Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Girl who does not make eye contact...worth it?

harrison9876

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys...

Trying to figure something out.

There is an HB7 at the gym. Average in looks, but GREAT body...British accent...very cute.

She seems interesting, however, she ALWAYS gives off a vibe of "no one talk to me!".

I don't bother people when they are working out...but I see her off and on at the gym, and I have walked by her a few times and smiled...but she NEVER makes eye contact...she purposefully stares straight ahead to AVOID eye contact with people. Like I can be walking RIGHT past her, practically shoulder to shoulder...and she will not look anywhere but straight ahead.

A few weeks ago, I eventually stopped her as she was approaching my direction, and joked a bit about how long she was on the treadmill for...she joked back, smiled, but then that was it...she kept heading straight to the changing room...no room for anything else.

A few minutes later, I was still on a machine when she came back, and she had to pass me to exit...was going to wish her a good day, etc...but she was BACK in the zone of "staring straight ahead and not making eye contact with anyone". She walked RIGHT past me, not even acknowledging that another human being was right right next to her, or that I even reached out a bit to her to engage in convo a few minutes earlier.

I saw her at the gym the following week, and again...she walked RIGHT past me, with NO eye contact...just a blank stare straight ahead.

That was about a month ago.

She is new at the gym, so I sorta figured she was shy...maybe out of her zone not knowing too many people...but it is getting a bit old.

I have a seen her a few times at the gym since trying to engage in convo, and she make noooooooooooooo effort on her side to interact with anyone.

Now...this isn't a situation of someone trying to concentrate on their workout and does not want to be bothered...this is just plain avoiding people.

I am usually pretty friendly and outgoing...but whatever interest I had in even wanting to talk to this girl is pretty much gone...

Should I not even bother attempting?

BetterCallSaul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd be willing to bet if you shoved your c*ck in her face so she could blow you, she'd make eye contact then.

But seriously there are people who go to gyms to work out and stay focused on it. Ever notice at gyms there are people there who are just sitting on machines socializing? I'd be willing to bet they go back home and tell their S/O about the fierce workout they just got done doing and can't figure out why they aren't losing weight or gaining muscle or whatever.

Let's make it simple though, you want to talk to her? Do it. Think of something to say, make sure she can hear you, and just do it. If she ignores you or is rude, just move on and don't agonize over it anymore.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
From what I've read, I'm not seeing any signs of interest from her. I'm not sure what else you could do.

Off topic side note: In case you were thinking about it, don't complement a chick on her accent. It's something very personal that they don't usually appreciate people calling attention to (even if you think it's hot lol).

G_Govan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The ONLY way to feel her out is to greet her even if she doesn't make eye contact and engage in conversation.

However, you should realize that she may not be shy but simply not interested in talking to anyone.

Women know how to get your attention... when they want it (even the shy ones).

You're going to have to cold approach, which means you assume all the risk and all the consequences.

Lozboss

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No interest- she was being polite. Sorry- Harsh but true.

Forget her and focus your efforts on women who are interested.

Metaphor here:
Why push a donkey and cart up the hill when you can ride the donkey up the hill?

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Lozboss said:
No interest- she was being polite. Sorry- Harsh but true.

Forget her and focus your efforts on women who are interested.

Metaphor here:
Why push a donkey and cart up the hill when you can ride the donkey up the hill?
^This. I definitely give the OP credit for trying. But it does sound like she was just being polite.

glass half full

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anytime I've ever been in a gym, the really good looking chicks act just like that. They act like they are on their own personal mission, straight ahead.
Get used to it lol.

The ones not so hot, not so much.

harrison9876

Don Juan
Reaction score
haha...

yup...

:)

nah, never complimented her on anything (accent for example)...

Well...when I was on the bag today, I saw her getting hit up by some average-looking, somewhat chunky guy for like 10 minutes while she was on the stairmaster. She seems to be quite into the convo, and enjoying it...

soooooooo...not so shy afterall...

I think I am going to take this one personally and move on.

;)

Mike

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why not take a chance? Interrupt her, and ask her out. If she says no, then you know she's not interested.

"Excuse me, I know this is very forward, but you seem pretty interesting and I'd like to get to know you. How about a cup of coffee after your workout?"

No reason to try and covertly interpret her body language signals like an undercover ninja...

harrison9876

Don Juan
Reaction score
mmmmmmmmm...not really my style.

;)

Yeah, she seems interesting...but the eye contact thing, and body language made me sorta lose interest...and I do not want to be "another one of those guys" that hits on her in the gym.

;)

Mike

glass half full

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
likely your best chance. Helps to be seen hanging with other hot chicks, ups your value dramatically. This is what friendzone chicks come in handy for.