started shaving my head bald at 29 after hair loss and i have accepted the baldness

At the same time i also notice that when i go out like this wearing a beanie i get more glances from females.This happened on friday.

The hat is BAD-AZZ. I love it. No homo.

No doubt. The girls really like it.

This friday i went out the my usual spot and a women asked me to take it off as i was taking off my coat.In the past i would have been ashamed but now i am not.

I have nothing to hide so i took it off without shame.So i was there at the bar for about an hour with it off playing ping pong

Than i put it on for about 30 mins before i was leaving.This was at the same bar.

Say i go out for 3 hours.I will take it take it off briefly just to show myself there is no shame in bald head and i am secure with the baldness.

At the same time, i will put on the beanie back on again for some time because it enhances my facial aesthetics overall and i think that although i look good bald i look even better with a beanie.

Is it necessary to throw away the beanie so i don't use it as a crutch and just walk around bald 100% of the time.I can leave it on,(show off my facial aesethics which is my purpose for using it)If anyone asks me to take it off i don't have the shame although i know that i look better with it on.

Is this healthy to view the beanie as an enhancement to one's look so long as i am comfortable taking it off if anyone asks at a drop of a dime?
Don't throw away something that works. We all have our "baseline" looks. Then we may have certain enhancements that further improve our looks. There's nothing wrong with that.

You should always "own" your "baseline" looks, which in your case is the shaved head. But also be ok with any enhancements that improve your look. In other words, be confident with both.

Sometimes, we can get the feeling that there is something "wrong" with our "baseline" look because it may not get as much results as the enhanced look. But in most cases, there is nothing really "wrong" with the baseline look. It's usually decent, just not optimized.

But like another poster mentioned, yes, hats can be a big enhancement. I know that when I'm shoveling snow and wearing athletic sunglasses, a black wool hat, and a Carhatt jacket, I get more looks from women. It gives me a sort of rugged "construction worker" look.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lostsoul85 said:
Yeah i feel like it empasizes(the beanie)my facial proportion/bone structure and symmetry which i feel like is the best part of my looks.

When i am without the beanie and clean shaven bald i have gotten to the point where i feel good looking and handsome.Didn't use to be that way

Good.

When i wear the beanie and walk around at night,internally i literally feel like a male model and i guess that why i get the looks and stares.

You do look male model-ish with that look. It's not just in your head.

I feel that every single chick in the bar should be looking in my direction and consequently quite a few of them do when i wear it.

The reason i posted this is because i was curious if wearing a beanie which emphasizes my facial/bone structure is the same thing like taking a drug?

Am i subconciously band aiding my baldness or am i using this as a drug?

I am more concerned about inner game than outer
No, it's not a drug or like a drug.

I know guys that wear hats ALL the time to hide their balding. I can tell, and most other men and women can tell also. Then there are guys that wear hats for function or because they really LIKE hats. That's different. I think you just really like the hat and how it looks.

You are just proud of the optimized look. There's nothing wrong with that.

Back in the day, I found that I could ONLY pull with my hair spiked up in the front (soap star style) AND while wearing certain style shirts. I never thought of it as "cheating" or a "crutch." I was proud of my optimized look and used it to my advantage.

Inner game is important, and a guy should always "own" and be proud of his look no matter what it is. But you still get better results with an optimized look because you can't fool women (on looks), and most importantly, you CAN'T fool yourself either. Your confidence will always be higher when you know you look better a certain way. So you have a "baseline" confidence and an "enhanced" confidence as well.

Shaved head = I'm good looking mofo

Shaved head and bad-azz hat = I'm a hot mofo lol

TarantulaHawk

Banned
Reaction score
Lostsoul85 said:

Dude you remind me of Canibus. Lol

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z63cQKWlDgQ

Keep it off or on. You look fine dude.

Lostsoul85

Don Juan
Reaction score
Mike

As you and i know using repeating to ourselves over and over that we are a 10/10 with our baseline looks isn't going to work.

If i internally feel that with my baseline look i look decent(6/10)

But with the optimized look i feel a couple points higher physically and internally?

This is not a sign that i need to ditch the hat and try whatever means necessary of addressing the issue of not feeling like a male model with the baseline look?.Whether it is seeing a psychologist to get that perceived extra couple points i feel with the optimized look?

Mike to not used the optimized look as a crutch lets say for every 10 times a go out.5 times should be with the baseline and 5 times with the optimized so that i am not tricking myself into overusing and becoming dependent on it for my looks?

