Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Booze

OlympicTim

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys I just turned 19 and i'm getting sick of drinking the same old coors lights and fireball whiskey.

Any good brands (can be hard liqour, wine or beer) that you would recommend. I like in ontario canada so I have to buy from the lcbo so that might affect what I can get but give me some recomendations

logicallefty

Reaction score
I go for Blue Moon Beer these days.. Tall, cold, and with an orange in it. I've been through phases of different beers over the years; Miller Lite, Guinness, Bud Lite Lime, MGD, and now Blue Moon. I'm like you I drink one for a while and then get tired of it.. Can't help you on anything else as I only drink beer and maybe 3-4 bloody marys per year. I don't handle hard liquor well at all.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Back when I was a drinker, Canadian Mist and Black Velvet were a couple of favorites. Rocks or straight.

Tictac

Banned
Reaction score
These things are very personal. They are also transient. What you like now will lead to different preferences later.

Much as I was a single malt Scotch Whiskey drinker for years, for the past several years, I've been liking bourbon and rye.

And this has been a margarita and tequila summer for me. Just feels right.

Try different stuff. Just stay away from chick drinks with sickening sweet or heavy liquors or umbrellas and such.

And Fireball is definitely a beginner's preference.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I enjoy the occasional bourbon, usually in an Old Fashioned. Jim Beam or Maker's Mark are pretty good (and affordable) brands.

As for beer, I like mine on the hoppy side, IPAs. I know that's trendy but it's what I enjoy. There are thousands of breweries North America, so go to a store with a good selection and start trying different things.

Same for wine. I would spend US $12 and up on a bottle. You don't have to go nuts on price but have a price floor so you don't get crap. Make sure the label has no ferocious animals on it - that's a bad sign. :crackup: Easy-to-drink wines include reds like Pinot Noir, Tempranillo, and Chianti. They're light and not too dry usually. Whites like Chardonnay and Pinot Grigio can be good too. I'm no expert, just telling you what I like. Of course there are sweet/desert wines like Moscato and Port. Not my cup of tea though. The occasional sparkling wine is good - sparkling rose, Prosecco, and of course Champagne. Women love those so keep a bottle chilled.

For a simple bar, get the following basics:

- 1 bottle of Angostura bitters
- 1 shaker
- 1 muddler
- 1 small ice bucket with tongs
- Set of wine, champagne, and highball glasses. You can get things like this cheap at stores like Burlington Coat Factory (in the US anyway) or Target.
- Some beer pint glasses.
- Bottles of: Bourbon, tequila, vodka, and rum.
- A copy of Mr. Boston.
- Miscellany like orange peeler, small sugar bowl, mixing straws, jar of maraschino cherries, a couple of small things of orange juice, etc.

If you want a simple "bar," look on sites like O.co for baker's racks. I bought a faux wrought iron baker's rack for around $100 there. It has a wine rack, and plenty of space for everything described above, but takes up very little space overall.

Bottoms up! Have fun.

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tanqueray Gin. Pinnacle Gin. Foster's.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My ex-wife is from St Lucia. Mt Gay is made in Barbados, a neighboring island, so it was the cheap rum in St Lucia, $6 a bottle. I drank a bit of it there, enough to know it is some cheap rotgut stuff. Myers is much better, quality-wise. You won't go back.

PoonGod

Banned
Reaction score
MidnightCity said:
ive still yet to try a dark rum.

mount gay rum and coke has always been a staple of mine. i also really like captain morgan spiced rum and pepsi. the Mt. gay rum really shines as a mixing rum tho

i also like bulleit.

higher end you cant beat a mcallan. most ill ever spend on is a 12. lagavulin is nice and smokey. and laphroaig....well lets just say you should try that at least once. to get an idea of what it tastes like, this is where the flavor comes from

http://whiskytastings.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/modern-peat-cutting.jpg
Nice.

Myers is a good dark rum. Captain and Coke is good.

Knob Creek or Makers Mark with either ginger ale or Dr. Pepper is really good.

McCallan, Glen Livit, Glen Fiddich are good scotch. Lagauvlin I just bought. Very good.

Bullet is good too.