Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Online Openers for Those That Don't Speak English Well?

Oregano

Don Juan
Reaction score
I live in Thailand, where most clubs are filled with big groups of mixed guys and girls and I just don't have the confidence to make those approaches. When I see a girl sitting solo or walking back from the bathroom, I can usually approach just fine, but this only happens on an odd moon or so.

So, I use mainly online dating as my vice to talk to and meet new women and friends outside of my own circle of friends' friends.

I have a silly, stupid interesting profile written in Thai (I'm a White American, can speak Thai fluently at an elementary level) that tends to get attention when girls read it. Obviously, not everyone sends a reply. I find opening in Thai to be super boring and it drags out to the long ass "Whats your name? How olds are you? What do you do? Blah blah blah" and **** never goes anywhere. English to Thai translations are far too literal, and sarcasm is hardly ever understood, used and in most cases, tends to offend to the point of me looking like an ******* when I try to use it. Jokes go right over everyone's head.

So, I want to switch back to mostly going in with English. Most Thai girls English skills are super poor, so I need some simple, simple openers that shouldn't be too hard for anyone to understand.

Also, are there any other resources for international dating in SE Asia. I'm not some sexpat looking for bar girls. In the past, I've hooked up with Thai Celebs, FHM/Playmates, show car models, and prefer the lighter skinner, more Chinese looking Thai girls, but that was all before I got out of this 4 year LTR and I've honestly lost my touch and can't remember what I was doing right back that (I honestly never thought I had game or was a natural at it... I was just in the right spot at the right time and met a girl).

Last edited:

Huffman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, you can't make silly puns if you're not speaking your mother tongue. I lived abroad for some time. But hey.

Be really direct and open in real approaches. Anything else they won't understand, or at least not find funny. Online I dunno.

JustOlder_!

Don Juan
Reaction score
Huffman said:
Yeah, you can't make silly puns if you're not speaking your mother tongue. I lived abroad for some time. But hey.

Be really direct and open in real approaches. Anything else they won't understand, or at least not find funny. Online I dunno.

full metal jacket --- I love you long time~!!1

Callmejoe

Don Juan
Reaction score
Number one: If you "speak Thai fluently" then you are not "at an elementary level". You are ignorant and clueless. Fluently is like a native.

I can "get by" in three foreign languages, and believe me, it opens legs, err, doors enormously. I call Thai, an "impossible" language, but if you can get by in it, then good for you. I've only slept with one Thai girl, a virgin PhD student, and she was fluent in English. YMMV.

It sounds like you are still in the translation stage, where you are thinking in English then translating into Thai, instead of thinking in Thai. Structure your sentences in Thai syntax and it will come across better. Idioms and jokes will never translate. Also, don't make fun of the King.

Here is what you need to know: If she is not putting out for free (as my grad student friend did), offer money. Figure out what you think is a month's worth of your target's salary (or tuition) and offer her three times that. She'll accept if you are not repulsive and if she thinks she won't get caught. This works in several countries.

I had randomly met a girl at a food court in SEA. She would have gladly slept with me for nothing, but I didn't find her particularly attractive (she was quite average). She offered to introduce me to a 19yo friend of hers, a semi-professional singer. God, she was gorgeous. She didn't speak a word of English and I had only known the very basics of her language at the time. I had my handy-dandy mini dictionary in my pocket, so we established communication one word at a time. She had only slept with one guy before in her life (multiple lines of questioning always led to the same answer), and she had broke up 18 months earlier. It wasn't really going anywhere until I decided to proposition her with money; I had already asked what she made, so 3 months of it got her. As a seriously tight 19 year old who hasn't had any for 18 months, she was one of the best f&^%$ I've ever had.

If you are in clubs in Thailand, then duh, what are you thinking? They are all hookers. They may not all be female, but they are all hookers.

I've "known" actresses, FHM's (two from the top 100 list!), professional models, Miss Philippines finalists (Bb Pilapinas), and girl group members in the Phils. They are way better than Thais, and you will not have a language problem at all; some Filipinos speak English better than you do. A good Thai girl will not want to introduce you to her parents, lest they think of her as a hooker (and she may be). I was with my Thai gf for a year, and she kept me a secret from everyone she knew. Knowing her, I don't think she's ever told anyone she has slept with a farang to this day.

A Filipina will immediately take you to her parents and extended clan, showing you off as the prize and sire of future Mestizos (and you have to buy everyone dinner).

An Indo girl will immediately introduce you to all her girlfriends because they have this weird fantasy of sleeping with a bule before they get married (and, ahem, will afterwards if they didn't make it before) and want to show you off (and you have to buy everyone dinner), but if she is a Moslem (as most are), she won't want her parents to know until you propose, if then. I asked one of my gf's gaggle one time about that, whether it were true if most Indo girls (these are all college girls, so it may not be universal) had such a fantasy. They all said yes, while I am thinking of having six beautiful coeds in my bed at the same time. I asked, if language were not a barrier, what percent had that fantasy? They came to a consensus that it was 70%. A Christian Indo girl is more like a Filipina, in that she will take you to her family right away, but it is not the same reverence, acceptance, but not reverence. Overall, it is amazing odds. If you want a smart, hot girl who isn't a slut, spend a day in Jakarta and know basic conversation. Four hours, and you can randomly meet a "good" girl who will sleep with you by the end of the day. I even pulled that off with the daughter of an MP. Less than 90 minutes after meeting in line at McDonalds, we were in bed. I didn't know her dad was xth in line for the Presidency until the next day. "What does your dad do?" "He works for the government." "What department?" "DPR" (I knew what this was) "What does he do there?" "Law" "Is he a lawyer?" "No. Makes laws" "Your dad is a member of Parliament?" "Yeah! That's it!" "Oh sh&^"

A Malaysian girl (Chinese) will have her mother cook for you. I LOVE Chinese-Malaysian girls. They are my favorite.

A Malay in Singapore is a bit more like a Thai, where she is not really going to introduce you to her friends or family. A Malay in Malaysia will want to meet you in Singapore so she doesn't get arrested.

There is a series of books you might enjoy, "Hardship Posting". They are anthologies of life in Asia. They are hilarious and true.