Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Women REALLY hate facial hair

Maeisgood

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Please forgive me if this is the wrong forum, I'm not sure where to post this here. I read in another thread a couple of months ago in which the concensus seemed to be that beards are good, especially if you are <30 grow a beard and if you are >30 don't grow one (or maybe it was 40, I forget).

I used to have facial hair for a long, long time and many people, especially women said "you have a nice face I don't know why you want to cover it up with hair." Girls also say that "a little peach fuzz is cute, but beards prick me when we kiss." One guy said in regards to my facial hair, "whatever works for you, man." Over the years, I've gradually scaled back my beard into sideburns, but I was basically clean-shaven. I don't know if it is that I was single by the time I was clean shaven or what, but I do think I have had more hook ups. I personally love beards and wish they were more acceptable. I got lazy recently and I have a 2.5 week old beard I'm thinking of shaving, because I'm going to my old college tonight and I want to look less distinguished haha. People say they like it, but I feel like people lie a lot when someone does something unique or daring, just to be polite.

Read this article and tell me what you all think about it:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2110272/Psychologists-confirm-Women-REALLY-dont-like-beards.html

Zerro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women hate UGLY facial hair: Prince William's beard was the only good one on there while both Brad Pitt and Keannu Reeves look like hobos.

I've only ever had one woman who was put off by beards and well it was her loss as I shave for no woman. My current woman hates it whenever I have to shave my beard for work purposes (some refineries forbid them) and can't wait for me to grow it back.

A beard that is well kept makes you look much more masculine and a woman who actually wants a man rather than a boy will take notice of it.

Velor

Don Juan
Reaction score
Women can say whatever they want, but deep inside they love well-cured beards, it's something that connects the Man to his ancestors, something that shows power and physical wellbeing..
Women love it.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
On the main page, it shows this thread as Women REALLY hate facial...

I was thinking No, they don't and clicked on it, but then thought Oh! facial hair, OK, I get it now. :D

Velor

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:

I was thinking No, they don't and clicked on it, but then thought Oh! facial hair, OK, I get it now. :D
AHAHAHAHAH :crackup:

captain A

Don Juan
Reaction score
It depends on the man. Some guys look good with them, some guys look like the guy who sleeps on your drug-dealing-pedophile uncle's couch.

It's taken some time for me to figure mine out. I've been able to grow a great beard since high school but never seemed to get a response from the ladies that I was happy with......I've found that having a light stubble works the best for me. It's masculine but with purpose and it shows that you care about your looks but you're edgy so you don't conform to society's demand that you shave daily.
I grow it out and trim it up after about a week and half and then shave it off after a little over two weeks...gotten much better results than a consistent full beard or clean shaven look.

Zerro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And of course there have been studies on this:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/05/03/stubble_survey/

"Clean-shaven, however, fared poorly among women in the masculinity category, who placed those photos at the bottom of that scale. In fact, the more facial hair that each photo displayed, the higher it scored on the masculinity scale – and that held true for both men and women."

Maeisgood

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So the different results of the scientific studies contradict each other? Or does this mean women think that more facial hair is more masculine and they hate masculinity?

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the stubble look if you can pull it off is better than clean shaven. I have tried both and generally like the response I get without shaving for a few days.

Fatal Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I love my mustache and my goatee, don't care if women like it or not.

( . )( . )

Banned
Reaction score
Velor said:
Women can say whatever they want, but deep inside they love well-cured beards, it's something that connects the Man to his ancestors, something that shows power and physical wellbeing..
Women love it.
Yep. I get more compliments since I grew a beard. Had women tell me to never shave it off, even had a chick tell me how much she loved it while I was banging her and another commenting on it after the deed. Beards here to stay now.

I'm not a fan of all these SWPL skinny jeaned faggots all sporting beards that are cropping up now though. Chickbook and latte's should automatically disqualify you for a beard in my opinion. Just cheapens it.

Sleep

Don Juan
Reaction score
Taken from redddit.com/r/beards

http://i.imgur.com/TucsL7U.jpg (the most anonymous looking guy I found).

I personally don't grow a beard, but it's because I can't, if I could grow of like this dude, I would sport it like a champ.

The Shoe

Don Juan
Reaction score
Some women put up a poll and "demanded" I wear stubble. this look has gotten a better response than all my other facial hair arrangements.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i wear a gotee now and the wife loves it. women in general respond to me more with facial hair than without

but the thing about it is if you are giong to wear it you can't let it get sloppy. i go get mine trimmed 2 times a week (just 5 bucks each time) that's why i don't like keeping it beucse it's too much up keep but the women love it when it's done right and it's clean and neat

old_skoolr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women dont know what they want lol. So just do whatever makes you feel comfortable.

I know girls say they'll never sleep with a guy with a hairy chest and that its disgusting. Then they sleep with me and all they do is play with my chest hair.

HalfAddict

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oklahoma where the wind comes sweeping down the pl
All my ladies dig the beard.. I am called handsome daily... without it I look silly and am never called handsome.... I think this article is wrong haha

But I always shave the neckbeard yo.

Wolfgang D

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Of those women who have seen me with and without a beard, only a minority thought the beard looked better. And among this minority, no one thought the clean-shaven look was bad, while several women thought the bearded look was bad.

Usually when I got a beard women would say, "Looks good," but when I shaved it off they would say, "God, you look so much better now! I had forgotten! Have my children!" (Maybe not the last part.)

Lest you think my beard was unbeardly, I can tell you that I have great facial hair for a beard, even and with no interruptions. I liked it. Then I shaved it off and looked years younger, and liked that too. When I pick up a battle-axe and start culling the herd Viking style, I'll grow a beard again.

I think that only for a minority of men is the bearded state a decisive improvement, depending on the shape of your face. As a sidenote, beard and no beard was a fashion thing even in the Middle Ages. Sometimes it was fashionable in a country to be clean-shaven, sometimes not. Go back to the Romans and you see they generally did not wear a beard. Mark Anthony, one of the most badass men in antique history, only got a beard as a way to show mourning for his fallen soldiers when he lost a battle, which was the style at the time.

Bible_Belt said:

You are an evil and wicked man, and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can grow a really coarse, full lumberjack beard, but it's uncomfortable as hell! I always have 2-3 days of stubble though. I just use a trimmer and shave my neckline and it works for me.

I find that younger chicks like less facial hair, but it totally depends. The moral of the story is do what YOU want!

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have to stay clean shaven since I am in the service. If you have any doubts as to what works or looks "good" then start by being clean shaven. Experiment from there as you feel.