Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Which Car Should I Get? 2015 Charger or Challenger?

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
So next year is the time for me to update my current car unit.

For reference, this is the car I have currently:

http://s1299.photobucket.com/user/Tenacity99/slideshow/Dodge Avenger SXT

I got this immediately last year just to continue my "car cycle" after my Dodge Charger got flooded out in August 2014. This was my Charger right here:

http://s1299.photobucket.com/user/Tenacity99/slideshow/Dodge Avenger SXT/Dodge Charger SXT

So next year I'm going to get the 2015 Dodge Charger or Dodge Challenger, and I'm stuck on which one to get? I'm pretty much paying out of pocket for the unit as my current Car is 100% paid off (also from out of pocket).

Chicks say that I should get the Dodge Challenger as the new look of the Dodge Charger they say isn't that "good". Just about every chick says get the Dodge Challenger.

I would be looking at keeping my blue color and putting on my chrome accessories, etc. For the tires, they would probably be 22 inchs but I might try 24 inches to see how they work. The custom rim shop where I buy rims says that for Chargers or Challengers you shouldn't go over 22 inches and I had 22 inches on my Charger. But I want to try something different this time, I don't think 24 inches will "hurt" will it?

Tictac

Banned
Reaction score
Chargers are for LEOs and granddads. What is has going for it is real 4 passenger capabilities matched to a very good engine/driveline if you get at least the 5.7 Liter "Hemi".

Get a Challenger. It's smaller. I drove one (RT version)as a rental. Wouldn't work for me as an everyday car. But it was a screamer.

Skyline

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Get an SRT8 Challenger, you can get one used for about $30k. The Challenger has a ton of back room space for passengers. Obviously you're looking for a big and powerful car, not sure how much of a driving enthusiast you are, but the SRT8 Challenger is the best enthusiast car Dodge(besides the Viper) has.

Don't even look at the R/T Challenger, it's junk compared to the SRT8 model, spend that extra $10k on the SRT8.

If you have a family, the Charger R/T(even SRT) will be better in the long run.

It all really comes down to if you want to have a thrill on your commute.

Oh yeah the rims, get 22" or smaller. The thing about rims is that they add rotational weight to your car in ALL four wheels, my rims weigh 25~lbs each and the are 18". On each wheel, that's 100lbs of added rotational weight. Meaning when I drive I'm loosing around 15HP, it doesn't seem like a lot but when you get lighter rims, let's say around 18lbs~, you'll notice a difference.

Just remember, your car has to supply power for everything that is in your car including you. Since you are not moving inside of the car it's easier to supply power for you. But since you're adding rotational weight, your car has to supply more torque thus more gas.

Another thing is tire and even rim damage, the rims can bounce back and forth on your tire causing the outer tire to wear out and probably cause a tear. Since your rims are chrome, you'll notice black streaks on the outer part of your rim. That's your tire rubbing off on it. This happens because heat expands the tire when you drive, you can't see this happen because we simply can't see the wheel spinning that fast in slow motion. You could put Nitrogen in your tires to prevent excessive hot air in your tire, but your tire will still expand nonetheless.

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Challenger all the way.

Guy I work with has the R/T and I wouldn't say it's junk. It's pretty badass and definitely throws your head back when he punches it.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
Guys, thanks a lot for the replies. So what about the SXT Plus model? It has the V6 in it.

I'm not the type of guy that does racing down the street, so the V8 is not something that I need to have because I will never use it in terms of needing to accelerate that fast.

Also I'm going to put my chrome accessories on, so how do you guys feel about just the SXT Plus model?

This guy did a good comparison here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G81JGbxl4E

Skyline

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tenacity said:
Guys, thanks a lot for the replies. So what about the SXT Plus model? It has the V6 in it.

I'm not the type of guy that does racing down the street, so the V8 is not something that I need to have because I will never use it in terms of needing to accelerate that fast.

Also I'm going to put my chrome accessories on, so how do you guys feel about just the SXT Plus model?

This guy did a good comparison here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G81JGbxl4E
Yeah, that'll be perfect. You'll get better gas as well and more than enough space. You're basically driving an SUV in sedan form with that Charger. Just be aware that the 2015 Charger is a lot bigger than the one you currently have.

Skyline

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
http://www.classiccarliquidators.co.../1969/Firebird-Convertible/223679N115229/1838

I like my choice a lot better. If you're trying to use a car to look cool, then get into cars enough to pick out something really unique. Don't just buy the shiniest thing at the Dodge dealership and slap giant rims on it.
I thought about a Lexus IS-F. Test drive one the other day, it's very quick and handles incredible- almost better than the M3! Definitely a sleeper for sure, I averaged 17MPG to. The second air intake opening was so brutal as well... Japan needs to make more performance V8's!

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tenacity said:

If you are buying a Challenger you aren't buying it for practicality, fuel economy, or because it makes sense. You are buying it because it's kick ass, cool, and fun.

The Challenger is a HEAVY car and a V6 doesn't make sense. I'm guessing the V6 Challenger resale value will be poor in the future. Get the V8 or get something else.

If you want the best of both worlds in American muscle get the V6 Camaro. Still damn fast and blows away the V6 Challenger.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
Wanted to update this thread.

So it's time for me to buy another car. I'm going to trade in or sell the Avenger and I have narrowed the choices down to either the Dodge Challenger or the Chevy Camaro.

- Car will be either a 2013 or 2014

- Purchase price less than $20k

- Solid all around, good car fax, etc.