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lostsoul85 said:
Mike

As you and i know using repeating to ourselves over and over that we are a 10/10 with our baseline looks isn't going to work.

Exactly correct. I know I can't "inner game" my bald spot away lol.

If i internally feel that with my baseline look i look decent(6/10)

Understood. But maybe it's 7ish. We don't know exactly. All we know is it is decent.

But with the optimized look i feel a couple points higher physically and internally?

Yes. Makes sense.

This is not a sign that i need to ditch the hat and try whatever means necessary of addressing the issue of not feeling like a male model with the baseline look.Whether it is seeing a psychologist to get that perceived extra couple points i feel with the optimized look?
But even models use looks enhancements. Female models still use makeup and sexy clothes. Male models still dress well too or have tattoos or earrings or other enhancements.

What is wrong with the "two tier" approach? "I'm a good looking baseline guy. But with the enhancements, I'm a hot model mofo."

Lostsoul85

Don Juan
Reaction score
Mike would you say to use the two tier-approach one must evenly balance the amount of times wearing the baseline look and the optimized look 50/50.For every 10 nights out wear the optimized look 5 times instead of 10/10 times so you it doesn't become the source of security for your looks.

I was also curious before you sleep with a woman she may see you with the optimize look wearing the beanie and then you take it off she sees a bald head.

Will this cause a fluctuation in her attraction as you take it off and put it back on again?

Lostsoul85

Don Juan
Reaction score
Mike would you say to use the two tier-approach one must evenly balance the amount of times wearing the baseline look and the optimized look 50/50.For every 10 nights out wear the optimized look 5 times instead of 10/10 times so you it doesn't become the source of security for your looks.

I was also curious before you sleep with a woman she may see you with the optimize look wearing the beanie and then you take it off she sees a bald head.

Will this cause a fluctuation in her attraction prior to sleeping with her as you take it off and put it back on again?

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, I'm starting to see your point now. I'm tired, so it's taking a while to "sink in" lol.

You want to "challenge" your "inner game" by not wearing the hat sometimes? You certainly could do that if you want. It would improve your "not giving a F."

It depends on your objectives. I mean if a guy just wants to get laid, then I recommend that he optimize his look as much as possible. Any reasonable enhancements should be used to make scoring as easy as possible.

But, if a guy wants to strengthen his inner game and learn to not give a F, then maybe there is some merit to just going out with regular baseline looks instead of playing on "easy mode" like above.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lostsoul85 said:

No. I made no mention of a ratio. You don't have to "count" how many times you wear a hat versus not wear a hat. You wear what you feel like wearing.

Women can tell from the snug fitting hat that you have a shaved head. It's no surprise or shock to them. Don't worry about that.

Will this cause a fluctuation in her attraction prior to sleeping with her as you take it off and put it back on again?
It might make a little difference, but you can't worry about that. You have to be totally comfortable with your baseline looks so that you don't worry about that.

Chamber36

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You is one ugly mufugguh neeega.

Ur eyez ur noze ur lipz iz all too beeeeg neeeega.

Where u from anyway? Eritrea?

Lostsoul85

Don Juan
Reaction score
@mike

Thanks for the advice man

I guess the biggest thing for me is to accept my looks as i am and not worry about what is out of my control.

mangotot

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know why but beaning works like a treat. You just got to wear one which is fashionable, right colour, design, etc. Thr same can be said of other bits of clothing which fits well and looks good on you. Its important that your outfit is put together well, its no good wearing a great beanie hat but rest of the outfit looks $hit.

cfdagola

Don Juan
Reaction score
PeasantPlayer said:
I use to have these insecurities to, but I stopped giving a damn. Men in general with or without hair look better IMO with a hat on. I got hotter chicks without the beanie on and girls usually tell me i'm to cute to worry about my hair loss. In fact I was told by both women and men i look better with out a hat
there are women who want their men with hair and those who like men without hair

then there are A LOT of women who don't give a damn as long as you own your look. if you got thin hair or a receding hairline don't cover it up embrace it and I think that positive energy will flow through you. of course it would be awesome to have a full head of hair but unfortunately you don't hanging on to the last 26 strands on your head isn't going to make you look attractive in any type of way.

i thought me having braces on (i don't anymore) at age 28 was WAY to old. but the more i talked with friends and met random peeps i realized that nobody even really cared that I had braces on.

hell one girl thought it was "part of my game" and asked if they were real. lmao