Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

2 police officers arrested for robbing 7/11 store!

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
From what I've read, something like 90% of bank robbers get away. But the typical amount stolen is very small, like a thousand bucks or so.

There was a guy out west who robbed a ton of banks for years. He had a van with a dirt bike in the back. He'd park in the woods, ride off road to the bank to rob it. He had a gimmick where he would scream and then jump on top of a counter. It made witnesses unable to describe his height. He eventually got caught when some kids stumbled across a vent pipe to one of his underground bunkers where he hid his cash.

My law school graduated a convicted bank robber. And the Illinois bar admitted him. It was about ten years since his last robbery when he applied to law school.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here in Japan cops are usually busted for stealing underwear off clotheslines or taking sneaky upskirt photos of high school girls on escalators.

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Danger said:
What did they do? They would show up once a year in the region and target six or seven different banks. They would use the checking account for two months before making a large deposit with a bad check, only to take the cash on the morning of the fifth business day before the check was returned by the Regional Fed Reserve bank as fraudulent.

They would then leave the area with close to $50,000 tax free, presumably to hit another region of the country.

Never made the news, and would disappear into nothing when reported to the police. All because by law the money had to be available on the fifth day and the process for determining if it was a bad check took longer than the five days.
That's interesting. They just withdrew the $50,000 in cash and the bank had to comply? It would be very tempting to a criminal as it sounds like profiting from a "perfect" crime, won't get caught and no one gets harmed but the banks.

That reminds me of someone I knew who received a refund/rebate check in the mail for a little over $50,000 from Target. It probably was only suppose to be for $5 or so. The person didn't do anything wrong and was hard up for money so they deposited the check in their bank account. I'm not sure what the Bank and and Target were doing behind the scenes, but I know the bank cleared the check after a couple or three days and then quickly within a another day took the money back out of the account and I assume refunded Target. And the person was never contacted by anyone. I'm not even sure if the bank really had a right to take the money back out of the account?? It was a legitimate check just the amount was wrong. If the person had withdrawn all of the money out of their bank account they could've kept it and Target would had to sue to get any of it back.

TheVirtualMind

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just a fyi: They aren't police officers, they are correction officers.