Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Ugly truths of modern dating

stephenbaldwin

Don Juan
Reaction score
http://thoughtcatalog.com/christoph...out-modern-dating-that-you-have-to-deal-with/

Interesting article, not sure if anyone else already started a discussion. Kind of underscores the futility of traditional dating and really confirms that there's a lot of immaturity all around. I thought that most of the points brought up would relate to dating in early-mid twenties, but it's crazy that women up against the wall still do this. Also, note all the slamming from the female commentators.

Do any of you deal with this on a consistent basis with +27 yo women? I know I do, but at the same time, I meet all of my women at bars, and I still foolishly go after trainwrecks

In2theGame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pretty decent read and I'd have to agree with most of it. I like how some Women in the comments section are calling him bitter and unrealistic lol When in fact he is telling truths. I just dont understand why Women cannot see truths.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
All of these things are true and just reflect the new dating market out here, in terms of relations between man and woman. Which is why I keep saying the marriage laws are not UPDATED to reflect this new market of wishy washy, I like you one minute-hate you the next, Burger King "I want it my way" style of dating.

soden

Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice read. It's really sad to notice that hes right :kick:

crazyboy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
its 2014 who still take women out on dates lol. most a women get out me is a drink and part of a blunt when i use to smoke lol. anyway all guys should try this once and say are we fcking or not. you be surprised at your answer

stephenbaldwin

Don Juan
Reaction score
crazyboy said:
its 2014 who still take women out on dates lol. most a women get out me is a drink and part of a blunt when i use to smoke lol. anyway all guys should try this once and say are we fcking or not. you be surprised at your answer
That's the way I feel. From personal experience, any woman who I've asked to dinner in the past 3 years has reacted with a.....No, a laugh or a not a response at all. 100 % loss guaranteed.

Funny thing is, I don't feel bad about the rejection, it only means that I have my Friday night free to get drunk with my friends

glass half full

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This sounds on target, as depressing as it is. I want to be more optimistic, but seeing the real world it seems they are all looking for "the perfect man", whatever that is.

soden

Don Juan
Reaction score
PairPlusRoyalFlush said:
I've actually found that all of the dating specific points he made pretty much go out the window when the girl is very high interest.
I would say very high value woman instead of high interest.

Die Hard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To be totally honest, I don't think any of the things mentioned is out of the ordinary, I have never known things to be different from this.

When you think about it, things shouldn't be like this. But hey it's just reality, no other choice but to deal with it...

logicallefty

Reaction score
stephenbaldwin said:
Funny thing is, I don't feel bad about the rejection, it only means that I have my Friday night free to get drunk with my friends
HAHAHAHAHAHA lmfao!! So darn true!! I think this calls for some +rep for you Sir... Incoming.......

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Disregard all those points (which are all true) when both parties have actual, sincere interest.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
VladPatton said:
Disregard all those points (which are all true) when both parties have actual, sincere interest.
Agree, no sh1t in the end its all about being attracted.

"I'll let you know" is not a line that a hot girl or a hot guy gets, its a line that a second choice gets and it implies "unless I find someone more interesting".

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting article.... some fixes you can make.

1. True. Men and women will both try NOT to show they are interested because of this. The solution is that as a MAN... you have to put your balls on the table and assume some risk. Be a man go for what you want... womwn will respond to this. The problem is too many man act like chicks. Man up. Once you have her hooked none of this is going to matter.

2. Jesus... as a MAN you cant be hung up on when a woman texts you back. WHo the frick cares. Do what you want... if she is turned off because she thinks you too needy, then that's her problem... find another girl.

3. There is a difference between ignoring someone and not being connected to results. There MUST be a balance. You have to make sure to let the woman you are interested without being needy. Push and pull.

4. NEVER TEXT period. Men call women on the phone. Boys text... what do you want to be? If a women texts you... call her back in response. Texing is for wussies.

5. BS. Never settle for a 'maybe', if a women is not ready to make definative plans, then walk away.

6. Jesus.... If someone treats you wrong... count your blessings that you learned it when you did. Move on and find someone that will treat you right. You should not give a flying f.... what happens to someone that did you wrong. Failure to do this makes you a perpetual victim... Real men don't act like this.

7.True. Finally some REAL truth. The goal should be to only find people that are REALLY attracted to you. Don't even TRY to engage someone that has low attraction for you and this problem goes away.

8. Real men go out on DATES, not esoteric meet ups. Ask and women out and make sure she understands it's a date. If she won't agree to this, take the hint and move on. If you agree to anything else you deserve what you get.

9. DUh..... you are always going to date people with different agendas when you learn you are out of sync... dump them.

10. Well... I would say NEVER text, but the same is true for voice mail communication. Take the hint and move on.

11. Women get to decide when and if you are in a relationship. Learn to know when she is hinting at this, and as a MAN and you want one... then but your balls on the table and make it happen, if she cuts them off.... again take it like MAN up and move on to the next woman.

12. People were flirting and cheating before social media. The only thing that has changed is the technology. The cure for this is to be in a healthy realtionship. Your partner will not cheat on you if they are getting what they want. Provide this and social media does not matter.

13. This is true.... but so what.

14. This is why you should always be authentic.

15. Success or failure is terrifying. Really? Look if you fail, then move on.

16. Never pay attention to anything on Facebook. In fact, I would recommend you NOT have a facebook account.

17. Until you are married, then the relationship is only a strong as BOTH parties believe it is. If one doesn't think that it is strong, and a better option comes up, then why wouldn't they explore other options?

18. I guess it's okay for women to break up with a guy via text. And if this happens to you take it like a MAN, and start dating other women. But if a man does this then they are a worthless POS. Real men don't do this, break-up like a MAN.

bob2007

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
stephenbaldwin said:
http://thoughtcatalog.com/christoph...out-modern-dating-that-you-have-to-deal-with/

Do any of you deal with this on a consistent basis with +27 yo women? I know I do, but at the same time, I meet all of my women at bars, and I still foolishly go after trainwrecks
I've never dated anyone over 26.
You're usually plan B, as my friend's ex puts it. Plan A left, so now to plan B.
It never works out with girls straight out of college.
The last bunch of girls I've dated all had daddy problems. Maybe I attract the type.

But the real conclusion is, you are who you choose. If I was more successful I'd prob have more options than just pretty girls with questionable character. Or... you might choose to be with bad people cause you're not that serious to begin with and you dont' want relationships to take over your life.

glass half full

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
stephenbaldwin said:

Interesting article, not sure if anyone else already started a discussion. Kind of underscores the futility of traditional dating and really confirms that there's a lot of immaturity all around. I thought that most of the points brought up would relate to dating in early-mid twenties, but it's crazy that women up against the wall still do this. Also, note all the slamming from the female commentators.

In my honest opinion, most women today are trainwrecks. And they blame it on their past men. maybe it's true, but again maybe it's not. It just is what it is.

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's a struggle, like tug of war, but the way to win the struggle is just let go of the rope if you don't like whose on the other side of it.

logicallefty

Reaction score
glass half full said:
[/B]

In my honest opinion, most women today are trainwrecks. And they blame it on their past men. maybe it's true, but again maybe it's not. It just is what it is.
This isn't just your opinion, it's fact. Key is word: MOST, but not all.