Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I think I have some kind of fetish for those 90s-00s wrestlers

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dont get me wrong its nothing sexual except of course for wwe divas like torrie wilson or stacy keibler.

Sometime I watch old clips from wwe mostly from late 90s to mid 00s, then I stop since it lost most of the quality and the new wrestlers were getting bigger and stronger but lame when it came of storylines or charisma.

I recall that when I started lifting back in 2003 with my friends from hich school we were all thinking about those guys, from their muscular bodies that were well made and huge (but not ugly as pro bodybuilders) to their c0cky attitudes and overconfidence.

I clearly remember shawn michales (my arms are as big as his in his biggest moment), chris jericho which were my favourite, then stone cold, goldberg, triple H, but these last ones altought physically bigger never made me wanted to be like them in terms of charisma or attitude.

Its quite funny I looked on google for some pictures of jericho and shawn michales back then and my arms are now the same size of theirs, quite a satisfaction if I have to be honest, also the way I deal with some people outside professional field kinda remind theirs altought not so exagerated, with women its pretty much the same.

Just wonder how that entertainment influenced my psychological foundation, never really cared about being famous or being a singer or an actor or whatever but I always liked those guys.

Just a clip to explain myself better
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7thUp8uTm18

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can sort of relate. But for me it was when I was 8-12 years old and before puberty, I'd watch 80's early 90's wrestling and look up to these big muscular men in their mid 20's and 30's. They were ****y and arrogant and not afraid of anyone and had no problem standing up to and telling off their adversaries. Guys like Rowdy Roddy Piper, Ted Dibiase, Ric Flair etc were pure entertainment to me then. I wanted be more like them when dealing with the bullies and jerks one had to deal with in grade school.

Around the same time, maybe more as a teen I sort of looked up to some rocker bands. I thought David Lee Roth and Van Halen were cool as fvck. They all looked good at least on magazine and album covers and had all these hot ass women pining over them. Women use to still be crazy about rockers back then. I still think David Lee Roth was cool https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2CyQ7Eslg4, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GMoLENWsSk,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN-4lX0QyZc

Fatal Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I grew up on the 90's and 00s wrestler myself

but truth be told, these current wrestlers are on the road to being legendary themselves you just have to get off that porch with your cane and stop shaking it at the youth

telling them they don't know good music or wrestlers or whatever.

That's a true sign of getting older when people start saying that. I have been guilty of it too, but these new wrestlers are really good

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Todays era is just different. The mid 90s to early 00s was the PG-13 era of wrestling. We had the Attitude Era in the WWF/WWE...we had the NWO in the WCW...we have the ECW with its Mature rated wrestling...etc.

Nowadays wrestling has gone back to the way it was in the 80s and early 90s. Its a lot of kid friendly, campy gimmicks and a ton of corny jokes. And the WWE pretty much has a monopoly on pro wrestling in America...since they bought WCW and ECW a decade ago. That was their sole competition really.

There is still TNA wrestling...but they lost their chance to really compete...and have kinda gone soft themselves and dont push the envelope much. When they started, it was like 90s style wrestling...with a lot of storylines aimed at teens and adults...strong heavyweights mixed with a bunch of good high flying wrestlers as well. But now they went the same route the WWE went...and now want to be more family friendly.

Today if you really want to see wrestling aimed at adults, or if you want to see hardcore matches, or matches with high flying acrobatics, you have to go look at indie wrestling or foreign wrestling. Japanese wrestling is actually very entertaining...even the women wrestle fantastically. The sad part about American wrestling today is that everything is too revolved around safety. Safe characters, safe storylines, safer movesets for the wrestlers (a lot of moves are banned)...hence less risks overall and personally I feel this did kill the entertainment for many who watched back in the 90s.

Over the last 13 years the WWE gradually killed off PG-13 storylines, risque characters, high flying wrestling, hardcore matches, and devolved the Divas into basically being bimbos who could barely perform in the ring. American wrestling is pretty lame now. If I ever do get the itch to watch wrestling, its been old matches, or watching Japanese wrestling.

