Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Tatoo ideas?

Maximus Rex

Banned
Reaction score
Tattoos Are Trite

The DJ lifestyle is suppose to be about being your own man and going against the grain. Tats are so common place that by merely having one only it shows how great your desire to be like everybody is. If you want to stand out and be different (assuming that you haven't,) join a gym, get buff, and remain ink free.

Last edited:

Skyline

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My friend has some phrase tatted on his chest,and I think it's a pretty feminine thing to do, unless it's a gang thing but it clearly isn't. I wouldn't get words tatted on me unless I was in a gang nor would I get more than one tattoo.

Everyone has their preferences though...

amazingswayze

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm going to stay ink-free until I have an epiphany. I want to be absolutely sure of what goes on my body. It needs some serious meaning. Nobody needs a tattoo. It won't be a big deal to you after a while. Do what you wish, but just make sure you won't regret it.

You don't need a tattoo.

convict24

Don Juan
Reaction score
Kinda sounds like me at one point. "Should I get one or not" "what do I get"

"I don't have a clue and I'm not a whole lot into tatoos. Very few people seem to have any kind of quality work. I do like hot girls with GOOD tattoo's if they can pull it off."

Not for me! Why am i going to do something IM not into... Is it going to make me happy, definitely not. I like what Rex said!

BrainDamage92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like people with tatoos. I always tell them "Ah, I would never get one, I dont see a point in masochism"

And then grab some popcorn and watch the ****storm. People with tats can never accept someone might not like tats much like religious fanatics.

Also, mostly women, get addicted to the pain.

See tats used to mean something - for example that you belong to a certain group\tribe. Or later they were reserved for hoes, sailors and prisoners.

You know best, just dont get "Only God can judge me" with a spelling error and youll be fine

piranha45

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tattoos deteriorate soooo badly with age...

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My tattoo idea is not to get one.

Reykhel

Banned
Reaction score
MidnightCity said:
as someone with tattoos allow me to give my 2 cents.

without trying to give a history lesson here, tattoos certainly do seem out of place in a socioeconomic world and they certainly can work against you in some obivious situations but with that being said.....

just like the rest of our hard-wiring, its a right of passage that seems to be ingrained in our dna and something that cant be completely escaped no matter how hard we try or pretend to. men and women pride themselves on their free will, but are we not all subject to our most primal instincts/desires?

to me tattoos signal experience, strength, fortitude, maturity, and confidence.
of course i dont disagree that most people today seem to get them on whims without really udnerstanding the depth of what theyre getting themselves into or how much its going to affect them, but this is the world we live in and nothing will change that but thats why i feel that your ink should be earned.

near death experience? you earned it.
you belong to a crew and you mean it? get a tat.
youve spent countless hours at sea? get a tat
you love your kids? get a tat.
you sell drugs for a living? get a tat
you truly love art and see your body as a canvas? get a tat

you want to impress girls? dont get a tat
you want to look like a G? dont get a tat
you have a career that depends on your rep or plan to? dont get a tat
40 year old white guy thats never been into metal or rap? dont get a tat
etc etc

understand that there is def downsides to getting ink. a white hipster with a nice star wars piece probably has little to worry about. but if youre a minority walking down the wrong block with some lettering that requires closer inspection, you can expect to get questioned by the restless natives.

dont get inked up just because (unless thats the type of peson you are) and certainly dont let other people without tattoos tell you not. they have their reasons for not getting any just like those of us who have them have ours for having gotten them
Excellent, well balanced answer.

I think with the a dj goes against the grain answer...if you're purposely going against the crowd....are you not really being controlled because your merely "reacting" to what every body is supposedly doing? Rather than making an objective decision based on what you want to do?

I personally like tattoos. Well not all tattoos. I'm not a fan of any kind of writing. What I do specifically like are sleeves. Well done sleeves. I actually can't stop looking when I see a well done sleeve. I see them as art and they captivate my attention. The likes of Lionel Messi the Argentinian footballer who plays for Barcelona springs to mind...he recently got sleeved on one arm....a top tattoo artist did it and there's a 'story' behind it.....well mainly due to his love of Catalonia....theres designs on it that are similar to the Sagrada Familia in Barcelona and a lotus flower which represents a rare talent...which the boy clearly is. Oddly enough I think it improves his appearance....I remember someone saying to me (a 50 year old bloke) "I can't believe he got that...he was such a nice boy before" :crackup:

Anyway, I don't think the specifically "have" to mean anything. I'm in to art and I feel if the art inspires you in any way and you like a particular piece...it's good enough.

It's all a question to personal taste

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0854438/quotes

Butt-Head: Hey Beavis. I bet when we get that reward money, we can like, see that movie about stiffies, and we can like, pay for our own tattoos.

Beavis: Yeah! Then we'll be cool.

Butt-Head: I'll get a tattoo of a butt.

Beavis: I'll get a tattoo of a butt *on* my butt!

Butt-Head: Oh yeah?

Beavis: Yeah!

Butt-Head: Well I'll get a tattoo of a butt that has a butt-shaped tattoo on it, and I'll get it right on my butt! That would be cool.

Beavis: [briefly pauses] Yeah, me too.

Skyline

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OP, you can always get a temporary tat and see how it goes. Pretty sure they're cheaper to do anyways.