Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Armed Guards at Church

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've actually been to this church...once...before they moved into the old Wal-Mart. I had a gf who dragged me. They are the people-pleasing church, doing only what attracts the most members. They have a horrible band with way, way too many people in it. There were about a half-dozen people shaking tambourines in the back. They must have been the ones who were not in band in junior high. Of the 3-hour service, 30 min had anything to do with the bible, and that was stretching about 30 seconds of knowledge into a 30-minute sermon.

http://www.kfvs12.com/story/29373497/illinois-church-protects-congregation-with-armed-security-team

Illinois church protects congregation with armed security team

MARION, IL (KFVS) - The shooting deaths of nine people at the Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church in Charleston, South Carolina Wednesday has raised questions about safety in places of worship across America.

Cornerstone Church in Marion, Ill. is one church that takes measures to protect its worshipers.

Cornerstone has an armed security team made up of ex-military and police who watch over services. The team goes through special training and are all volunteers.

During regular services on Sunday nearly 1,000 people attend Cornerstone services.

Cornerstone's Assistant Church Pastor Jason Thrash said the tragedy in Charleston shows us that even churches have to be ready for anything.

“We have at Cornerstone we have determined that it's important that we protect our people," Thrash said. "So, we do have a protection team. We have a security team for our kids and for our children's programs and procedures for them."

“They were there worshiping god and here comes some one that wants to do harm to them," Thrash said. "That's just really sad that that's the place we are today.”

Cornerstone Church leaders say they want everyone to feel welcome.

“One thing that I keep hearing the word shooting," Thrash said. "When I go out and shoot my gun that's a shooting. This was a killing.”

Pastor Thrash said his security team and other churches can learn a lot from what happened in Charleston, but they pray nothing like that ever happens again.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
American culture is violent and polluted with weaponry. There are so many guns in circulation that I dont even know what gun regulation reform would do to stem the loss of life.

Its a damn shame really. Because of mass gun manufacture and lax regulations on gun sales and distribution for generations, theres really no easy solution to our safety problem.

Our country really shouldnt have ever let our gun and violence problem get this bad to begin with. Hopefully things get better...but it likely wont be in our lifetimes to see if America is able to become as safe as other first world nations.

Fatal Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Danger said:
If you take away the gangs, our gun deaths are similar to most other western nations.

We don't have a gun problem, we have a gang problem.
Which gangs are you speaking on? If you mean police gangs then yeah sure, because street gangs murders have actually gone down.

amoka

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yet once again god failed to protect his own people in "his house"

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fatal Jay said:
Which gangs are you speaking on? If you mean police gangs then yeah sure, because street gangs murders have actually gone down.
Not to mention that mass shootings happen in the USA at a far higher per capita rate than even places like China which has a much higher population than ours.

People in other developed Western nations look at America as a super violent and dangerous place because of how super rare it is for them to have mass shootings in their home nations.

Fatal Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jaylan said:
Not to mention that mass shootings happen in the USA at a far higher per capita rate than even places like China which has a much higher population than ours.

People in other developed Western nations look at America as a super violent and dangerous place because of how super rare it is for them to have mass shootings in their home nations.
BINGO!

look at all the mass shootings compared to other places in the world, yet we fight terrorist? lol

I always found it weird that mass shooters and bombers live, and gangs members or trouble youth are killed over petty crimes

police gangs

Maximus Rex

Banned
Reaction score
The Problem isn't Guns

Jaylan said:
American culture is violent and polluted with weaponry. There are so many guns in circulation that I dont even know what gun regulation reform would do to stem the loss of life.
We don't need more gun regulation. Any citizen who is mentally sound and without violent felonies or misdemeanors on his record should and ought to be able to carry a firearm on his person.

Jaylan said:
Its a damn shame really. Because of mass gun manufacture and lax regulations on gun sales and distribution for generations, theres really no easy solution to our safety problem.
The solution is quite simple, do what the Founding Fathers intended and allow the citizenry to arm themselves if they see fit.

DFW71

Banned
Reaction score
Danger said:
If you take away the gangs, our gun deaths are similar to most other western nations.

We don't have a gun problem, we have a gang problem.
Police need to have the leverage to be much tougher on gangs and other criminals.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fatal Jay said:
2,363 gang-related homicides in 2012 per Tictac's link.

400 deaths per year by the police in a 7-year study that finished in 2012. Link.

GET THE F*CK OUT OF HERE WITH YOUR IDIOCY. Who cares if they have gone down? The low was 1,659 in 2008, FOUR TIMES the rate of police-caused deaths.

How can we even ATTEMPT to have an honest debate, when posters like Fatal Jay are allowed to post? Complete disregard for facts.

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
speed dawg said:
2,363 gang-related homicides in 2012 per Tictac's link.

400 deaths per year by the police in a 7-year study that finished in 2012. Link.

GET THE F*CK OUT OF HERE WITH YOUR IDIOCY. Who cares if they have gone down? The low was 1,659 in 2008, FOUR TIMES the rate of police-caused deaths.
Your police death numbers are way low and flawed as your link even admits.

