Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How to deal with text situation

Reaction score
After texting me first yesterday and having a brief conversation, a girl I've been seeing didn't respond to one of my texts in which I asked a question I.e. required a response.

I won't be able to see this girl for about 4 weeks due to holidays etc.

Should I read anything into this and what's the best thing to do?

I'm fine with not texting her much over holidays but would rather not leave it a few days on her not replying

Last edited:

gravityeyelids

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Leave her alone. Leave her alone.

If you're not going to see her for four weeks, you shouldn't text her as often as you think you should. Depending on how often you text, go a few days without texting. Or better yet, wait until she texts first.

In general, the following rules almost always apply (with a few exceptions)
1) Take as long (or better yet, twice as long) to text her back as she took to text you back. Same applies to snapchat.
2) Dont send two texts in a row unless you guys are bantering and you're both responding relatively quickly and she's sending you multiple texts at a time.
3) Texting twice is especially bad in cases where you sent a text and she didnt respond so you text her again. Super needy. DO NOT DO THIS. (The only exception being in an absolute emergency such as she's drunk and needs to be picked up because she's alone in a shady place or something. But that goes without saying). If you are a priority in her life (which you should be), she WILL see the text and she WILL get back to you when she can.

When i dated a girl and we were apart, i very rarely texted. but i hate texting in general and she knew that. Personally? over the holidays? I would honestly only initiate texting AT MOST twice a week. This only goes for initiating a new convo obviously.

Just stay busy. Dont hang by your phone. If you're not busy, try to go a few hours without replying. But ideally, a true DJ has so much other stuff going on in his life that his mind and hands are occupied doing other things constantly.

Obviously send her a nice Xmas/Happy New Years text, or better yet, call her.

gravityeyelids

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Also, it'd be beneficial if you'd elaborate on what "seeing her" means. If you're casually dating or just sleeping together, then fvck...i wouldnt hit her up much at all except for a happy xmas text.

If she's your exclusive, long term relationship GF, then be a gentleman and initiate texting at least once a week if she doesnt initiate first

Reaction score
We've seen each other about 5 times and I've stayed in hers on every occasion. We pretty much agreed to be exclusive one evening but I got sidetracked the next morning and forgot to bring the topic up again.

om1xr

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
if you care this much about an unanswered text then you have a big issue that you need to fix. and next time call

JJMcLure

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The problem with texts and e-mails is that they can be ignored and you are left hanging with uncertainty. You don't know if she didn't receive it, didn't see it, accidentally deleted it, got distracted away by something or ignored it. As has been posted above a better option in future is to speak on the phone.

JohnChops

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No more keyboard jockeying . Action is the place.
You've been to her place 5 times, and you are exclusive? No sex? did you at least make up? lol. Man, stop hopping into exclusivity so quickly, it never ends well when its brought on so fast.

backbeat

Don Juan
Reaction score
ChicksDigTheLongBall said:
We've seen each other about 5 times and I've stayed in hers on every occasion. We pretty much agreed to be exclusive one evening but I got sidetracked the next morning and forgot to bring the topic up again.
wut? wut kind of relationship is that if u dont know wut u r?

Reaction score
Sorry, by staying over here I meant that we had sex each time.

If I was to call don't you think it would look a bit odd going from solely texting and snapchat to suddenly calling? Wouldn't it look like it was brought on by missing her?