Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Got my back waxed...

MattR1984

Don Juan
Reaction score
So my one genetic trait passed down from my father which I hate is the back hair I have. I'm leaving for vacation to St Lucia on Thursday and figured I'd get it waxed but never tried it before, usually just had a woman I was dating shave it. Apparently from doing that a lot the hair was thicker and stronger than normal the woman at the wax place told me. Anyways, after getting half of it done I couldn't stand it anymore, you talk about pain, holy sh!t it was bad.

I got up and told her I couldn't do it anymore, and left. Had this girl who's going on the trip with me come by this evening and just shaved the rest of it :) . I'll never ever ever ever ever get my back waxed again in my life.

glass half full

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Might see if anyone around does laser hair removal. Have had a little done, gonna ask about the cost of having my back done next time, I'm sure it won't be cheap. I'm a hairy mofo too, ex used to shave mine. Hate to ask my teen daughter to do that...would seem a bit strange. I said something to mom about it once, got a really weird look. Back in her day it wasn't a big deal you know.

BetterCallSaul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah back hair is probably one male quality I really don't like. I'm thankful that I don't have this problem but I've seen plenty of guys that do. I can't ever think of a case where having it would be beneficial....maybe stuck in sub-zero temperatures somewhere? But even if you are, use your head to figure a way out of there.

Definitely check into some sort of laser removal if you can afford it.

Sik

Don Juan
Reaction score
OP,

You really couldn't stand to have your back waxed? Man, I have my armpits waxed, and that's the definition of pain! The back is a piece of cake.

Anyways, waxing is good. Clean up that caterpillar unibrow, get that rug off your back and if you have pecs, take them out from under the shag carpet before beach season.

I have my arms, pits, chest and back waxed, partially because I'm muscular with low body fat so everything looks better, but I also do Muay Thai and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Gi/No Gi, so the risk of Ringworm, Folliculitis, Staph, and, God forbid, MRSA, infection is reduced by eliminating the sweaty hair vector of infection. It's also just good manners not to rub your hairy chest in your training partners face.

If the pain is really that unbearable, take two or three aspirin/tylenol before your session, or have a few beers. The waxer is also key, a bad waxer will subject you to unneeded pain.

As for the girls, every one has appreciated a clean appearance - but you should have the body to go with it. I think it is also age-dependent. In your 20's, get cleaned up. In your 60's, no one cares.