Maybe the WWE will change again one day....but who knows. Like Fatal Jay said...for now we are just old fogies looking fondly into the past. The 90s and early 00s were great times to be a wrestling fan. Time will tell how the WWE turns over once Vince, HHH, etc are too old to run the company.

PS - DDP was my favorite heavyweight...and I loved the diamond cutter move and the pose for it. The Hardyz were my favorite light weights. I thought they were so cool with the tattoos, dark clothes, and high flying action. Wrestlers were as big, if not bigger than many pro sports stars back in the day. They were house hold names. Not anymore.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
There wasn't a time when wrestling was PG-13, the mid 1990's to early 2000's had the WWF at TV-14 (Attitude Era) and WCW was rated PG during the entire time. It's one of the reasons why WWF eventually beat WCW in the ratings, as it was because WWF was able to go "further" with the edgy television than WCW was.

WWE (WWF) went PG due to the fact that they were publicly traded, wanted to cater more to kids which they feel are the future of the product, as well as to be able to expand their partnerships and sponsors. WWE went PG in about 2006/2007. It's worked as they have been at or above $400 million annual revenues since going to PG and in 2014, they had their highest annual revenue year ever with $542 million.

In terms of revenue, WWE is the biggest its ever been. The product has just been very boring, but the company has been able to expand into so many distribution channels and partnerships that I honestly don't think they care how "exciting" the product is unless we are talking Wrestlemania.

But I think that seeing as though the WWE Network is their main operating strategy going forward, the sell of the Network is getting the $50 - $60 pay-per-views for only $10. In order to get those subscriber numbers to 2 million plus, they are going to have to make the general on-air product more exciting so people care MORE about seeing the pay-per-views and will thus opt to only pay $10 rather than $50 (sign up for the Network).

Raw gets about 4.2 million viewers and Smackdown gets about 2.7 million viewers. They need to boost Raw to 5.5 million every week and Smackdown to about 4 million every week, then they should easily hit those 2 million Network subscribers. And I'm talking paid subscribers, because they have been doing this free month specials for awhile and I have been a paying subscriber since the Network came out in February 2014. I feel kind of cheated lol.

They don't have to go back to TV-14 to create better television, they can do it with the PG rating, they just have to go back to good storylines, good character development, and make every segment/match MEAN something rather than just appear to be two guys they threw out there to fill time. Also when the crowd is behind a guy, they need to find a way to PUSH that guy even if he's not "their guy" so to speak, the crowd is behind him so they need to find some way to PUSH him.

Cloudtopsun2100

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
We need a new Stone Cold Steve Austin to bust in and give everyone including "fans" (secretly wwe employees) stunners, throw in a douche like a new version of Jerry the King Lawler with his king walk and you got a new attitude era.. who is the new wwe favorite? the dude who goes YES YES YES? they need to get rid of him with a stunner right into a casket at a casket match and bring in new wrestlers like "Damon "The Mack", El Numero Uno, EU refugee, Transracial Legion of Doom, etc

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Now that you talk about it, I believe the desire to make a kid friendly product ruined much of the fun, same thing which happens by movies taken from disney.

I believe that if Jeff hardy was to smack stacy's ass, then force kiss her and throw her away of the ring, there would be some problems.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hG_WJgBNzsU

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cloudtopsun2100 said:
who is the new wwe favorite? the dude who goes YES YES YES? they need to get rid of him
That dude was Daniel Bryan, and he was one of the few things right about the business currently. Unfortunately, years of wrestling in the independent leagues have taken a toll on his body. He's currently injured and there's a chance he may never wrestle again. So it sounds like you get your wish.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah and they did NOT want to push Daniel Bryan, understand that. Daniel Bryan got a push in the Summer of 2013 because John Cena was injured. Once Cena came back, they were going to push Bryan back down to the mid-card, he was expected to fight Sheamus at Wrestlemania 30.

But Batista came back and didn't go over well and CM Punk walked out, that's what made them push Daniel Bryan.