Here is a more emcompassing website detailing police murders from local reports. I suspect the number is even higher since at least a few murders don't receive much publicity but these numbers are not filtered by law enforcement silence.

http://killedbypolice.net/

2013 (from May 1st to December 31st): 767
2014 (from January 1st to December 31st): 1104
2015 (from January 1st to present): 550 and counting

Not as high as street gang deaths but that's not saying much. Not to negate gang deaths either, both are equally heinous. But one type of death is generally investigated and prosecuted vigorously while one is "cleared."

And that's why people get upset.

Tictac

Banned
Reaction score
Killed police.net is a Facebook page.

When you find a group that independently researches, analyzes and reports it data which can then be vetted let us know Fairshake.

I can start a Facebook page too.

Sheesh.

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tictac said:
Killed police.net is a Facebook page.

When you find a group that independently researches, analyzes and reports it data which can then be vetted let us know Fairshake.

I can start a Facebook page too.

Sheesh.
With links to "reputable" media stories.

Dig a little, learn a lot TicTac.

Tictac

Banned
Reaction score
The reason that The Washington Post, The New York Times and other newspapers of record say that the data on people shot by cops is not good is because it's not good.

Your Facebook page did not meet the journalistic standards of reputable newspapers or it would have been used. Do you really think people aren't trying to get a grip on this?

There is a difference between numbers and data.

I am not saying that there isn't a problem. I am saying that the data is poor.

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tictac said:
The reason that The Washington Post, The New York Times and other newspapers of record say that the data on people shot by cops is not good is because it's not good.
I agree. I think they have made police violence a crusade lately and, whatever their reasons for doing so, I appreciate it.

Your Facebook page did not meet the journalistic standards of reputable newspapers or it would have been used. Do you really think people aren't trying to get a grip on this?
The study used earlier used voluntarily shared information from police departments across the nation. The problem is only a fraction of police departments shared this information.

And yes, I think people are trying to get a grip on it. Especially because it's in the news and people are getting angry.

I am not saying that there isn't a problem. I am saying that the data is poor.
I agree. I think the widened scope means that Facebook gets this better than the extremely flawed study (which admits it's own flaws) but it's still likely short of the true mark.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
FairShake said:
Your police death numbers are way low and flawed as your link even admits.

Here is a more emcompassing website detailing police murders from local reports. I suspect the number is even higher since at least a few murders don't receive much publicity but these numbers are not filtered by law enforcement silence.

http://killedbypolice.net/

2013 (from May 1st to December 31st): 767
2014 (from January 1st to December 31st): 1104
2015 (from January 1st to present): 550 and counting

Not as high as street gang deaths but that's not saying much. Not to negate gang deaths either, both are equally heinous. But one type of death is generally investigated and prosecuted vigorously while one is "cleared."

And that's why people get upset.
Dude I can't fathom how you could argue this.

Even if your bogus link is correct, there are still over TWICE as many gang related deaths. Add to that that 75% of police killings are going to be justified by any objective party, probably more like 95%. The questionable ones like Trayvon and others are very much a small minority.

Complete lunacy by your side here, pal. You lose, get over it. You're part of an emotional agenda.

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
speed dawg said:
Complete lunacy by your side here, pal. You lose, get over it. You're part of an emotional agenda.
I think you're letting your emotions get the better of you here. In your effort to "win" you are making a meaningless argument. I am not saying police kill more than gangsters. I am saying they kill too many people and, just as egregiously, we aren't even sure how many they kill!

You are comparing cops and gangsters. Think about that for a second. You are touting that those who swear to uphold the law kill and protect the innocent kill less than those who swear to break the law and victimize the innocent. Is that the best we can do? A way-too-large amount of police officers cannot be defended on their own merit. They can't be defended by their own numbers on their own. You are defending them by saying "Hey, at least they aren't gangsters." Personally I want to hold them to a higher standard than twice as good as the lowest thugs in America.

As for your 95% I suppose that is subjective. But almost a third of black people killed by cops this year have been unarmed at the time of their shooting. I think many more than 5% of the cases are wrong. That's not even considering the potential of drop guns used by police like we saw attempted in North Charleston SC earlier this year.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/jun/01/black-americans-killed-by-police-analysis

LiveFreeX

Banned
Reaction score
I think you're letting your emotions get the better of you here. In your effort to "win" you are making a meaningless argument. I am not saying police kill more than gangsters. I am saying they kill too many people and, just as egregiously, we aren't even sure how many they kill!
Venezuela:

Population: 30,000,000

OVV researcher Alberto Camardiel told InSight Crime via e-mail that specifically, the OVV estimates the following for 2014:

There were 16,549 homicides in Venezuela -- a homicide rate of 54 for every 100,000 people.

There were 3,485 police killings -- a rate of about 11 for every 100,000 people.

There were 4,947 deaths of undetermined intent -- a rate of about 16 for every 100,000.

#DoLatinLivesMatter?

http://www.insightcrime.org/news-an...ng-the-most-dangerous-nation-in-latin-america

I think its a fairshake that Americans over react to Police related deaths.

Tictac

Banned
Reaction score
Fatal Jay said:

This is where the comparison of street gangs to 'police gangs' started.

And yes, it's crap.