Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Need financial Advice- Fed up

chaj3_11

Don Juan
Reaction score
Im fed up of being skint and in a ****ty job. I ve changed my life around in terms of girls and getting fit. However the one thing dragging me down is job and savings. I am terrible with money.

I cannot seem to save and i live in my overdraft. I currently work nights in a supermarket and its making me depressed but i need it just to survive. The moneys crap like £9 an hour and it kills my social life at the same time.

Does anyone have advice on saving and jobs that pay well or have good prospects? Im from UK if that helps.

Honestly so fed up with it now somethings got to change.

Mr_Maximus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Start with being grateful and happy for what you have.

Then focus on what you do want and support it with the necessary actions to make it happen.

Your mindset is keeping you in a place you don't want to be because this is what you think about and focus on.

Think about only of what you want.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
chaj3_11 said:
Im fed up of being skint and in a ****ty job. I ve changed my life around in terms of girls and getting fit. However the one thing dragging me down is job and savings. I am terrible with money.

I cannot seem to save and i live in my overdraft. I currently work nights in a supermarket and its making me depressed but i need it just to survive. The moneys crap like £9 an hour and it kills my social life at the same time.

Does anyone have advice on saving and jobs that pay well or have good prospects? Im from UK if that helps.

Honestly so fed up with it now somethings got to change.
This post is insanely generic. I can give you advice on "jobs" but I need to know what type of "jobs" we are even talking about? What industry sector? What's your career plan?

Financial Management includes a variety of different aspects from managing Income, Taxes, Expenses, Investments, Credit and Insurance. These six aspects are key in having an efficient financial status.

chaj3_11

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thats the problem. I have no plan. The only interest i ever had was joining the army but poor eyesight stopped that and ever since then i ve just drifted.

I honestly wouldnt mind a well paid job even if it makes me miserable. That sounds stupid but its better than crap job and crap money.

So just wondering what sectors pay well and require little experience/qualifications.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here in the US, most college degrees are a waste of time and money. Trade school is the fastest path to a decent job, or possibly an apprenticeship through a union. You don't think of a plumber as being rich, but once you master a craft, start hiring employees, and build a business, you can do a lot better than middle-class.

Reaction score
there's no such thing as "well paid' and "little training/experience". I've heard that the potash mines in Canada pay $40 per hour, but by now they are probably buried in workers. The oil fields in N. Dakota pay $25 an hour, you get 2 weeks of 12 hours on, 12 off, living at the rig, then you're off for 2 weeks. No point in renting anyplace, live in a mini-van. 1.5x base pay for over 40 hours a week, so pretty good money, 5k a month is what it comes down to. But a horrible life. Save it ALL and get out of that crap in a year or 2. Also, inexperienced hands probably won't get hired, either.

Trucking pays about as much, ,but there's no 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off. You drive 7 days out of 8, cross country. You have to LIVE in the rig (and an old van) and marry a 3rd world gal who is your co-driver,in order to clear 60k per year (after paying her 20k per year). Again 2-3 years and out of it. JB Hunt and other trucking outfits will train you, and make you do 70k worth of work the first year, paying you 40k, so that your 4k worth of training is A LOT more than "paid for". :) But it's a way to get started, with nothing. After your first year, go get that woman.

sorry, just noted that you're in England. Can't help you there, but the above applies to anyone in the US who is in your position.

The_flying_dutchman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the first problem is that you're working nights, which means you have to sleep during the day and can't get any other goals accomplished. -- goals like going to school to improve future career options.

I used to work nights as well and would go to class during the morning hours and sleep during the afternoon. I can tell you that in the long run, this way of life can turn into a prison quickly because it severely limits your options.

My first best advice would be to try to switch to a day time job.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
chaj3_11 said:
Thats the problem. I have no plan. The only interest i ever had was joining the army but poor eyesight stopped that and ever since then i ve just drifted.

I honestly wouldnt mind a well paid job even if it makes me miserable. That sounds stupid but its better than crap job and crap money.

So just wondering what sectors pay well and require little experience/qualifications.
Lol, sir I still can't even begin to answer the question until we narrow it down significantly. Let's start here:

1.) What are your strengths and weaknesses in terms of talent?

2.) What skills do you have right now?

3.) What has been ALL of your prior work experience up into this point?

4.) What are you passionate about?

5.) When you say "pay well" what specifically does that mean? Are you talking $40k a year? $65k a year? $120k a year?

I can list over a hundred job "titles" and "generic categories" that pay well which I would say starts at $50k a year. But I'm in Clinton Township, MI where the cost of living isn't extremely high. If you stay in a high cost of living area then the $50k that's good over here, would have to be at least $70k over there.

But you have to narrow this down buddy.

Mr_Maximus

Don Juan
Reaction score
chaj3_11 said:

Your going about this the wrong way.

I made the same mistake by following what I thought would make me the most money. In other words, money was the major motivator. Lets say that didn't work out in my favor and my profession ended up finding me.

My advise to you is to do something you love/really like and be the best in your field. The money will come or you will feel like you don't have to work a day in your life. Its a win win.

If you just want me to throw a solution at your problem when I don't know anything about you and you yourself do not know what you want, then this is what I would suggest.

Get a sales job (In an industry you have an interest in)

Why?

* Good sales professionals are some of the highest paid people in any industry.
* you have the ability to boost your income with commissions from sales.
* Good career prospects, some climb the ranks and become team leaders, head of sales, CEO's. (some sales professionals earn more than their managers)
* Its challenging and emotionally rewarding.
* Every business needs sales people and this need will always exist.
* Everyone is a salesperson, some get paid for it, others don't.
* You don't really need any qualifications to be given a chance.
* There are plenty of vacancies and opportunities. From recruitment consulting to selling tangible products or complicated software solutions.
* You will learn valuable skills to be able to better deal with people in general.

In my opinion, the ability to persuade and influence people is the most important and most valuable skill anyone can have. However, sales is not for everyone and everyone is not cut out for it.

Good luck.

SeymourCake

Banned
Reaction score
Become a personal trainer if you're fit.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bottom line?

Spend less than you make. It sucks. It's hard. Most people can't do it. Most people are broke.

It's kind of like being fat because you can't eat less than you want.

There are no shortcuts or tricks or magic fixes or hidden jobs.

Suck it up.

Pay cash for everything. If you don't NEED it, don't buy it. Accept a sh!tty life for a year or two until you build up your skills to make more cash.

Start by putting a dollar a week in a jar if that's all you can save. The point is to TRAIN IN THE HABIT deep into your subconscious.

This habit will make you rich.

Most people can't do it, and most people are debt slaves.

Styr

Don Juan
Reaction score
Truth to be told, I too have failed miserably with my money management - but I have learned from my mistakes.

First: List up all your living expenses. Try to cut or eliminate as much of them as practically possible. Rent a house? Crash in with a relative, good friend. Share a room with some other person(s). Buy foodstuffs in bulk, refrigerate, to save money. And so on.

Soon enough you will have enough to start over in a less stressful environment. Also, you will be richer for it, for having endured a lower standard of life.