Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

My Mission

Exit Acend

Reaction score
So I've been reading recently in various places (Ayn Rand books, Way of the Superior Man, various blogs) about My Mission, and how it should be the driving force behind everything I do. Even before I was Red Pill aware I never prioritised women over my own stuff, believing they should compliment my life, and not be the focus but I'm not really sure what is actually meant by My Mission.

The black and white Ayn Rand books are pretty obvious - each characters complete focus on their job (archectiture, steel, railroads, whatever) but in the real world, who the hell would actually wants to be that focused on any one thing to the exclusion of others!?

As a general thing in life, my self improvement is properly my biggest focus, but this seems a bit vague and open to interpretation anyway. Any thoughts on this stuff would be much appreicated

A side note on myself: This is my first post here, and I don't usually spend much time on forums but I am a big fan of The Rational Male and know Rollo frequents (or used to?) these forums so I guess you guys here will be on his wave length and may be in a better position to answer than elsewhere!?

Aware

Don Juan
Reaction score
Exit said:
but in the real world, who the hell would actually wants to be that focused on any one thing to the exclusion of others!?
One can never can fully focus on something, because life is full of distraction. However it's possible to get obsessed to the point that the object of obsession becomes a driving force. It's not a good idea to get obsessed about a person, nor even a physical object. Skills, science and knowledge are solid choices and within them there's plenty to chose from.

Being good at seducing women is a skill. Being able to charm and live with one of the most beautiful and feminine women is just a byproduct of this skill. Know the difference.

Exit said:
As a general thing in life, my self improvement is properly my biggest focus, but this seems a bit vague and open to interpretation anyway. Any thoughts on this stuff would be much appreicated
What do you mean by self-improvement? I know the term sounds pretty self-explanatory, but do you have the engame in sight? Do you know what your engame is?

Your post reminds me of myself a half year ago. I just wanted to be the best version of myself I could be. And I still do. However I have realized that even if molding my personality to my liking is my main focus, it can be accomplished only by taking action and doing something that would force my ****ing lazy brain to connect more neurons to each other.
Leonardo Da Vinci didn't become a genius overnight, but because he worked his ass off honing his skills in architecture, engineering, painting and many other areas.

Exit Acend

Reaction score
There's no real end game per se, as you never stop developing and learning from experiences.

On a personal level I read a lot of self improvement books (and not the new age BS) in and around stuff like meditation, NLP, Robert Greene etc. I really try to evalaute both my strenghts and weaknesses and try to expand upon or mitigate them as appropriate. I also do the gym thing with some success (but not to the point that it sucks up all my free time).

In a greater world view way I read a lot in and around thre 'manosphere' to try and really undertsand how the world actually works beneath what is spoonfeed by the media and the feminine defined western society as a whole.

A couple of years ago I travelled the world for a year to expand my horizons and both meet people on my wavelength but also as a way to keep pushing myself out of my comfort zone. I am currently repeating this for a second time, and am three months into an eight(ish) month trip through South and Central America (I'm currently in Bolivia).

Despite all this however, I don't know if I'm missing something I should've picked up on by now or whether this is indeed a good path to optimizing myself as a decent man and human being.

Aware

Don Juan
Reaction score
A wise man once said that if you want to become enlightened, you have to stop caring about it, stop pursuing it as a goal. That man was Anthony De Mello. I didn't understand it then, but I understand it now.

Self-improvement cannot be a focus itself, because this way you will never reach passions and obsessions required to master something. For example it's impossible to become a master blacksmith, if it's just a means to another goal. And if you don't master anything, you will never reach higher thresholds of self-improvement.