Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

High Point Guns: Pros and Cons

SAYNO

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been researching these guns for about a week, wanted to discuss with anyone who has experience using these and what guns are recommended for conceal carry, I'm sure prison /con ought to be able to shed some light.

Pros:

1. Very inexpensive
2. Accurate
3. Lifetime Warranty
4 simple to use low recoiling

Cons:

1. Too big and bulky for concealed carry
2. Over sensitivity to various ammunition
3. Breakdown/disassembly overly tedious
4. Some random problems on jamming/misfires and misc chamber issues

Feel free to add to either list..

Reaction score
I've heard good things about them, but they are too big and heavy for me to bother with. I mean, if you can't afford another $200 for a Star BM 9mm, you'd better stick with a .22lr, cause you can't afford enough centerfire ammo to be adequately skilled with it. 9mm is 25c per shot and you need to fire at least 3000 rds per year to maintain skill levels,and probably at least 6k to gain that skill in the first place. that's $1500 man. So really, why bother with a $150 hi-point pistol? their 9mm carbine, tho, aint bad.

piranha45

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is your budget really that limited? Why not just get a glock for $200 more?

Reaction score
I think a glock (new, at least) is more like $400 more than a hi point but it shouldn't matter. if you're that hard up for money, better stick with a Phoenix Arms HP22. good youtube vids about it. the 3" barreled variant is pocket sized, the 5" barrel is almost rifle-like in its accuracy. the "adjustable' sight, I had to loctite after I got it zeroed on the target. it has way too much "slop" in its "clicks".

GS750

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Save your money. Hi points are pieces of sh*t. There are a lot of guns you could buy, preowned, that would be better than buying a new Hi Point. Used Glocks, Smith and Wesson M&P, and Springfield Armory can be had for around $350-$400. Don't waste your money on a cheapo firearm. Buy something with a proven track record. Don't buy the Pinto of firearms.

As an example: http://summitgunbroker.com/22--349.html Glock 22 police trade in .40.

I don't know this dealer personally, but I've heard nothing but good things from people who have dealt with them.

Reaction score
check out Cierner Firearms and Twisted Industries. Don't buy a centerfire pistol for which there's no .22lr conversion unit. if you are not going to reload your own ammo, stick with .22lr, cause you can't afford to shoot enough centerfire ammo (ie, 5000 rds ) to get skilled enough, nor the 3000 rds per year needed to stay skilled.

http://www.22lrconversions.com/

http://twisted.industries/

note that ciener makes .22 units for AR15's, Mini-14's and AK's, even 30cal ak's (but not .20cal aks's) the 223 AK is easiest, since there's no need of a rifled barrel liner to let 22lr's be accurate in a 223 barrel. The very thin walled .22lr liner for the .30 Cal is a bad idea, in my book. There''s not a single rd of AK ammo in the US NG or military arsenals. If shtf, That ammo will be stolen and bartered, by the people who currently hold the keys.

GS750

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ciener makes a 22 conversion for the glock 19.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're going to carry concealed, keep in mind that the minimum safe distance, depending on the study, is as much as 18 feet. That number is from an FBI study. That's the distance you have to be away from the other person to use the gun without getting hurt. It takes a while to bleed out from bullet holes, and your assailant can still stab you with a knife and kill you before he bleeds out. Prison guards don't carry guns around inmates, because it is too easy to get overpowered and have the weapon taken away.

I'm not anti-gun, but I'm against the false sense of security that so many people have with them. If you're carrying, and you decide to use that gun, you had damn well better start shooting before anyone else realizes you have the gun. There is no waving it around, subduing people at close range, like on TV and in movies. Do that to me, and I'm going to knock it aside, break the arm that is holding it, and take it away from you. Your gun can get you killed just as easily as it can save your life.

SAYNO

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
If you're going to carry concealed, keep in mind that the minimum safe distance, depending on the study, is as much as 18 feet. That number is from an FBI study. That's the distance you have to be away from the other person to use the gun without getting hurt. It takes a while to bleed out from bullet holes, and your assailant can still stab you with a knife and kill you before he bleeds out. Prison guards don't carry guns around inmates, because it is too easy to get overpowered and have the weapon taken away.

I'm not anti-gun, but I'm against the false sense of security that so many people have with them. If you're carrying, and you decide to use that gun, you had damn well better start shooting before anyone else realizes you have the gun. There is no waving it around, subduing people at close range, like on TV and in movies. Do that to me, and I'm going to knock it aside, break the arm that is holding it, and take it away from you. Your gun can get you killed just as easily as it can save your life.
Bingo Bango! Truth, but I've never concealed carry, I always used my fists, and I certainly don't walk around threating people, I'm old school in that I believe in respecting people until they disrespect me. Like I've mentioned in other posts, I chose not to carry because I used to have an extremely bad temper, but ive worked on it and I think I'm ready.:yes: