Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Are there any professional books of how to get women outside of PUA community ?

evan12

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know most of the books that are written by PUA, but I wounder if there are any professionals such as doctors or psychologists who wrote books about this subject ?
Its come to my mind because I was looking for some books for men on amazon , and most of them (to me all of them ) was about married man or at least men who are already in relationship , but non of them talk about men who are not yet in relationship .

sharkbeat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you are looking specifically for a book on picking up women, then most likely you would only find the PUA books.

However, there are plenty of general self-help books that focuses on social/marketing skills in general. Some popular ones:

http://www.amazon.com/How-Win-Frien...1427776248&sr=8-1&keywords=how+to+win+friends

http://www.amazon.com/Influence-Psy...76307&sr=8-1&keywords=psychology+of+influence

http://www.amazon.com/48-Laws-Power...d=1427776579&sr=8-1&keywords=48+laws+of+power

http://www.amazon.com/Concise-Art-S...d=1427778523&sr=1-1&keywords=art+of+seduction

The first one is for general social situations while the second is more for marketing. There are also those shady NLP books that Neil Strauss read. 48 Laws of Power can turn you into a very creepy man if you apply it wrong. The Art of Seduction is probably the closest to what you are looking for, but again, it's not a direct tips and tricks to get a lady on to your bed.

Let's not talk about PUA tricks. Solid social skills will put you ahead big time. This means having empathy, able to listen, speak with clarity and power, and not trying to belittle people around you will make you an alpha.

What I have observed from nerds trying to become PUAs is that they gain a lethal dose of douchbaggery. They suddenly think they are on top and better than anyone else. Exaggerated body languages and speech. He thinks everybody else is nice guys while he's the bad boy, while in reality everyone else can smell his desperation. This is what happens when you absorb PUA teachings more than you can actually handle.

You don't command respect, you gain respect, and you start doing that by treating others with respect.

MOTU

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good list Shark, and I repped for your comment on nerds turning douchey. Right on.

Evan, as shark mentions, social skills + understanding how women work = getting laid. So I would add The Moral Animal and The Rational Male to the list above.

Peaks&Valleys

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sharkbeat said:
Let's not talk about PUA tricks. Solid social skills will put you ahead big time. This means having empathy, able to listen, speak with clarity and power, and not trying to belittle people around you will make you an alpha.

What I have observed from nerds trying to become PUAs is that they gain a lethal dose of douchbaggery. They suddenly think they are on top and better than anyone else. Exaggerated body languages and speech. He thinks everybody else is nice guys while he's the bad boy, while in reality everyone else can smell his desperation. This is what happens when you absorb PUA teachings more than you can actually handle.

You don't command respect, you gain respect, and you start doing that by treating others with respect.
I couldn't agree more with you. For whatever reason, they feel that treating other people with respect - shows weakness. I won't get into that particular subject any further, however, when learning game, don't lose yourself. I'm very adamant at telling people to learn one step at a time. Inner and outer game, both. Taking the red pill doesn't mean you have to change your whole foundation. A lot of people think, that once they take the 'red pill', they have to do the opposite of everything they were previously doing. In some cases that will be true, but not ALL.

The first one is for general social situations while the second is more for marketing. There are also those shady NLP books that Neil Strauss read. 48 Laws of Power can turn you into a very creepy man if you apply it wrong. The Art of Seduction is probably the closest to what you are looking for, but again, it's not a direct tips and tricks to get a lady on to your bed.
I agree here, however, I've tried reading The Art of Seduction, it's long and can be tedious at times. I've gotten through most of it, but, for the beginner, I would personally never recommend it. It seems to show extreme contradictions, and can be confusing even for the seasoned DJ. I feel it's more advanced material, that will add another layer of knowledge, once you've already built that solid foundation.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've always thought that Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus had some valuable information in it. I know it's mainstream, and not exactly pickup, but the author does a good job of explaining to guys how to understand women.

Tictac

Banned
Reaction score
Mark Manson's "Models of Attraction" is quite good.

I guess you could call him a member of the PUA world.

But if he is, he has a very different take than most authors.

evan12

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
http://www.amazon.com/How-Win-Friend...to+win+friends
old book but good
http://www.amazon.com/Influence-Psyc...y+of+influence
havent read it yet
http://www.amazon.com/48-Laws-Power-...+laws+of+power
Good book for the guys who believe they have always to play by the rules , it is eye opening if you want to know why your unqualified jobmate get promoted and you not .
http://www.amazon.com/Concise-Art-Se...t+of+seduction
I didnt find any good in this book , it is written when women were oppressed and eager to mate, many things doesnt seem to apply these days

Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus
I have read that book too , it is for men who already in relationship and facing problem with their partners , no advise of what to do if you dont have a partner .

I read his blog which these books are the sum of the blog , it show you how women really work and think but no advise of how to get women . also you feel a little bitterness toward the women after that, in the end men are selfish too and both men and women work on their best interest .

I have read his other book "the flow" and it was good, actually it added something to my personality after reading it , I might try this one too .

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

bmp2cpm

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
All of these suggestions are really great. I'll add my favorite book. This one is not so much of how to get women, but explains men's and women's strategies scientifically.

It basically explains the WHY for every action of a woman.

Evolution of Desire by David Buss

sharkbeat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for pointing out the Rollo T's books. I have been scatteredly reading his blog, but never read his books. I have something interesting to read now.

evan12

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tictac said:

I guess you could call him a member of the PUA world.

But if he is, he has a very different take than most authors.
Thank man , I found myself reading page after page of this book , that is what I needed a book that teach how to behave as a high status man. because lately people think I am less than of what actually I am , they guess my salary 25% of what I actually get , etc .

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
59 Seconds
http://www.amazon.com/59-Seconds-Change-Under-Minute/dp/0307474860

Trouble I have with a lot of self-help books and field reports is they r anecdotal. I tried blah and it worked great - they don't isolate the other factors at play. This one goes through some basic (if yr a DJ) tactics that have been scientifically proven. So I do these first (i.e. I've added them to my base).

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Even12

Mark Manson's book - do you think its research based? And does it add much to the info here on SS on leading the DJ like (i.e. spin plates, build value, remain aloof, C&F, etc.)