The product is so boring mainly due to being highly over-scripted, bad acting, and the performers that the hardcore audience likes are pushed down the card while the "chosen" performers by the Office are pushed up the card.

To improve the entertainment of the product, they should do the following:

- John Cena needs to turn heel NOW and create a power group with Vince, HHH, etc. on his side. Basically Cena goes around talking about how he's the face, nobody will ever go above him, etc. Have the wrestlers that were created by "the office" join up with Cena's group, like Sheamus and Reigns.

- To fight Cena's group, would be the NXT guys led by Bray Watt, Kevin Owens, Dean Ambrose, and Seth Rollins. If they can bring back CM Punk to also help out this group, that would be awesome.

- You can have wildcard guys who aren't on either side, like Randy Orton, Sting, and Brock Lesnar.

- The women's division can be structured the same, have the Bellas Twins represent "the Office" and the women from NXT come up to challenge them.

The hardcore fans are with the NXT performers right now. You can do all of these changes while still under a PG brand.

Fatal Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
roman reign is the dude they pushing for, dude is going to shine hard

I think the only person from the old generation still fighting fulltime is kaine

TheVirtualMind

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is Kane even considered "full time?" I wish they had kept the Wyatt Family together longer and maybe added a member or two, especially a diva. They could have been the new Ministry or Brood.

Cloudtopsun2100

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
That dude was Daniel Bryan, and he was one of the few things right about the business currently. Unfortunately, years of wrestling in the independent leagues have taken a toll on his body. He's currently injured and there's a chance he may never wrestle again. So it sounds like you get your wish.
Him injured was not my wish. The focus being changed to a more mature product is. Bring back the gimmicks, this realistic wrestling they are going after is a joke. We all know its fake, so be fake in style. People who wanna see realistic stuff can watch the UFC. Can't have a soap opera (which WWE is) without interesting characters you don't run into in your daily life. Shows like Soprano and Game of Thrones are popular cause they are entertainment that takes you on a journey, which is what WWE needs to do.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tenacity said:
Yeah and they did NOT want to push Daniel Bryan, understand that. Daniel Bryan got a push in the Summer of 2013 because John Cena was injured. Once Cena came back, they were going to push Bryan back down to the mid-card, he was expected to fight Sheamus at Wrestlemania 30.
The crowd demanded they push Bryan. They would chant his name and "Yes", and basically disrupt entire shows because they would not push Bryan. But the WWE was all "We tell the crowd what to like, the crowd does not tell us". By the time they did decide to give him a run with the belt, it was too late. Bryan's physical ailments had mounted up, and he had to take extended time off. Huge failure for the company.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
Anybody watching rasslin' tonight :D?

I love watching it when Brock Lesnar is fighting.

Reaction score
my dad was not a big man, but when he was young, they still farmed with horses and cut wood with an axe. One day when he was about 45, he said "watch this, boy"! He then backed up to the front bumper of our 58 Ford, 289 V 8, all steel, and proceeded to get the tires into the air by straightening his legs. He'd never worked out (with weights, runniing etc) that I'd ever heard of. He'd been a truck driver since I was 6, too. I was 16 at the time. I feel sorry for guys whose dads have never been anything but a computer nerd.

Fatal Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
truth be told I wish undertaker was still a full time wrestler, in my opinion he is the last true legend.

Even though I still watch wrestling, I still hate that the old generation is completely gone.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the first and only ever WWF fight ever went to was the night that bush invaded the Persian gulf. I came home and it was on the news everywhere

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cutting ties I agree with. He was clearly a huge racist...despite any claims he isnt. What bothers me is that Hogan has had a lot of power and creative control in almost every wrestling company he's been with. So I have to wonder if he's ever done sh!t to hold people back if they didnt have the image he was looking for ethnicity wise.

Plus there has always been talk floating around of him having said some despicable things about the Rock.

That all said, I think firing Hogan was correct. But I do not think scrubbing him from their website and doing a full purger was correct. He's wrestling royalty and helped make the WWE what it is today. They cannot pretend like he does not exist.