Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

So I have some free time.

Maximummax

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i am in between jobs. I prepare for interviews and take calls in between I have some free time now.

I would like to utilize this free time to learn new things and enlighten my self

Can you guys recommend some good YouTube videos /books

Topics can be from personality improvement, growing inner game
Redpill concepts about hobbies

:)

Cejay

Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you have any interest in computers? Specifically anything with data or programming?

CJ.

Maximummax

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Cejay said:
Do you have any interest in computers? Specifically anything with data or programming?

CJ.
Thanks for the response

I am an IT Guy
I am not in programming but the rest
pls tell me which tool/topic you are talking about

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I recently came across this recommendation by Dr. Neil Degrasse Tyson:

1.) The Bible (eBook) – “to learn that it’s easier to be told by others what to think and believe than it is to think for yourself.”

2.) The System of the World by Isaac Newton (eBook) – “to learn that the universe is a knowable place.”

3.) On the Origin of Species by Charles Darwin (eBook – Audio Book) – “to learn of our kinship with all other life on Earth.”

4.) Gulliver’s Travels by Jonathan Swift (eBook – Audio Book) – “to learn, among other satirical lessons, that most of the time humans are Yahoos.”

5.) The Age of Reason by Thomas Paine (eBook – Audio Book) – “to learn how the power of rational thought is the primary source of freedom in the world.”

6.) The Wealth of Nations by Adam Smith (eBook – Audio Book) – “to learn that capitalism is an economy of greed, a force of nature unto itself.”

7.) The Art of War by Sun Tsu (eBook – Audio Book) – “to learn that the act of killing fellow humans can be raised to an art.”

8.) The Prince by Machiavelli (eBook – Audio Book) – “to learn that people not in power will do all they can to acquire it, and people in power will do all they can to keep it.”

Tyson concludes by saying: “If you read all of the above works you will glean profound insight into most of what has driven the history of the western world.”

Cejay

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're already an IT guy (I am too) then it somewhat depends where you are in IT but here are some ideas without knowing where you are in IT.

Pick up a programming language, Python, something .net, Java.

Learn to code apps (see the "pay what you want" courses on DudeIwantthat or similar)

Get involved with an Open Source project, there are more jobs than coding.

Learn Hadoop (coding or set up), Hortonworks has free DLs of a sandbox and lessons. Cloudera likely does too.

Play with Pupet or Chef or both.

Learn Azure or AWS. Learn Powershell or a language to deploy infrastructure.

Lots of interesting Data Science/Machine Learning courses on Coursera (free or cheap)

Lots of good courses on Pluralsight. Anything data science is hot right now. Analytics can be fun. If you like analytics, pick up R.

Cassandra is kind of hot right now too, so learning that.

Pick up databases, MySQL (hot), SQL Server, Oracle are all good ones. PostgeSQL could be fun.

Microsoft seams to have a lot of free learning around Azure.

PM me if you'd like to go more in depth.

CJ.

sodbuster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd look at Money by Tony Robbins.... decent read, good primer. Just DON'T buy the bonds he's recommending. With our debt, the owners will get stiffed one way or another.

Mr Money Mustache blog. He's going his own way with finances.....

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do some jits. I think you box if I remember correctly.

BJJ is a mind and body workout.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm going to agree with the suggestion to learn another human language. You can open up all kinds of new doors not only with regards to work, but with regards to foreign women.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
+1 for a foreign language. Tech is disposable people and culture always matter. Go get a coffee in their area and practice simple phrases. Gets u out of the house and keep s u motivated to learn. And currently u can go in quiet times wen they ll b more patient.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BTW MM if u do wanna do some tech PD I d suggest some architecture books download and then skim read them. Won't be take much time and people who understand the big picture on projects r always useful.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I m out of date. But suggestions
Art and science of systems administration
Top down network design
Time management for systems administrators
And some cloud book that covers data integration and federated identity

Of course YouTube msdn whatever but that should b yr base curriculum.
Don't know yr level apologies if this is too basic.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
At interview concentrate on body language saying nice things about the company, let them do most talking and being likeable. Like u were building rapport with a woman. In interviews nice guys finish first. That's very DJ so yr probably far more expert than moi.

Maximummax

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ubercat said:
At interview concentrate on body language saying nice things about the company, let them do most talking and being likeable. Like u were building rapport with a woman. In interviews nice guys finish first. That's very DJ so yr probably far more expert than moi.

Thank you

I am opening a thread somewhat related to this topic

mangotot

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
VladPatton said:
I recently came across this recommendation by Dr. Neil Degrasse Tyson:

1.) The Bible (eBook) – “to learn that it’s easier to be told by others what to think and believe than it is to think for yourself.”

2.) The System of the World by Isaac Newton (eBook) – “to learn that the universe is a knowable place.”

3.) On the Origin of Species by Charles Darwin (eBook – Audio Book) – “to learn of our kinship with all other life on Earth.”

4.) Gulliver’s Travels by Jonathan Swift (eBook – Audio Book) – “to learn, among other satirical lessons, that most of the time humans are Yahoos.”

5.) The Age of Reason by Thomas Paine (eBook – Audio Book) – “to learn how the power of rational thought is the primary source of freedom in the world.”

6.) The Wealth of Nations by Adam Smith (eBook – Audio Book) – “to learn that capitalism is an economy of greed, a force of nature unto itself.”

7.) The Art of War by Sun Tsu (eBook – Audio Book) – “to learn that the act of killing fellow humans can be raised to an art.”

8.) The Prince by Machiavelli (eBook – Audio Book) – “to learn that people not in power will do all they can to acquire it, and people in power will do all they can to keep it.”

Tyson concludes by saying: “If you read all of the above works you will glean profound insight into most of what has driven the history of the western world.”
Thanks bro.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So MM - I'm curious - of all the wish list we gave you - what did u choose?