- I'm going to chrome it out like I always do

I'm getting feedback from women that either car can work and either is "sexy", but I would like to hold this car for at least 6 - 7 years until 2022 or maybe even 2023, before buying another one. So I need to buy something that will relatively keep its cool factor, newer models for 2017 - 2020 won't be significantly different, and even if they make a totally different looking model in let's say 2020, my car will still be "in style".

Of these two choices, which one would you guys get? Also I'm going with the V-6 because I just don't need the V-8, I understand that it makes that "sound" that's supposedly sexy, it's great for racing, etc., but I'm just not going that route.

expos

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have the Challenger R/T Plus. Beautiful vehicle.

PS - never buy a car to impress people, especially women. Most women don't know the difference between a V6 or a V8 and certainly can't tell you anything about a Hemi.

PrettyBoyAJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^Same here. I have a Challenger R/T

I don't see the point of getting a sports car if your going to get the base 6 cylinder. Makes absolutely no sense. The value is pretty much worthless and the car will be sluggish.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I still say get a nice pickup truck. Nothing screams mascilinity like a truck. Sports cars are just cars for kids.

Skyline

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wanted to update this thread.

So it's time for me to buy another car. I'm going to trade in or sell the Avenger and I have narrowed the choices down to either the Dodge Challenger or the Chevy Camaro.

- Car will be either a 2013 or 2014

- Purchase price less than $20k

- Solid all around, good car fax, etc.

- I'm going to chrome it out like I always do

I'm getting feedback from women that either car can work and either is "sexy", but I would like to hold this car for at least 6 - 7 years until 2022 or maybe even 2023, before buying another one. So I need to buy something that will relatively keep its cool factor, newer models for 2017 - 2020 won't be significantly different, and even if they make a totally different looking model in let's say 2020, my car will still be "in style".

Of these two choices, which one would you guys get? Also I'm going with the V-6 because I just don't need the V-8, I understand that it makes that "sound" that's supposedly sexy, it's great for racing, etc., but I'm just not going that route.
Performance wise and tuning wise, the fifth and sixth generation Camaro's LS3/LT4 motors are fantastic. Cabin space wise and practicability wise not so much... The Challeneger has a ridiculous amount of space in the cabin, can easily fit 3 6ft+ males in the back. But the Challenger does handle like a 2 ton truck.

I would honestly go with the Charger especially if you want a six cylinder. It's basically a 4 door Challenger.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
I have the Challenger R/T Plus. Beautiful vehicle.

PS - never buy a car to impress people, especially women. Most women don't know the difference between a V6 or a V8 and certainly can't tell you anything about a Hemi.
^Same here. I have a Challenger R/T

I don't see the point of getting a sports car if your going to get the base 6 cylinder. Makes absolutely no sense. The value is pretty much worthless and the car will be sluggish.
Guys help me understand this. So what is really the difference between the V-6 and the V-8? All I'm hearing is about "power", which is basically I'm sitting at a stop light and I rev the engine which makes that aggressive "sound". Then there's the racing down the highway aspect.

- I would never race down the highway, it's dangerous, I don't want a ticket and remember I buy 22 inch chrome tires. You can't race with 22 inch chrome tires on there like that, or at least you wouldn't want to for the most part?

- The sitting at the stop light revving on the engine would be cool, but I'm not sure if I would just be doing that all of the time for the hell of it.

So the only value I would get are those very infrequent revving up the engine moments, in exchange I'm going to be paying $5,000 more for the car itself and the gas costs are going to increase to I would say at least $250 - $400 more a year depending on gas costs I would say.

Am I missing something else here? I had my V-6 Charger and had no issues with it because my main purpose is to style the car out for the LOOK of it.

But what else am I missing? You guys mentioned resale value, I plan on keeping this next car until about 2022 - 2023 then trading it in for something else. Are you saying a V-6 Camaro or V-6 Challenger won't hold their value as a V-8 does? So if I bought a 2013 V-8 Challenger here in 2016, are you saying it's going to hold its value longer or something? What do you mean by higher resale value other than the fact that I paid $5k more for it so thus, I should get a higher resale amount due to the higher price of the vehicle in general?

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
Also from what I've researched, I could buy the V-6 and add power to it that would beat out a V-8 on the road. The power addition (from what I've researched) would cost far less than $5,000 - $7,000 (or more) in the higher purchase price for the V-8.

Just wanted more information on this discussion because it's pretty heated across the internet.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're obviously not a car guy. Just get the V6. And leave it alone, no mods.

Those giant rims are like a big sign to cops that says, "I dare you to fvck with me!" Have fun with that.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
BB that's how I get down though lol. I had the 22's on my Charger, I only got 20's on the Avenger because it's a smaller car. Here's the Charger again: http://s1299.photobucket.com/user/Tenacity99/slideshow/Dodge Avenger SXT/Dodge Charger SXT

I'll tell you guys what I'm leaning towards:

- 2014 Chevy Camaro V6

- Victory Red

- Seen a couple of units with 14k - 30k miles on them

- Purchase price anywhere from $15k - $17k

- I'm trading in the Avenger with chrome tire package, not sure what I will get back but hoping to knock $9k - $10k off the price tag

- Then I'll add in all chrome accessories including having the dealer keep their stock tires and give me the chrome tires. I'll keep the same winter tires I've been using for my Charger and Avenger for the Camaro.

I pay out of pocket, I don't do car notes. so when it's all set and done, looking to write a $6k - $9k check for the car purchase and be done. I want to hold this until about late 2022 or early 2023 for about 7 years, then I'll update to another car at that time.